No Central Locking

jordan watkins

Reaction score
Anyone able to shed some light as to why my central locking and windows have stopped working? Went to get in my car to go out and had to unlock it using the key which only unlocked the drivers door. I had faint writing of the word ‘fuse’ on the dash and it wouldn’t turn over as if the battery was dead. So started it using jump leads but I don’t think it’s battery related as the time, date and millage didn’t reset and I turned the car straight off and started her back up fine straight away without the jump leads. My interior lights and puddle lights have stopped coming on when the doors open, but comes on when you switch them on manually. I still have things like my electric mirrors and other electrics such as dash lights and external lighting, headlights etc. Anyone got any idea?

Anyone able to shed some light as to why my central locking and windows have stopped working? Went to get in my car to go out and had to unlock it using the key which only unlocked the drivers door. I had faint writing of the word ‘fuse’ on the dash and it wouldn’t turn over as if the battery was dead. So started it using jump leads but I don’t think it’s battery related as the time, date and millage didn’t reset and I turned the car straight off and started her back up fine straight away without the jump leads. My interior lights and puddle lights have stopped coming on when the doors open, but comes on when you switch them on manually. I still have things like my electric mirrors and other electrics such as dash lights and external lighting, headlights etc. Anyone got any idea?
Your not based around Cardiff with a silver a3 are you? I spoke to a chap last night at a meet with exactly the same problem literally to a T!

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Sounds like central locking control unit as this controls the windows and central locking

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk