No Build Week??

Jwhalley96

Reaction score
Hi All, New to this thread..

Recently ordered the Facelift Audi S3 on the 02/01/17 but still have no Build week?
Been on Your Audi and im still on the welcome part.

Don't think i have ordered anything out of the Ordinary..

Audi S3 3dr S-Tronic
Ara Blue
Super Sport Seats
Pan Roof
B&O Speakers
Rear Sensors

Any Suggestions?

Last edited:
Fairly normal for it to take a wee while and at this time of year (so soon after the festive shut down) it's a bit longer for it to update.
If it's not on by next week though I'd say call the dealer and then Audi Customer Care to check.

My order for a S-Line TDI hatchback was placed on 04/01/17 and I'm still at the initial Welcome stage. I rang customer services after 3 weeks and they told me to call back in another fortnight if nothing had changed on Your Audi.

Fairly normal for it to take a wee while and at this time of year (so soon after the festive shut down) it's a bit longer for it to update.
If it's not on by next week though I'd say call the dealer and then Audi Customer Care to check.

Reactions: Audi Bairn

Recently ordered the Facelift Audi S3 on the 02/01/17 but still have no Build week?

Audi S3 3dr S-Tronic
Ara Blue
Super Sport Seats
Pan Roof
B&O Speakers
Rear Sensors

Any Suggestions?

Give Audi customers services a call on 0845 769 9777 - they should be able to give you an update.

For those of you who have ordered an A3 or S3 in the past couple of months - what has been the time period between placing your order and moving off the initial Welcome stage to Order Received on Your Audi?

I've been trying to follow the 'new car order' thread, but I'm finding it difficult to track progress of any individual car - particularly at the initial stage.

I'm in the same boat - ordered a fairly heavily-loaded A3 on 7th Jan. Dealer has allocated me a car they already had on order & added my spec to it.

Still at the "Welcome" stage on YourAudi. What is worrying is the order date shows in YourAudi as 9th December, so tomorrow that will be 7 weeks with seemingly no movement. The dealer is proving hard to get hold of also. Two calls not returned & on occasions the phone just rings and rings, then someone answers it and hangs up straight away. Any yes, this is a big dealership with a good number of Audi Centres (& other car brands) under it's belt. Think I will pay the dealer a visit tomorrow.

The best way is to generally speak to Audi customer services. The dealers don;t usually have any info and are less than useless.

For those of you who have ordered an A3 or S3 in the past couple of months - what has been the time period between placing your order and moving off the initial Welcome stage to Order Received on Your Audi?

I've been trying to follow the 'new car order' thread, but I'm finding it difficult to track progress of any individual car - particularly at the initial stage.
I ordered a A3 Saloon BE 2.0TDI on the 11/01 and only yesterday it moved to Order Received and given a build week of 10th April!!!

In my case I placed an order for an A3 Sportback 2.0TDI-184 s-tronic quattro on 15-Nov-2016 and after about 3 weeks was given a build date of 16-Jan-17. The building was actually started on 12-Jan-17, moved to Emden on 14-Jan-17 and arrived in Grimsby on 22-Jan-17. I have received regular emails from both Audi and my dealer giving the current progress.

If you go in to Your Audi and click the order number for the new car it will tell you the current status and if you then enter http://youraudi.cf/ in to the URL line it will allow you to register for update emails from Audi. The dealers get all the same information about each of their orders and and reasonable dealer should pass this information on to you.

Reactions: slipped_disc
Spoke to both the dealer & Audi Customer Service. Both are singing from the same song-sheet - there is, apparently, unprecedented demand for 3 door A3's & the factory cannot cope with demand. You just have to wait your turn for a build-date. Even so, 7 weeks from dealer-order date and zero movement seems slow.

Will just make sure I put some miles onto the part-exchange current A3, as the price for that is all confirmed on the order - the dealer has confirmed that the longer it takes them to deliver the new car, the less my current one will be worth to them. If they think I am having the current one serviced in 30days when it's due, they can whistle too - that can be their problem when they get it (it's out of warranty).

Spoke to both the dealer & Audi Customer Service. Both are singing from the same song-sheet - there is, apparently, unprecedented demand for 3 door A3's & the factory cannot cope with demand. You just have to wait your turn for a build-date. Even so, 7 weeks from dealer-order date and zero movement seems slow.

Will just make sure I put some miles onto the part-exchange current A3, as the price for that is all confirmed on the order - the dealer has confirmed that the longer it takes them to deliver the new car, the less my current one will be worth to them. If they think I am having the current one serviced in 30days when it's due, they can whistle too - that can be their problem when they get it (it's out of warranty).
If the part exchange car is due for a service before you trade in you may find they deduct the cost from what they give you.

If the part exchange car is due for a service before you trade in you may find they deduct the cost from what they give you.

I was advised to get mine done before p/x

What if I reset the service interval indicator? (The car has been switched between fixed & long-life servicing - had it on fixed for 1st 3yrs when on Audi Service Plan, so they were paying). They allegedly changed it to long-life on the last service - will have to check the paperwork - but it's flashed up today as service in 30days or 11200 miles. Oddly enough, it's precisely 30days to the anniversary of the last service, so I suspect they did not change the interval on the MMI.

I was advised to get mine done before p/x
I was also advised the same but the amount the dealer was going to deduct was less than the cost of me paying for a service. The were also going to deduct £650 for four new tyres as the existing ones are getting a bit thin but I can replace all four tyres for £400.

Audi S3 3dr S-Tronic
Ara Blue
Super Sport Seats
Pan Roof
B&O Speakers
Rear Sensors

Any Suggestions?

It took just over a month before my car was issued a build date and even then it was built before that date 2 weeks unexpectedly...... but Im not complaining!

So, as it's just over a month since I placed my order for an A3 hatch black edition and I'm still at the "Welcome" stage on Your Audi, I thought I'd give Customer Services a call.

I've been told that there's no build slots available, but they're hoping for a build week in May or June, with the car delivered a month later - probably meaning at the end of July!

Wonder what the problem is at the factory?

Reactions: Audi Bairn

I ordered my S3 saloon on 26/01/2017 and got the "your new audi begins here" email (with order number) on 1st Feb. Got the "we are nearly ready to start" email (with build week) the day after on 2nd Feb.

OK, so for those of you that have ordered an A3 or S3 3-door hatch in the new year - have you got a build week yet?

Mine took around 2 weeks to move to 'received' (ordered mid December)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ordered a new A3 1.6 TDI Sport and was told they had a build date around the beginning of March. Early last week I was told they had lost that build date as Audi had updated the engine and wanted to get as many on that build as possible. No idea what's different about the engine other than it's gone from 110BHP to 116BHP.

Emissions update perhaps?

I've been waiting even longer, placed an order for a very plain S3 3 door s-tronic via a lease company on the 25th November and still at the welcome stage! Keep pestering them but they have no news for me from the dealers. Getting a bit irritated to say the least.

I've been waiting even longer, placed an order for a very plain S3 3 door s-tronic via a lease company on the 25th November and still at the welcome stage! Keep pestering them but they have no news for me from the dealers. Getting a bit irritated to say the least.

cjm999, have you tried calling Customer Services? When I rang CS yesterday and was told about the potential 7 month wait, they offered to let me speak to someone else in another department to voice my concerns.
I (perhaps stupidly) declined this offer and immediately rang my dealer. He was aware of the problem and is trying to see if they can sort something out with another dealer in the same group.

cjm999, have you tried calling Customer Services? When I rang CS yesterday and was told about the potential 7 month wait, they offered to let me speak to someone else in another department to voice my concerns.
I (perhaps stupidly) declined this offer and immediately rang my dealer. He was aware of the problem and is trying to see if they can sort something out with another dealer in the same group.

I emailed Audi customer service about it and they just fobbed me off and said they didn't know when a build date would be allocated

Reactions: slipped_disc
I emailed Audi customer service about it and they just fobbed me off and said they didn't know when a build date would be allocated

You need to phone them to getting speaking directly with a customer services advisor, then start sobbing...

Now I've been told that for my order placed on 04 Jan 2017, the build week is going to be after week 22 in June.
The reason given is that it is due to the new model year MY18 coming into effect!

I'm not sure why MY18 only appears to be delaying 3-doors and not sportbacks or saloons?

Any advice or opinions welcome!

Last edited:
Now I've been told that for my order placed on 04 Jan 2017, the build week is going to be after week 22 in June.
The reason given is that it is due to the new model year MY18 coming into effect!

I'm not sure why MY18 only appears to be delaying 3-doors and not sportbacks or saloons?

Any advice or opinions welcome!

Speaking of MY18 I have a initial date of the 17 July (ordered 20 March) does anyone have any info on what changes (if any) will be implemented on a MY18 A3 S Line 1.4 TFSI 3dr.

I changed my order to a build week 13 saloon, so the MY18 thing isn't relevant to me any more. Though, it would be interesting to see what changes are happening. Perhaps there'll be some answers in the MY18 thread.

I changed my order to a build week 13 saloon, so the MY18 thing isn't relevant to me any more. Though, it would be interesting to see what changes are happening. Perhaps there'll be some answers in the MY18 thread.
How much extra pm does that work out for you?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk