No Bluetooth after MIB/MMI 2 retrofit

Callum Jarvis

Reaction score
Hi there guys and gals, I recently retrofitted a MII V2 system to my pre-facelift 2015 A3 with the main reason to gain Apple Carplay and Higher res screen. I had the units component protection legitimately removed (Someone owed me a favour, so this was free) Although ever since the Bluetooth and Voice control do not work. When I attempt to pair my phone I am presented with the message "The Bluetooth function is currently unavailable" If I press the voice control button on the steering wheel I'm presented with the message "The speech dialogue system is not fitted"
I will be visiting amazing DJAlix at some point to finish the retrofit although I was wondering if you guys had an idea as to why this is happening.

p.s I did find someone online with a 2017 Q7 with the exact same issue, although this person had navigation in their car, their nav system with the bluetooth and voice control also stopped working. This is leading me to think they're all somehow connected. Thanks guys :)

IMG 5862
FullSizeRender 9

Hi there guys and gals, I recently retrofitted a MII V2 system to my pre-facelift 2015 A3 with the main reason to gain Apple Carplay and Higher res screen. I had the units component protection legitimately removed (Someone owed me a favour, so this was free) Although ever since the Bluetooth and Voice control do not work. When I attempt to pair my phone I am presented with the message "The Bluetooth function is currently unavailable" If I press the voice control button on the steering wheel I'm presented with the message "The speech dialogue system is not fitted"
I will be visiting amazing DJAlix at some point to finish the retrofit although I was wondering if you guys had an idea as to why this is happening.

p.s I did find someone online with a 2017 Q7 with the exact same issue, although this person had navigation in their car, their nav system with the bluetooth and voice control also stopped working. This is leading me to think they're all somehow connected. Thanks guys :)

View attachment 132377 View attachment 132378
Hey Callum,

Do you know how CP was removed, did the tool used look like the one I used on your A1 when you last came to see me?

Hey Man

I didn't want to contact you as I know you're currently away. The person did use the official CP removal software as far as I am aware. Oddly enough the built-in sim seems to work just can't use the bluetooth at all. I wasn't sure if the bluetooth is built into the unit or of it has its own unit somewhere else in the car.

Hey!

Is all good, am contactable but might not answer straight away lol

If CP has been removed without "hacking" then it's a coding issue. BT is built in to the unit as is all other functions. This MMI is very different to both the Ines you had in your A1.

Am back on Wednesday and you are more than welcome to pop over.

Thanks for that, I'm pretty sure it was done the official way. The person is pretty big in the retrofits game. (I'll tell you in private just incase it was "hacked") I'm happy to come over, if you're not too tired from your travels.

Last edited:
Fire me over a text or WhatsApp, forget how we have been talking lol, and we will chat more.

Am back on Wednesday but it's been full on work out here and will be once I land in the uk so is all good :)