1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No aux or Bluetooth!

Simple91 Mar 14, 2017

1. Simple91

Simple91 Member

I'm 1000% sure this has been brought up before but it's killing me.

My A4 B8 has no aux or Bluetooth option which is crazy. Has anyone found a way past this without having to spend around £200 as changing and burning CDs is getting rather annoying now haha?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. EXSpartan36

EXSpartan36 Active Member Team Phantom VCDS Map User saloon TDi Audi A4 S-line owners group Manual

Retrofitting the aux wouldn't be much. You can get the Bluetooth module from eBay but the parrot kit would probably be cheaper. I believe you can stream music from some of the newer parrot kits.

I went down the route of fitting ami which was about £150 all in.

Simple91 likes this.
  4. Stonefish

Stonefish Active Member

If you have a concert or symphony radio you can get a AUX IN cable off eBay. Pretty sure its the one with the white 12 pin plug. On the concert it goes into connector B pins 1,2,7.

5. Meemo

Meemo Well-Known Member Supercharged Audi S5 Black Edition

100% isnt one in the centre armrest for aux cable?
    [​IMG]

My old mk4 gti didnt have an aux in, bought a kit on amazon by connects2 and it used the cd changer plug in back of the cd player, routed the wire in the glove box.

6. Simple91

Simple91 Member

Hi Meemo, I'm pretty sure you're localish to where i live.

Yeah i've check, that area where you have your aux has like a cut out option. I'm guessing if one was requested when the original buyer bought it from Audi. Ive checked in the glove box also and there is nothing in there not even the connector pins which ive seen how ive seen some people hook an aux up.

My car also didnt come with a CD changer option. :(

7. Meemo

Simple91 likes this.
  8. Meemo

Simple91 likes this.
  9. Simple91

Simple91 Member

Sweet. Thanks for your help, is it going to be a case of removing the headunit to find the model number on the back jobby?

10. Meemo

should just say on the front if it is concert etc..

11. Simple91

Simple91 Member

Audi concert

[​IMG]

12. Avatar

13. feva

feva Well-Known Member

Think the slot to the right and slightly below "info" button is a SD card slot. I've put all music on a SD card and use that.

Sent from my Note 4 using tapatalk

Simple91 likes this.
  14. Simple91

Simple91 Member

Yeah it is mate but I'd prefer to use an iPod

feva likes this.
  15. Leebroath

Leebroath Active Member

Guys does anyone know the part numbers of the cable and also the cradle for a 2009 A4?

I'm trying to hunt down these 2 parts and check out prices

Our car has the Aux but was wondering if better having the cradle as it will charge the device also

16. Simple91

Simple91 Member

Just purchased this SD card put one song on and inserted it and doesn't work. Shows as no SD inserted. Any guesses why?

[​IMG]

17. Leebroath

Leebroath Active Member

Maybe something to do with the format which Audi reads at?

Did you format the card first?

18. Simple91

Simple91 Member

Read that it has to be formatted to FAT32 but just read that SDHC cards do not work and has to be non HC

19. Leebroath

Leebroath Active Member

Non HC?

20. fearLesss

fearLesss Active Member TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Audi S4 quattro Manual

Tune2Air plugs into your MMI slot in your glovebox and acts as the Bluetooth you were missing. I've just fitted it to mine and it's great, your phone acts as an iPod if you have an iPhone. I use spotify predominantly and it says the track info on the screen and you can skip tracks but you can't see a list of tracks unfortunately, it just says 'Spotify' as the track name if you scrolling through the list. Costs £69 from Amazon.

21. Simple91

Simple91 Member

Type of SD card, normally now they're SDHC or SDSX cards I think. A standard SD card is proving hard to find

22. Simple91

Simple91 Member

My car doesn't have an MMI slot mate

23. Leebroath

Leebroath Active Member

24. Simple91

Simple91 Member

My guess is that's for newer audi's mate as mine is an 08 plate. I'm guessing it's true hence why mine doesn't works and I've read a few threads that state that HC doesn't work :(

Leebroath likes this.
  25. TechNick

TechNick Well-Known Member

26. gregpot2000

gregpot2000 Active Member

Hello there…. I notice from your pic. You have the “CD/SD” button. I take it your A4 is quite an early 08 plate. Unfortunately you cannot add anything to these units connection wise. From about 58 plate onwards, the radio was upgraded and CD/SD button was changed to “media”. These can have AMI and Aux added.
    With this upgrade, came the ability to read SDHC cards up to 32gb, your's can only read normal SD cards up to 2gb, This explains your other problems above.

I know this all too well, as I went through the same situation with my last A4 a few years ago, and there were no other options apart from buying a new head unit with the “media” button that could accept additional connections. This was around £200 including fitting for a brand new one from a Manchester based installer.

Simple91 and Leebroath like this.
  27. Simple91

Simple91 Member

Thank you for this info mate! So looks like it'll mean an upgrade unit down the line. In the meantime I've purchased a 4gb SD card off eBay which stated it was Audi A4 compatible (happy days) so that'll do for now :)

28. Leebroath

Leebroath Active Member

That's good to know

I have a 2009 A4 and I can now purchase a card 'up to' 32gb....I was looking at 128gb :)

29. Simple91

Simple91 Member

Slightly jealous here with my 4gb

30. Leebroath

Leebroath Active Member

You'll still be able to fit 1 or 2 albums :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

31. Nickday85

Nickday85 New Member

i have a 2011 model B8 which has the media button. I have AMI installed in the glovebox which currently has an iPod (30 pin) adaptor in it.

I also have an AUX connector in my arm rest, but it's never worked. Does anyone know if you can have both AMI and AUX on an Audi Concert? It'd certainly make my life easier if you can.

Thanks

32. gregpot2000

gregpot2000 Active Member

Hi There... Afraid you can't....

The concert radio has one slot to plug in either AUX or AMI, and recognises it internally as "media player 3". So you can either have one or the other, but not both at the same time. Aux was standard at the time, I suspect the previous owner of your car retrofitted AMI which then unplugged the Aux connection (if AMI was fitted at the factory you wouldn't have the Aux in the armrest)
    Just to add, you can buy an ami aux cable though that ends as a 3.5mm jack at one end, the system will recognise this as aux. I got a cheap one from Amazon for a fiver and it works perfectly

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  33. Avatar

34. Nickday85

Nickday85 New Member

Thanks. That's what I assumed. I have my iPod plugged into the AMI, but it would've been nice to have the option of plugging my phone in also to listen to Spotify etc without having to chop and change stuff in the glovebox.

I'll have a look on Amazon. Cheers!

Simple91 likes this.
  35. redrook

redrook New Member

Is this still the case with b8.5 (2013 onwards) cars with concert? There's so many out there with just concert and I can't believe that in 2013 Bluetooth streaming wasn't standard.

36. cashutt

cashutt New Member

I use an in car Bluetooth fm transmitter. Works perfectly, costs £15 ish.

I can’t get an amazon link to work, type in:

VICTSING FM Transmitter

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018 at 10:04 PM