Nissan Skyline GT-R R34

silver75

Big Ron
Reaction score
The Nissan Skyline GT-R R34 was acclaimed at launch as the best performance car ever for its price.... Like the R33 before it, the Skyline GT-R R34 is a technological masterpiece, it's an excellent all-rounder and it's incredibly, stunningly fast. The in-yer-face looks might not appeal to everyone, and it's not got the ambience - or, let's face it, the class - of an Aston Martin or a Ferrari, but who cares if it looks a bit brash when it's this blindingly good?
Cool IMO :cool:

0-60 5.2 seconds
280 BHP (official)
4WD
2.6 Turbo straight 6

Yeah 276 is the limit a Jap car can have from the factory the V Spec Models were tested and everyone that was standard had over 300 bhp LOL

As you said, It might be fast but it's pig ****** ugly.
Not for me. I'll keep saving for the Aston then :)

Too much plastic though for me. Function over form is an Ariel Atom, something like that.

Geordie Mike said:
Too much plastic though for me. Function over form is an Ariel Atom, something like that.

The Atom is something i'd def buy if I could afford a 2nd toy that only came out when the sun is shining ;) Not something we seem to be getting a lot of lately :(

I'd possibly consider a R34 GTi-R V-Spec has my next motor after the Evo. They're just my kinda car, sod all the soft lined Porsches etc. I like my cars to say "move the f*ck outta my way or i'm gonna eat you up!!"

This has got to be the best colour.

R34GTR.jpg

R34GTR_.jpg

Craig :cool:

craigynett said:
move the f*ck outta my way or i'm gonna eat you up!!
I've always looked for the perfect quote to sum up the looks of the GT-R R34 and I think you've pretty much nailed it on the head! Sod your dainty little Ferrari's and Porsches this is what I love, brutal, in-yer-face styleing that looks menacing even when standing still.

Uber-Cool!!!!

Cool cars, i would have to get it in midnight purple. I still prefer the looks of the R33 though.

S3Steve said:
Cool cars, i would have to get it in midnight purple. I still prefer the looks of the R33 though.

R33 is the least like Skyline, R32 and R34 are the daddies, which is why you can pick an R33 for cheap, where as the the R32's are going up in price lol.

RobRS6 said:
Great untill they go wrong................

Erm, same can be said for any performance car ;) Mate of mine bought a low mileage used RS6 a few months ago. He's had nowt but trouble with it.

Anyways, Skylines, as with most Jap cars are pretty reliable. But when you start talking stupidly silly bhp then chances are you're gonna have issues. As any car would whether jap, German, Italian etc

Cool car for me. Not the prettiest car ever made, but devastatingly quick and a technical masterpiece.

craigynett said:
Erm, same can be said for any performance car ;) Mate of mine bought a low mileage used RS6 a few months ago. He's had nowt but trouble with it.

Anyways, Skylines, as with most Jap cars are pretty reliable. But when you start talking stupidly silly bhp then chances are you're gonna have issues. As any car would whether jap, German, Italian etc

Hi Craig,

What I mean is that when they go wrong all the problems start in trying to get hold of parts for them.

When I had a piston break up in mine & the engine had to be rebuilt it took the best part of 6 months before it was back on the road!!!

Anyway here is a couple of pics of my old R33 GTR it was one of the last ones made.

sky_rear.jpg

sky_eng.jpg

I was sad to see it go & wish i could have kept it as a weekend hack car. :yes:
CHeers,

That's a very nice lookin motor ;)

I didn't realize parts were so hard to get for them. How long ago was it you had it? You'd think it'd be easier to get parts these days with the Jap scene taking off as well as it has.

I 1st started wi Jap stuff about 6yrs ago. Bought a humble mk2 CRX VTEC. It had 1 owner, seriously low miles blah blah blah. I had the intention keeping it standard. Atfer 2 weeks I bought alloys, then it needed lowering, then stainless exhaust, then an induction kit :rolleyes:

In the end it was stripped out, NSX brakes, stand alone DTA ECU with full throttle launch, traction etc & hybrid 1.6/1.8VTEC engine with 236bhp. It was seriously quick for a CRX ;) Cost me about £20k in total

craigynett said:
That's a very nice lookin motor ;)

I didn't realize parts were so hard to get for them. How long ago was it you had it? You'd think it'd be easier to get parts these days with the Jap scene taking off as well as it has.

I 1st started wi Jap stuff about 6yrs ago. Bought a humble mk2 CRX VTEC. It had 1 owner, seriously low miles blah blah blah. I had the intention keeping it standard. Atfer 2 weeks I bought alloys, then it needed lowering, then stainless exhaust, then an induction kit :rolleyes:

In the end it was stripped out, NSX brakes, stand alone DTA ECU with full throttle launch, traction etc & hybrid 1.6/1.8VTEC engine with 236bhp. It was seriously quick for a CRX ;) Cost me about £20k in total

Hi Craig,

I got rid of the Slyline at the end of October 2006 - a sad day :sadlike:

I myself had been driving Jap cars since 1998 when I brougt a new Scooby Terzo, then a WRX STi then a P1 (still own the P1 owners club www.p1woc.co.uk) and then lastly the Slyline.

For more pic's & full spec of the Skyline have a look through the following thread:-
http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/46755-some-pics-spec-my-r33-gtr.html See the first two pages for pics.

Cheers,

I WANT ONE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

its top of my "to have" list before I'm too old. amazing piece of engineering

RobRS6 said:
Hi Craig,

What I mean is that when they go wrong all the problems start in trying to get hold of parts for them.

When I had a piston break up in mine & the engine had to be rebuilt it took the best part of 6 months before it was back on the road!!!

Anyway here is a couple of pics of my old R33 GTR it was one of the last ones made.

sky_rear.jpg

sky_eng.jpg

I was sad to see it go & wish i could have kept it as a weekend hack car. :yes:
CHeers,

Is that an RB28 Engine???
:hubbahubba:

mazzy said:
Is that an RB28 Engine???
:hubbahubba:
Hi Mazzy,

I wish it had been.....but alas it was still only an RB26
Still it was making good power in the end 548bhp with 445lbs/ft

Cheers,

RobRS6 said:
Hi Mazzy,

I wish it had been.....but alas it was still only an RB26
Still it was making good power in the end 548bhp with 445lbs/ft

Cheers,

Cool, so you heading to Santapod to bring back some old memories this AUG the 5th....??

Maz

cool but I would replace the wheels with the ones above (Black R33)