Nintendo Wii

Olly_K

Reaction score
got one at the weekend, anyone else have one ?

hooked on boxing at the mo !

yeah, as i dont get any exercise i tend to get quite tired quite quickly !

Olly

My bro in law brought one round to ours on the weekend, with a projector, had it on the wall, and played tennis, was brilliant, the boxing and bowling was really good as well, but it sure does take it out of you....woke up Sunday morning in some serious pain!!!

A friend of mine has one and I'd totally agree about the pains the next day.

She kindly video'd me and my son on the boxing. Very funny :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I got mine from germany a couple of weeks ago. I am now a bowling pro! The boxing kills though, as you say. Talk about arm and back ache the next day! Getting my skill level up quite quick though, and me + the mrs have a laugh with the tennis.
Was a bit dissapointed with Wii Play though- not quite what I was expecting for £40!

As far as consoles go the Wii is so different to anything else out there, its pure genious. But I have seen other games my friend has (names escape me just now) that do seem lacking. But the Sports games are fantastic.

filipharvey said:
I got mine from germany a couple of weeks ago. I am now a bowling pro! The boxing kills though, as you say. Talk about arm and back ache the next day! Getting my skill level up quite quick though, and me + the mrs have a laugh with the tennis.
Was a bit dissapointed with Wii Play though- not quite what I was expecting for £40!

Totally agree on Wii Play, well I mainly bought it for the extra controller.

Love the Wii just waiting for some decent games to start hitting the UK market now

I've got SSX blur, which is a snowboarding game! It's quality :).
If you like the previous SSX games you'll love it. you use the nunchuck for carving and the normal remote for tricks etc. Can't master the uber tricks yet tho. Very intuitive, and highly addictive!

Has anyone got the component cable for it? Does it make a worthy difference on the quality of the graphics? The wii one is about £30 but the '4gamers' one is about £15, just wondering if it is worth getting one?

The tennis game on wii sports is fun - but dangerous if playing doubles, especially as my living room is tiny LOL

If your a golf fan get Tiger Woods!!! Man is that game awesome!!! Graphics aren't that bad and the game play rules!!! Almost like playing real golf!! Can't wait for Tiger Woods 08!! Madden Football is really good too!!! Love the Wii!!!:wub:

yeah i got one, they are brilliant, been playing quite abit of tiger woods 07 getting quite the pro i must say. lol

anyone thinking of getting a wiikey for it? supposed to be alot more money friendly. lol

Had a quick look.

SO baiscally it allows you to play 'foriegn' games? Is this the same thing as DVD's - they have different regions? Didn't think consoles were like that :confused:. Me stupid!

ive got a WiiD chip in mines works flawless! took bout 35mins to install!

Ive backed up my Wii sports and other games. learnt my lesson with my PS2 and xbox games, originals id lent mates always came back with scratches, finger prints! once mate was soo drunk he used it as his beer mat!

i have wii, its great, got sports and the mario striker game, anyone got Mario party yet?

Herby1 said:
yeah i got one, they are brilliant, been playing quite abit of tiger woods 07 getting quite the pro i must say. lol

anyone thinking of getting a wiikey for it? supposed to be alot more money friendly. lol

am puttin wiifree in mine, easy to update

rickparmar said:
am puttin wiifree in mine, easy to update

have you installed it yet? what do you think?

i went with the WiiD cus of support and no clones are available which means i knew i was getting the real deal!

I was addicted to wii sports, thought Play was pretty good but I only rented it. Just bought brain academy and me and the misus can't stop playing!

I've also got Red Steel which is pretty good and Call of duty which is mega but fast moving! Need to get a bigger tv to play it properly.

P.S. Don't get Zenda, it's w@nk

Hi

I bought a wii at the weekend and love the wii sports, got wii play but not that impressed with it, however it does show what the wii can do. Got cars in the pack but bored of it already. Want to get a shootem up type of game, like virtual cop or a war one. Any suggestions?

Also are mario party or zelda any good?

Cheers

Zelda is boring. Not played mario party but the forthcoming super paper mario looks awesome.

Call of duty 3 is good but best on a big tv

Mine's got a wiikey in, I'm not sure I'd be happy without it! I have 30+ games now but I've found the ones that lend themselves to party gaming are the best: mario party, strikers, brain acadamy, warioware smooth moves etc.

Nothing quite compares to PC gaming for single player tho, Bioshock is amazing!

Lets revive an old thread, finally got myself a Nintendo Wii yesterday along with Mariokart game, aint had the time to set it up to have a go though yet.

Jo u traitor....its all about the PS3!!! HAHA...oh well, i guess we cant be friends anymore...

I have 4 Japanese wii's for sale if any one is interested, they need chipping but once done they work like English onesLooking for around £70 each or £250 for all of them. PM me if anyone is interested.

ok ok fair enough....

BS, how much is it to get them chipped, or is this something you can do??

JOJO let me know what Mariokart is like looking at buying it. We got ours a couple of weeks back.

JOJO let me know what Mariokart is like looking at buying it. We got ours a couple of weeks back.

Hey Les, it's the same formula as the old Mariokert games but with better graphics and obviously you use the Wii remote rotating it in mid air for steering. Obviously best played in multi player mode, as it's gets a bit boring playing 1 player, not tried to play over the net Wi-Fi though...

Had my 1st go on Wii other day & its wicked, so hunting one down now, any advice on what kits to get as was gonna get the new black one with the motion plus & the board

Had my 1st go on Wii other day & its wicked, so hunting one down now, any advice on what kits to get as was gonna get the new black one with the motion plus & the board

The black Wii's look really nice, cant really give you any advice on what sort of hardware to buy, my son has the mario kart wii wheel and game which is quite good (even though we argue over whos turn it is to have the wheel lol) and worth a buy.
One thing i really like is the guitar hero games, cant beat standing in front of the tv with it turned up loud pretending your a rock god :thrashi:lol.

wife got me house of the dead overkill with proper gun for game
its ace blowing chunks out of zombies have to keep volume down loads of swearing

Wii Sport Resort is really addictive for table tennis, dog fighting and 100 pin bowling

Wii Sport Resort is really addictive for table tennis, dog fighting and 100 pin bowling

we got the kids this for chrimbo and my 5 year old got a strike on the 100 pin bowling....try as I may I cannot :(