Nine Years

voorhees

Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-43926623

Words fail me on this.
Once again the Law shows it is woefully inadequate.
This pair should have been locked up for years on end.
My sons played for the same club Corey played for and the scene is not a mile away,I have driven past the flowers so many times its awful,I just cannot imagine the suffering of the family after these pair decided to get behind the wheel.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Disgusting. He basically murdered them two children. Years ago my cousin was driving with no insurance or mot. He had a blowout and the car flipped, killing a young lad in the back seat. He got 8 years. Deserved, but a stupid accident. How that incident deserves only a year more is beyond me. He’ll probably be out in five.

Shocking

Wasters like those 2 deserve to be put to death......

They offer nothing to society.

I agree, Nine years isn't enough. Just read the article on BBC before I saw this. He will probably be out in less than 5 years.

I just got warned (yet again) by the mods for using a f with 3 stars after it as inappropriate. All a bit draconian given the major Uk shop with and FC and UK in its name I would have thought.

I just got warned (yet again) by the mods for using a f with 3 stars after it as inappropriate. All a bit draconian given the major Uk shop with and FC and UK in its name I would have thought.
And you are posting on a thread about two young boys being killed by a hit and run driver on drugs !

Maybe you should take some time out

Reactions: Bristle Hound
If I had a £1 for every car that passed me (I walk a lot) from which I caught the smell of cannabis - I'd be well off. And that's living in a country suburb and not a big city :chargrined:

From the article linked:

“Brown had 30 previous convictions for driving without a licence...”

Quite clearly if it wasn’t this, it would be something else later. The red flag was up a while ago if you ask me. Another example of our broken criminal justice system. I also suspect the jail term that we’re all debating here is immaterial. Without a system focused on rehabilitation, this guy will be out and probably commit yet another violent crime.

The problem is, how much is the taxpayer prepared to pay for so called "rehabilitation". I know of a council that back in 2010 was paying £140,000 pa for one 16-year old tearaway to board as some special school down in Devon where they did lots of nice outward bound courses :blink: I would think that several years breaking rocks on a starvation diet of 2,000 calories per day would be better "punishment and rehabilitation".

Reactions: Pinky1959 and voorhees
The problem is, the public don't get a say in paying that £140,000 Outward Bound residential course, they just do what is cosy and right.
The only Outward Bound course this pair of wasters should have got, is the one at Beachy Head, where you get an Outward Bound foot in the jaxi.
The tide will take care of the mess.
And who would care after what they have done.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Sandra and voorhees
I see the sentence is being reviewed as it is deemed too lenient

Reactions: Jake 61
Hi Jase,

His sentence was increased in the end to 10 and a half years.