Nig's S3 + Mods

Nigp007

Reaction score
Alright All

Had my S3 8P for two weeks now and am loving it....

Started of with a a custom remap after 4 days of owning her....Dynotech, Derbyshire Uk - Performance and Tuning Engineers. Rolling road.

Then on Friday went back to have my ITG fitted and another run...

Ended up with 339 bhp.... Well happy with that figure and she truly flies now.....

Fist Vid is just the Map.....

Second Vid is with ITG fitted and a 4 inch cold air feed. Just to add blocking the cold air feed lost me 5 bhp...Kevin the tuner was asked by ITG to do this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats a good result mate all you need now is to go stage 2+ its amazing .

Little update..

Now the snow has gone put my black badges on and some led number plate lights....

Going in on Monday for uprated fuel pump better pads and new Zorst with high flow cats....

Should see some more Ponies....

Then black gloss wheels Job Done.

IMG_0203.jpg

IMG_0206.jpg

Car looking real good there fella - blacking out those white cars does look good...

You might want to hide your number plate when showing the car though - after much cloned car hassles, I can vouch that hiding the plate is well worth it!

:busted_cop: :ohmy: was repeated for quite a while until I changed the plate!

Little update..

Now the snow has gone put my black badges on and some led number plate lights....

Going in on Monday for uprated fuel pump better pads and new Zorst with high flow cats....

Should see some more Ponies....

Then black gloss wheels Job Done.

HI...as below,I'd get those plates blurred out ASAP.

Whatever you do,when thinking about brake pads,do NOT waste your money on EBC pads.

Better to wait and buy a big brake kit than pouring money into things like that.

if blacking out the car i think you should do the mirrors as well personally!

hmm not really sure about this whole not putting your plate on the interweb business - after all, if you're driving around then thousands of ppl could just write down your reg number?

My thoughts aswel mate.

The wing mirrors are on the todo list.

Does anyone know if the normal A3 mirrors are the same as the S3's.

Don't fancy painting mine.

yes. so are the B6/7 A4's and prefacelift C6 A6's apparently

hmm not really sure about this whole not putting your plate on the interweb business - after all, if you're driving around then thousands of ppl could just write down your reg number?

I've taken this off topic, so sorry OP, but for me it isn't about people seeing your car driving around and writing the number down. The Police reckoned mine was cloned on the garage forecourt before I bought it. It was advertised on Auto Trader with the number plate visible, so was really easy for any criminal to do a quick online search & get a number to clone for their nicked motor. Would have been more difficult for them if the plates weren't displayed on the Trader - they'd have had to have waited until another S3 of the same colour drove past & noted the number, which is not as lazy/easy...
It's all up to you really, but I had much time spent discussing cloning with various Police forces over a few months which would have been totally avoided if the garage hadn't displayed the number plate, so it p*ssed me right off!!

Rant over now - get the mirrors blacked fella...

Looks very tidy and you done some good performance mods. Bet your happy with the outcome. The wing mirrors would be a nice finish.
But as other have said i'd block your reg out of the photos. Not for it being clonned but wouldnt suprise me if people search forms for cars to steal.
And there been a threads where members car have been stolen. Once you done the alloys get some photos up

hi nigs...

car looks much better with the black rings.. would defo look into black mirrors too! always finishes off nicely... :yum:

any chance you could do a write up or photo explanation fitting the ducting?? really interested in doing this and still dont understand quite how??:wacko:

hi nigs...

car looks much better with the black rings.. would defo look into black mirrors too! always finishes off nicely... :yum:

any chance you could do a write up or photo explanation fitting the ducting?? really interested in doing this and still dont understand quite how??:wacko:

Ducting is a piece of pi55! You need to get a nice 3 or 4" silicone tube, preferably with smooth walls. Then you remove the plastic trim next to the foglight that sits behind your black mesh trime, route the piping in from there so it feeds the intakr filter in the engine bay. Ive got a jubilee clip holding my pipe to a radiator hose at the top, at the bottom its glued to a metal ring funnel which is sitting next to my foglight, looks quite smart.

Not had problems so far touchwood re water intake, checked it after driving in the rain and after its been pressure washed, top part of the tube stays dry inside. Deffo helps @ high speed.

I've taken this off topic, so sorry OP, but for me it isn't about people seeing your car driving around and writing the number down. The Police reckoned mine was cloned on the garage forecourt before I bought it. It was advertised on Auto Trader with the number plate visible, so was really easy for any criminal to do a quick online search & get a number to clone for their nicked motor. Would have been more difficult for them if the plates weren't displayed on the Trader - they'd have had to have waited until another S3 of the same colour drove past & noted the number, which is not as lazy/easy...
It's all up to you really, but I had much time spent discussing cloning with various Police forces over a few months which would have been totally avoided if the garage hadn't displayed the number plate, so it p*ssed me right off!!

Rant over now - get the mirrors blacked fella...

point noted. back to the topic lol

Mirrors are going black.

I can really tell it needs more fuel in this cold weather.

I understand about the Reg plate. What can you do I go to shows and stuff there's loads of places to get a Reg plate. Thanks thou for your concerns.

Thanks akash_sky1 for that you put it loads better than me.

Ok so another update....

Went in on Monday and had.....

1. Red Stuff Pads
2. Uprated fuel pump internals I could tell it needed this through the mid range.

So picked up the car on Monday afternoon and all was good for about 10 mins. Then had a missfire and an engine warning light came on great....

Had it scanned and cylinder one was at fault so as Audi are **** a servicing just like all main dealers, I ordered 4 plugs and 4 coil packs,it felt like a coil pack so got all 4 just to be safe...

Installed all the above and problem solved the car runs so well now, pulls so hard to the red line...

Then on Wednesday went in for the wheels to be done gloss black. Wing mirrors next then front middle spoiler is going black and rear defuser..

Should have the Zorst by the end of the month and high flow cats... Can't wait for that.

Hope you Enjoy all comments welcome.....

image-1.jpg

image.jpg

looking good!
with the wing mirrors, you getting them pained, wrapped? could be worth picking up some second hand plastic ones off the bay or a breaker incase you want to go back to the metal ones at a later date?

Yep Going black...

Looking at wrapping in gloss black. Also thinking of doing the crome S3 badge black on the rear and front.

Or maybe just debadging it.... I know it's an S3...lol

Quick update.... Aggghhhhhhh that's better to me looks like an S3 and ****** goes like one now I've put my touch on it...

Black wing mirrors vinal wrapped + front middle spoiler also wrapped....

Next will be rear defuser getting painted gloss black...The vinal wouldn't stick to this, at the same time the front spoiler will go gloss black just did the vinal to see really....

Mirrors will stay wrapped to much money to change them....

Enjoy!!!!!!

SAM_1274.jpg

IMO the car's looking better & better Nig. Wheels, mirros, splitter, grille etc all look ****** good against the white.

Got the zorst on yet? Now the coilpacks are all sorted, do you think you feel a real benefit from the HPFP? Deciding whether to get one myself - my tuner guy said not really worth it, but others here seem to highly rate the mod.

Undecided... :think:

No zorst yet the the fuel pump is a hard one.

I've done things half cot before and now with age and wisdom on my side have decided this going to done right.

Have not really noticed any benefits from the fuel pump but got it done asap so can't really say I didn't need it.

All I can say is runs amazing so strong on boost. Really loving pulling up behind a quicker car and keeping with it till the speed limit. Lol.

No zorst yet the the fuel pump is a hard one.

I've done things half cot before and now with age and wisdom on my side have decided this going to done right.

Have not really noticed any benefits from the fuel pump but got it done asap so can't really say I didn't need it.

All I can say is runs amazing so strong on boost. Really loving pulling up behind a quicker car and keeping with it till the speed limit. Lol.

Cool - cheers for that. I guess I need to blag a passenger ride in a stage 2+ car someday & see if it's got much more pull than mine...

Very restrained of you to only follow other cars up to the speed limit! LOL - it's great fun!

Just seeing this thread now - nice S3!

Am I reading it right that you said by adding a 4" cold air feed/pipe, that you lost bhp due to the feed blocking the intake?

No sorry mate. I meant by blocking the cold air feed lost 5 bhp.

Nigs can you explain how to do the ducting? really want to do this myself!!!

Nig

Where did you get hold of the black decals (rings)? Was the front a matter of releasing the prongs and spraying it up?

Let me know

Cheers

Ducting is a piece of pi55! You need to get a nice 3 or 4" silicone tube, preferably with smooth walls. Then you remove the plastic trim next to the foglight that sits behind your black mesh trime, route the piping in from there so it feeds the intakr filter in the engine bay. Ive got a jubilee clip holding my pipe to a radiator hose at the top, at the bottom its glued to a metal ring funnel which is sitting next to my foglight, looks quite smart.

Not had problems so far touchwood re water intake, checked it after driving in the rain and after its been pressure washed, top part of the tube stays dry inside. Deffo helps @ high speed.

Here you go......