Nightmare. Turbo and oil pump knackered

cammy104

Reaction score
Drove the car to football on Saturday was fine and dandy to come back to it 2 hours later go to drive off when the oil pressure light come flashing on my dash along with this awful noise from the engine bay when driving so stopped. Start the engine everything's fine soon as you rev it all the Same symptoms come back.

Its it's been to the garage were he has said that the oil pump is knackered which has starved the turbo of oil running it dry knackering that aswell. I believe that oil pump is connected to the balance shaft which needs replacing aswell.

now trying to whey up my options on what to do next. Replace the parts and hope everything's fine. Could them parts of done any more internal damage? Or get a new engine fitted

Mines a 2.0tdi 2006 DSG 140bhp

any my help or advice would be brilliant

cut you losses and get a new engine , i think the oil pump is around a £1000 fix and not sure on the turbo but i would probably say £1000 on top by the time you have had it all fitted , cleaned out any debris the turbo has spat through the system

it will have done more damage if its starved the turbo although thats normally the first thing to go i would crack the rocker cover and have a look at the cam if thats ok then you are probably fine to keep the engine !

but i would imagine you can change the whole engine cheaper but does not mean it wont have the same oil pump failure ! if its got full main dealer service you may be eligible for a contribution towards the work

replace the parts as long as you havent been revving the ba*7s out of it the bottom end should be fine .

place in sheffield does the repair kits for all the different types ,uprated as well .

they can be converted to run of a chain like the older 1.9 tdis and 1.8ts but i think the parts are about £780 + fitting but dont quote me !

i think if the cam journals are fine then you have got away with just blowing the turbo

68f7b905 a2e8 444b ad59 a71321f001b2 zps39a00ec4

I thought this was only a problem in the Passat and A4/A6 cars with balancer shafts causing the oil pump shaft to wear?