Nice weather, cleaning the car...

S32B

Reaction score
So what's on your 3 for 2 Halfords list?

Got these earlier:

Hal

I just tried some of the ultimate compound on a soft MF and went over a bird poo clear scab that I've had on my rear bumper for a couple of months and it came off easily! All the other stuff I have/tried didn't budge it :)

I've got a week off in a few weeks time, so will use the Gold class as a lube to clay the car with a G3 mitt (worked well last time), then use the DA with the compound before polishing it all up again :)

Reactions: Sandra, pburv, jungle650 and 4 others

Got these earlier:

View attachment 90202

I just tried some of the ultimate compound on a soft MF and went over a bird poo clear scab that I've had on my rear bumper for a couple of months and it came off easily! All the other stuff I have/tried didn't budge it :)

I've got a week off in a few weeks time, so will use the Gold class as a lube to clay the car with a G3 mitt (worked well last time), then use the DA with the compound before polishing it all up again :)

Well I've got the quick detailer and the tyre slik and don't really need the compound so probably won't be partaking! That Meguiars quick detailer is pretty good stuff and a piece of p**s to use.

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
That's a lot of tyre slick!

The G3 clay mitt is very good in the 3 for 2!

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
20160505 175603
Not from halfords but the first part of my £300 detailing spend arrived

The Korren microfibers are really nice and edgeless :)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mr.G, pburv, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
I wouldn't have bought the QD. The G3 mitt dipped in a high concentration of soapy water works just as well, if not better than the QD. If you are using it as a wipe down after you are finished everything then fine, but not as a lube.

Reactions: pburv and Jassyo06
View attachment 90213 Not from halfords but the first part of my £300 detailing spend arrived

The Korren microfibers are really nice and edgeless :)

Can't go wrong with the wheel woolies. Large fits the back wheels of S3 perfect, needs the medium for the fronts though.

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68 and Jassyo06
Yeah it should last a while :) The car gets done most weeks so for the money...

I wouldn't have bought the QD. The G3 mitt dipped in a high concentration of soapy water works just as well, if not better than the QD. If you are using it as a wipe down after you are finished everything then fine, but not as a lube.
lol tbh the last time I did it I used both a double cap of Autoglym body shampoo and the QD :D I was a bit worried about scratching it as I'd only had the car 2 month and I'd never used the clay before :) Still had plenty of the QD left over as a once over after a normal wash and was impressed with it ;)

Reactions: pburv, Scottyg, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
Can't go wrong with the wheel woolies. Large fits the back wheels of S3 perfect, needs the medium for the fronts though.

I can't wait to use them, I've been using a blue Kent one and it fell to bits in a few washes

Just noticed my amazing spelling of "Korean" oh well it's Friday :D

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68 and Jassyo06

Got these earlier:

View attachment 90202

Yeah that is a lot of tyre Slik...lol never seen outwith a aerosol can....how much is the 5 litre bottle?

Reactions: Rob2k68
lt does'nt get good reviews though,be nice to hear how S32B gets on with it,l use it all the time in aerosol form,its outstanding and hard to beat for the finish that is,l dont shop at Halfords anymore, they are too expensive for whats on offer,and limited for choice on things like wash mitts and cloths etc,etc

@jassyo06 its been Auto Expresses Best Buy tyre sheen for about 4 years or more, they love it. I've gone back too it after being with Megs EG for years. I now tend to spray the Tyre Silk on and give it a wipe round with a MF loaded with MEG. Works a treat and lasts ages.

Reactions: Jassyo06
@jassyo06 its been Auto Expresses Best Buy tyre sheen for about 4 years or more, they love it. I've gone back too it after being with Megs EG for years. I now tend to spray the Tyre Silk on and give it a wipe round with a MF loaded with MEG. Works a treat and lasts ages.

Will give that a go Scott...had a full bottle of Megs...left it in the hut for a good while,its now spilled out onto the floor....so thats a shiney/slippery hut floor..lol

Reactions: Scottyg

Got these earlier:

View attachment 90202

Dont mind a bit of Meguiars myself. It always smells nice as well!

Im quite partial to a little bit of this as a quick instant detailer...

The only think with the wash n wax mixes is it can get everywhere if the spray is the slightest bit blocked or positioned wrong. I've chucked two bottles of the turtle wax one as it just sprays over everything. A better mist spray would help it.

l will stick with me Gyeon/Gtechniq kit,l started so l will finish with it...same with me next car.no swirl marks after 14 months so..says a lot

Yeah that is a lot of tyre Slik...lol never seen outwith a aerosol can....how much is the 5 litre bottle?
£13.49

Think all three came to around £24.

Reactions: Scottyg and Jassyo06
Round 2 arrived

ddc9a441f7667b1711ea1d5570e6e9f9.jpg

Reactions: AllBlack-All7, Scottyg, Rob2k68 and 2 others
I can't wait to use them, I've been using a blue Kent one and it fell to bits in a few washes

Just noticed my amazing spelling of "Korean" oh well it's Friday :D

These will last years, no falling apart at all after one year of use. The wee brush is just fine for getting behind the calipers too.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and OliS3
The only think with the wash n wax mixes is it can get everywhere if the spray is the slightest bit blocked or positioned wrong. I've chucked two bottles of the turtle wax one as it just sprays over everything. A better mist spray would help it.

The meguiars one here is a strange consistancy in that its not like a water spray so doesnt get everywhere. Its like a soft gel like feel. Very nice to work with and worth a sneeky go if you have never used it.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Scottyg
Dont spray Dragons Breath on yer wheel hubs mate...it will accerlerate there rust over night
I thought it was just the same as ironx under a different brand? I haven't had any issues with ironx

Reactions: Rob2k68
I drove over to my usual suppliers in the week to get some auto finesse citrus pre-wash, zainos shampoo and whatever rapid detailer they might have. When I arrived, they were having building work done and couldn't sell me anything, so I diverted to the nearest Halfords and was pleasantly surprised to find the 3 for 2 offer. I came out with 2 bottles of AG rapid detailer and a large bottle of AG shampoo conditioner. I love the rapid detailer so was pleased to find that and I have always used the shampoo conditioner before I tried the zainos (which is excellent by the way) so I didn't mind getting some more, particularly as part of a 3 for 2 deal. Shampood and detailed the car today and it's out there gleaming on the drive!

Reactions: Rob2k68 and pburv
I thought it was just the same as ironx under a different brand? I haven't had any issues with ironx

The paint on the rear hubs is sub micro thin,if you spray dragons breath on them it will begin to corrode,also don't let the external rubber door surrounds get in contact with it either as it will discolour them leaving them looking grey,paint work only,l also preferred lron X to this stuff as it seemed to work better

Reactions: Rob2k68 and pburv
Contemplating AG's EGP, and need to get some wax to replace the simoniz paste!

Has anyone used the EPG? Or am I better off with CQuartz or similar?

Contemplating AG's EGP, and need to get some wax to replace the simoniz paste!

Has anyone used the EPG? Or am I better off with CQuartz or similar?

EPG....EGP...... What's it to be....lol try autoglym hidef wax.... Quarts coating you would also to clean/cleanse all of the paintwork to remove all products that have been applied previously

Cleaned mine at 7.30 this morning. Wife thought I was nuts. Best time as now the sun is out and beaming hot.

Reactions: Scottyg and Simon L
To tell you the truth,, I use Shampoo most of the time. You should also give it a try. Shampoo and water make a very good partnership.

EPG....EGP...... What's it to be....lol try autoglym hidef wax.... Quarts coating you would also to clean/cleanse all of the paintwork to remove all products that have been applied previously

I got a G3 clay mitt and some SRP with my last 3 for 2, not against getting that out! I'm guessing you'd recommend Gtechnic?

I got a G3 clay mitt and some SRP with my last 3 for 2, not against getting that out! I'm guessing you'd recommend Gtechnic?

Think yer a bit too late for that mate...yer car needs to uber product free,and the only way to do that is by a pro...ceramic coatings are really only for new cars...

Reactions: Simon L and Max-Robbo
I've applied some of the Carplan Tyre Slik, I used a brush and I think it gives it a better finish....not too shiny either:

Front
Rear

Reactions: Daveotto, Jassyo06, Scottyg and 2 others
Added some more CarPro Reloaded today. First time I've touched my car myself in 7 weeks. Only a QD wipe down and the Reload added. Paint work is now silky smooth again. Also put the CarPlan Tyre Silk on. Not too bad for a cripple.

View attachment 92420 Added some more CarPro Reloaded today. First time I've touched my car myself in 7 weeks. Only a QD wipe down and the Reload added. Paint work is now silky smooth again. Also put the CarPlan Tyre Silk on. Not too bad for a cripple.
What's reloaded about mate... Like C2v3?

It's a sealant but 'loaded' with silica. It's meant to top up CquartzUK but I'm going to wait till the next new car to use it. Not fit enough to clay it, correct and strip it back to apply it. The reload is very like Gyeon Cure that you use. Very hydrophobic.

The G3 clay mitt is very good in the 3 for 2!
I got one of them clay mitts to do daughter and sons cars and didn't rate at all. I mustn't have used enough lube maybe because it left some proper stubborn marks, looked and felt like bits of the actual clay had smeared and stuck to paintwork. Never happened when i used a bar so I'm not giving the mitt my thumb up, I'll not use again.