NHNs fitment of my FBMFSW and RNSE to my A3 8P

TAC

Reaction score
Right after several delays due to our arctic conditions I finaly made it to NHNs to get the wheel installed and the RNSE. Result!!!!

Rare photo of Nigel hard at work! lol... Removing the standard wheel....
15zmkgh.jpg

Old wheel off
2rqj4ef.jpg

New wheel on and fitted, all in all about 10 minutes....
dlqex1.jpg

Now comes the RNSE, old stereo out! Right now for the RNSE, adaptor fitted now lets go find those mic wires!!!!!!

w99z7k.jpg

Now to get the SDS working.....Some clever boffin at Audi decided that it would be a good idea to have 2 different green wires and two different black wires coming from the bluetooth box and then hide one set within a sealed black cable, after lots of investigation scratching of heads and a cup of tea the correct wires were eventually discovered, the fox that is Nigel, was nearly out foxed by those boffins at Audi!!!!! But seriously who would run two sets of wires the same colour from the same box!!!!

Wires splayed and connected RNSE in whoooo....:yahoo: now for coding...
2ymdpnc.jpg

All done working dead chuffed..
hu1u2b.jpg

Big thank you to Nigel, a true gent, great job. Nigel is officially the man!!!:thumbsup:

Now off to work out how to transfer i-tunes onto an SD card!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Nigel is the man, I'm glad you got there in the end I know you waited about 2 months for that! Look how much better your dash board looks now!

Yea....He might be working...but he is still lying down :laugh:

Looks excellent TAC.....i cruise next ?

Cheers for that Paddy, Yeah dead chuffed with it all. I-cruise?? new to me I assume this is an I-pod interface?

Cheers
Tom

My absolute pleasure Tom, also a real gent & very patient, those damn mic wires, I mean who the hell has same colour wires on same connector, ****** audi, but eventually sussed it, thank god after one hell of a day yesterday on Smudge Don's A3.

Overall though was a good result, just have to reposition that poxy gps antenna now huh Tom, was fine here wasnt it mate, typical, oh well guess RNS casing is shielding it some, but we'll get it sorted out.

Thats not Nigel, he only wears sandals when doing car mods!

After yesterday with Jordans A3 of hell, I had to keep warm today mate, so sandals were taking the day of, which they do deserve a holiday for once, although have them back on now, lmfao

Nigel is the man, I'm glad you got there in the end I know you waited about 2 months for that! Look how much better your dash board looks now!

Yes very patient trusting chap, but worth the wait for the look & use of the upgrades now, love that wheel man.

After the weekend I've had I think I'm entitled to lay down mate, lol, whole body was cramping yesterday doing jordans motor, he can write that fecker up, talk about Christine the devil car, lol, nah nice car just some mofo seized bolts & shot brakes, few other difficult things but overcome, albeit with pain all good now though.

It was Nigels one from his motor.

It was indeed.

Last edited:
Cheers for that Paddy, Yeah dead chuffed with it all. I-cruise?? new to me I assume this is an I-pod interface?

Cheers
Tom

No i mean cruise control but i cant spell :yes:

No i mean cruise control but i cant spell :yes:

Oh... It is on the list of other mods to do... need to start saving the pennies though have new pads to put on then haldex oil to get changed followed in 4k by a service followed by a european jaunt at easter to the ring and then to stelvio pass in the swiss alps then back up via monaco and france so other mods on the back burner till the summer!!!!!!

I cant imagine there is a gaping whole in your dash.............

I believe there is a temporarily a whole however he was mentioning what he had planned for it!!!!!

Yeah somewhere to sit the kid in august

Now you put it that way, baby seat will have to suffice the little one.