Next model A3

Yeah I'm pretty sure we have seen those images a few pages back in this thread.

The exterior is not too bad, but I don't like the bronze alloys lifted from the A1.
If you go for the S Line A1 currently I believe they are the only choice :blink:
Again I cannot believe that, as this massively limits the potential buyers as gash alloys would be a sale stopper for me.
So to have one option only which is a marmite colour ... astonishing !

So if an A1 S Line with extras is £30k .. what will an A3 be ?

Reactions: NevMan

The exterior is not too bad, but I don't like the bronze alloys lifted from the A1.
If you go for the S Line A1 currently I believe they are the only choice :blink:
Again I cannot believe that, as this massively limits the potential buyers as gash alloys would be a sale stopper for me.

I quite liked the colour / alloys
Definitely be not far off late £30k starting which is crazy

Not seen it on this thread yet. Might have been the A1 you saw. Its pretty similar but I'm prob wrong though!!

Not sure if i like the front. Seems to end too soon, too abrupt. The front lower section if the lights that goes down is also too wide for my liking. Would have prefered a thinner downwards angle. Rear is nice. Anthracite might be a nice colour for those alloys.

This is apparently the next gen A3

a1d3ecad95e4733c73f9713b30394e4e.png

87c328ac7e5c0a06788751d126170445.png

I actually quite like it. But might also look at the next gen A1 which is almost A3 size anyway:

I thought we had seen it before - back in September :icon thumright:

Reactions: Ormesome
Ah very true! your right...my bad!! :whistle2:

I wonder how that interior impression stacks up against the latest pics? if its accurate at all...

Yeah I wonder too. I am very interested to see the 'final thing' when Audi do release official photos.

Yeah I wonder too. I am very interested to see the 'final thing' when Audi do release official photos.

You best go and grab a Fully loaded new facelift car mate get a cracking discount as well

Reactions: KenL, NevMan, Pook and 2 others
You best go and grab a Fully loaded new facelift car mate get a cracking discount as well

You know what mate ... if I was seriously looking to change my car, I think I would consider a loaded run out facelift for sure.
Looks great inside and out & I am not convinced we are going to be saying the same about the new platform.
Like you mentioned, I spotted all the fake vents on the bodywork too (also on the face lift TT) and just don't like them.
The more I see, the less I am drawn to a new A3 based on what we have seen to date.
At this rate I will be keeping my current car indefinitely lol :laughing:

Reactions: Jassyo06
When I was at the dealers once, a sales guy I was chatting to said a lot of them started retracting on the wonk. Not sure if there’s any truth in that though, as mine has been a paragon of reliability and I’m not aware of anyone here or elsewhere who’s had a duff retractable screen.
I had mine changed in the 3rd year as it was starting to make a spring 'twanging' noise in operation so I had it changed before it failed completely & it has gone v.slightly on the wonk a couple of times since (only by a couple of degrees tbh). I'm not a fan of touchscreens either seeing the oily mess my phone screen can become after a limited amount of usage so my ocd as to cleanliness within my car would go off of the scale lol. & the number of potholes around where I live at least you can grip the heater knob & turn as appropriate whereas who knows where your finger would end up on a touchscreen (going for the recirc button & end up selecting radio one instead lol)

Yea I can’t imagine it isn’t going to look like this, basically just identical to the A1 and Q3. It’s nice but makes me even more glad I got my facelift, it hasn’t exactly reinvented the wheel, the current facelift is going to look current for a long time yet.

You know what mate ... if I was seriously looking to change my car, I think I would consider a loaded run out facelift for sure.
Looks great inside and out & I am not convinced we are going to be saying the same about the new platform.
Like you mentioned, I spotted all the fake vents on the bodywork too (also on the face lift TT) and just don't like them.
The more I see, the less I am drawn to a new A3 based on what we have seen to date.
At this rate I will be keeping my current car indefinitely lol :laughing:
Too late you promised it to @q5man ;)

TX.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and NevMan
They look like typical car mag Photoshop images.

When anyone says "our exclusive images" that is code for we made them up!

Regarding the pricing. Remember years ago. The UK always paid more for their cars then pretty much anywhere else on the planet.

There was a strong campaign mainly led by Quentin Wilson for car manufacturers to lower their prices. Car supermarkets popped up where they were buying UK spec cars from Europe at much cheaper prices, and selling them here undercutting main dealers, The car manufacturers brought UK car prices more in line with the rest of Europe.

But in the last say 5 years, car prices have rose very very quickly. Now, it'd be interesting to see if the same price rises have been across the board in other countries. I would guess not. I think with the UK, car manufacturers know we like to replace our cars every 2-3 years. They know that UK consumers are willing to pay top Dollar (Pound) to get their next shiny car.

I say it's a mixture of car manufactures trying to make the UK more profitable for them (like the good old days) and the UK's current obsession with PCP deals. With PCP people don't care what the sticker price is. All they care about is "How much a month mate" will their next car be. To extract an extra £25, £50, £100 a month out of the consumer, the initial sticker price of the car needs to rise to allow the monthly payments to rise.

Those (me) who hate the idea of PCP and prefer to buy cars outright, are getting priced out of the market, as how many people have £40-£60k sat in their bank account waiting to buy an S3 or RS3? Not many. So those who are being priced out of `buying outright` are being forced down the PCP route. The more people take out PCP deals, the more car prices will rise, so in 2 years, you can buy a newer car (maybe same car / same spec) as the one you have now. But as the Balloon payment is more than half the original car's value, you are forced back into another PCP deal. Manufactures know most people don't want to step backwards, so will either stick to the same car, or upgrade. Those sticking to the same car, manufacturers don't want you spending the same monthly as the current car. So by raising the RRP of the cars, your next S3, from your current S3 is `JUST` another £50 a month.

And so it'll continue until the next financial bubble bursts. UK car re-possession is at an all time high. People are defaulting on their PCP deals, as what initially looked affordable while being sat in the dealership, soon becomes a struggle once you start adding fuel, tax, insurance, tyres etc.

Same thing happened with mortgages. At some point it's going to go pop. Just a matter of when?

Without PCP car prices wouldn't be so high as they currently are. But with PCP average Joe can now be driving an S3 rather than a Focus.

That's my take on the price rises anyway.

Do you not think the fact that a pound currently buys 1.12 Euros whereas in the past it was generally in range 1.2 to 1.45 has anything to do with it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They look like typical car mag Photoshop images.
Do you not think the fact that a pound currently buys 1.12 Euros whereas in the past it was generally in range 1.2 to 1.45 has anything to do with it?

"The exact styling of the 2019 Audi A3 Sportback is a closely guarded secret but this image – created by carwow’s in-house car designer – gives you a pretty good idea what you can expect"

Yup!

Surely by that logic then, when the exchange rate changes more favourable to the UK consumer, Audi, BMW etc, will be slashing the RRP prices? I think not.

It's just like the oil giants, there is any excuse to raise prices, but very little excuse to lower them. If Audi can consistently keep raising prices little by little, and the consumer still keeps buying, then they'll continue to keep raising the price. They are out to make as much profit as possible.

Surely by that logic then, when the exchange rate changes more favourable to the UK consumer, Audi, BMW etc, will be slashing the RRP prices? I think not.

It's just like the oil giants, there is any excuse to raise prices, but very little excuse to lower them. If Audi can consistently keep raising prices little by little, and the consumer still keeps buying, then they'll continue to keep raising the price. They are out to make as much profit as possible.

Yep with you on this. To be honest, no one knows how the pound will look but i would assume that it will plummet a little towards maybe the 1.05 mark when (if) Brexit actually happens! The night before the Brexit vote it was at 1.45. I remember it well as I had saved pounds for just that occasion! silly me!! I would assume that prices will continue to rise, especially in a no vote scenario, but having said this, the UK does have cheap prices due to the vibrant economy so it might just bring the prices up to the same level as the EU. It could all lead to a market slow down and to us all having our cars for longer than normal.

Yep with you on this. To be honest, no one knows how the pound will look but i would assume that it will plummet a little towards maybe the 1.05 mark when (if) Brexit actually happens! The night before the Brexit vote it was at 1.45. I remember it well as I had saved pounds for just that occasion! silly me!! I would assume that prices will continue to rise, especially in a no vote scenario, but having said this, the UK does have cheap prices due to the vibrant economy so it might just bring the prices up to the same level as the EU. It could all lead to a market slow down and to us all having our cars for longer than normal.
Exchange rates are always variable and of course market driven. Some "experts" said the £ was over valued anyway before 2016 so was always coming down. Good for tourism etc though!

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

If the UK leaves on WTO rules, which is what I think we should do, given we voted to leave. Tarriffs on good coming from the UK will only apply if the UK government chooses to implement them.

If we do leave on WTO, the first of June 2019 will be just the same as the world was on 1st January 2000, Nothing changed. All scaremongering.

Reactions: Terminator x and Pook
There are some 'personal' plates in Germany but the first letter/s indicate where you live. For example B = Berlin F = Frankfurt M=Munich. When I was driving in Germany a couple of years ago, on the autobahn near Stuttgart, I saw a Porsche with the plate S:EX 66. Not I assume a standard issue plate!

Reactions: Ormesome and Paul finch
Can’t believe I’m saying this but ....

Audi could take some design cues from this ‘Toyota’ and even the interior looks pretty cool:

I know it’s totally different to an S3 or RS3 but it looks interesting / fresh / cool ... inside & out ... it grabbed my attention ! ... I would like to be saying that about the next gen platform Audi with excitement instead of concern.

Reactions: TYb

Audi could take some design cues from this ‘Toyota’ and even the interior looks pretty cool:

I know it’s totally different to an S3 or RS3 but it looks interesting / fresh / cool ... inside & out ... it grabbed my attention ! ... I would like to be saying that about the next gen platform Audi with excitement instead of concern.

Lol and it's a re-skinned BMW Z4 but with a fixed roof.. . £53K Plus . .. Er... .... Nah

Reactions: Kondax
The original Supra WAS a cool car though :yes:

Reactions: NevMan
Does this float your boats then ?

Just been watching the latest season of Ray Donovan & really liked the car he drives in this tv show ....

4.2 litre V8 twin turbo 550 bhp

Did you see the prototype though, makes the production car look like an ugly sister!

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: wab172uk