Next model A3

I still think the Merc looks VERY sharp on the outside :icon thumright:

As noted above, I would need to see the inside first hand to make a true judgement on that.

Reactions: TYb
Merc interiors look like someone bought some cheap Android tablets off eBay to make the dash then made the air vents out of some cheap blingy fake chrome-effect plastic. They look a mess in my opinion. Something not out of place in a Toyota or something. Certainly not an interior worthy of the badge, and not a patch on the quality of Audi’s interiors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Daveotto and TYb
Yeah...very odd....Merc wont pass on the activation code without the lease co's authorization and they wont authorize !

'not supported' seems to be a common response for most of the wizardry that the A Class now has....he may end up rejecting it

Merc interiors look like someone bought some cheap Android tablets off eBay to make the dash then made the air vents out of some cheap blingy fake chrome-effect plastic. They look a mess in my opinion. Something not out of place in a Toyota or something. Certainly not an interior worthy of the badge, and not a patch on the quality of Audi’s interiors.

I’m surprised the screens aren’t more intergrated rather than stuck on.

The air vent on the A3 face lift aren’t much better to be fair, feel quite cheap and flimsy.

Yeah...very odd....Merc wont pass on the activation code without the lease co's authorization and they wont authorize !

'not supported' seems to be a common response for most of the wizardry that the A Class now has....he may end up rejecting it
That is odd

I’m surprised the screens aren’t more intergrated rather than stuck on.

The air vent on the A3 face lift aren’t much better to be fair, feel quite cheap and flimsy.

I speak as the owner of a PFL A3. Can’t vouch for the post-dieselgate austerity version lol.

Well lets hope Audi don't screw up the new A3 when it comes out as some of those early interior photos make the Merc interior look high class.
Not a fan of this angular v-tech & vent mess at all :blink:

87c328ac7e5c0a06788751d126170445.png

Well lets hope Audi don't screw up the new A3 when it comes out as some of those early interior photos make the Merc interior look high class.
Not a fan of this angular v-tech & vent mess at all :blink:

87c328ac7e5c0a06788751d126170445.png

Better than this, surely!?

4d1347f429d8532d7b9d65e0b635e1fc.jpg

Reactions: NevMan
Better than this, surely!?

4d1347f429d8532d7b9d65e0b635e1fc.jpg

Hmm I think they are both as bad as each other. Merc is just bolted on, Audi integrated but so many different shapes being used, not consistent at all.

They only reason I’d get either is if there are silly deals on them at the time.

Reactions: Pook
This BMW new 3 series looks pretty damn good....and I am usually not a BMW fan.

2019-BMW-3-Series-31.jpg

Reactions: TYb, KenL and S3LOK
I agree ....

The Merc is as bad as the Audi & the BMW does look the neatest & classiest.

Reactions: KenL
This BMW new 3 series looks pretty damn good....and I am usually not a BMW fan.

2019-BMW-3-Series-31.jpg

Looks smart doesn’t, embraced the new tech but not a drastic change. The interior of facelift 1/2 series isn’t bad at all now either.

Looks smart doesn’t, embraced the new tech but not a drastic change. The interior of facelift 1/2 series isn’t bad at all now either.
Hasn't BMW always embraced the tech though.. iDrive seems very good and even the very old versions seemed good at the time in my opinion - though I was young so can't compare to other cars, but my dad worked for BMW when I was a kid hence I was always sat in a BMW.

Reactions: Bells and TYb
Hasn't BMW always embraced the tech though.. iDrive seems very good and even the very old versions seemed good at the time in my opinion - though I was young so can't compare to other cars, but my dad worked for BMW when I was a kid hence I was always sat in a BMW.

I meant in terms of having VC and a central screen but have managed to make it look like it was always there rather than the In your face like the Merc and Audi versions.

Reactions: Flying Scotsman, Snake Pliskin and oli356
I meant in terms of having VC and a central screen but have managed to make it look like it was always there rather than the In your face like the Merc and Audi versions.
Gotcha, and well yeah, BMWs were good at that even 10 years ago ... though in the recent cars I think they do look a bit more stuck on. From the pics above though i prefer the Audi over the Merc at least!

Upload 2018 10 12 20 56 28

Reactions: NevMan and TYb
New 2019 A1 is configurable on Audi UK site now.

Attachments

• d2de90d3f4c05a6b12c90ddc1515ce0d.png
    d2de90d3f4c05a6b12c90ddc1515ce0d.png
    532.7 KB · Views: 229
Just had a quick look. Unless I'm missing something it is only the 1.0tfsi on there so far. Probably the one I would go for anyway.

I wonder if they are delaying the others due to new emissions testing.

Just had a quick look. Unless I'm missing something it is only the 1.0tfsi on there so far. Probably the one I would go for anyway.

I wonder if they are delaying the others due to new emissions testing.

Probably exactly the reason.

New 2019 A1 is configurable on Audi UK site now.

Poor colours, strange wheel choices, an interior that makes a Stealth bomber look curvy - and well over £20k for a 1.0 TFSI with anything like a decent spec!
They'll have to be offering some fantastic discounts to shift many of these.

Reactions: loftylad, KenL, Kayobong and 2 others
Christ, you have to spec a space saver as well as a jack and tool kit! Just shy of £29,500 and that’s not going overboard, be interesting to see how the S1 will be priced!

Reactions: loftylad
Poor colours, strange wheel choices, an interior that makes a Stealth bomber look curvy - and well over £20k for a 1.0 TFSI with anything like a decent spec!
They'll have to be offering some fantastic discounts to shift many of these.
Christ, you have to spec a space saver as well as a jack and tool kit! Just shy of £29,500 and that’s not going overboard, be interesting to see how the S1 will be priced!

Definitely surprised with the price, doesn't look as good as it did in press pics imo. Interesting to see even S Line has manual handbrake.

Reactions: Pook, NevMan and Kondax
Definitely surprised with the price, doesn't look as good as it did in press pics imo. Interesting to see even S Line has manual handbrake.

“Manual handbrake” what the **** is one of those?

Reactions: oli356, Kayobong and Tom.H

A manual handbrake is a plus in my book!

Reactions: Kayobong, NevMan and Twizzler
Specced one up and came to £28K

For an A1 !? No thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kondax, NevMan and loftylad
Meh. SEAT Leon Cupra anyone?

Meh. SEAT Leon Cupra anyone?

Definitely on the list. Test drove a 280 before choosing the GTI but again was won over by the slightly plusher interior of the golf.

Who do you think is picking up the bill for this WLTP fiasco? Yup, us loyal Audi customers.

Audi Europe sales down 56% in September, 22% down globally. They've had **** all to sell for the last 6 months because of their incompetence and lack of foresight.

This WLTP ***** didn't appear out of the blue by a stork overnight!

Its all ok though, because they'll recoup all of their losses by hiking all prices across all models. Happy days.:whistle2:

Reactions: KenL and NevMan
Specced one up and came to £28K

For an A1 !? No thanks

Exterior looks good in red with black contrast roof but we’re talking GTI money for a 1 litre A1, crazy.

Audi really are taking the Michael charging additional for space savers, air con, armrest etc in a car of this price range.

Once this PCP is up I really can’t see buying new from Audi again.

Reactions: KenL, NevMan and Tom.H
A manual handbrake is a plus in my book!

Ah, one of those old school comments. Apart from doing handbrake turns, which I doubt you do given the above, what exactly is a plus of a manual handbrake?

Reactions: oli356 and Kayobong
Who do you think is picking up the bill for this WLTP fiasco? Yup, us loyal Audi customers.

Audi Europe sales down 56% in September, 22% down globally. They've had **** all to sell for the last 6 months because of their incompetence and lack of foresight.

This WLTP ***** didn't appear out of the blue by a stork overnight!

Its all ok though, because they'll recoup all of their losses by hiking all prices across all models. Happy days.:whistle2:

I’ll be voting with my feet. Next purchase likely to be from Bavaria if I honest

Reactions: Bells and TYb
My bro has just got a brand new Mini Cooper S with a fair few options for around £29k, so when you look at the price for the 1.0 A1 it looks even more daft! Now I know Audi may be more ‘prestige’ but what exactly does that mean nowadays?! The Mini is probably built just as well.

The Mini also came with a manual handbrake

Ah, one of those old school comments. Apart from doing handbrake turns, which I doubt you do given the above, what exactly is a plus of a manual handbrake?
Once you have electronic you'd never go back! Then with hill hold even more so!

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Pook and loftylad
I’ll be voting with my feet. Next purchase likely to be from Bavaria if I honest

I'm part of the problem!
I'd love to tell Audi to ram their order up their ****. I'm looking down the barrel of a 8 month plus wait which is ludicrous, but there's absolutely nothing else that I want! Quite a specific spec and so cant buy slightly used as there's none!

I’m going 2nd hand for next purchase,1 of the below;

Boxster S 987
BMW 335d Tourer X drive
Nissan Navarra or Mitsubishi L200

Budget 15 - 20k max

I should really go with the pick up or xdrive for the country lanes and dog but I have an itch for the 3.4s.

Definitely on the list. Test drove a 280 before choosing the GTI but again was won over by the slightly plusher interior of the golf.

Yes the interior is pretty much all that Audi has going for it these days (versus SEAT/VW alternatives), but there’s a bit of cost cutting going on with those too - particularly A1/A3/Q2 class. SEAT really need to sort out the bulbous steering wheel and the trapezoidal dash and they have a winning formula. I’m also looking at the GTI as I’ve mentioned before. It has the advantage of some really appealing lease deals too (as opposed to PCP) - another thing you don’t get with Audi.

Seeing how much this new A1 is costing for pretty basic spec I'm really hoping the new A3 is not ludicrously priced.

Seeing how much this new A1 is costing for pretty basic spec I'm really hoping the new A3 is not ludicrously priced.

Like-for-like spec it will be whatever the equivalent A1 is, plus 15%.

Reactions: Kayobong
Yes the interior is pretty much all that Audi has going for it these days (versus SEAT/VW alternatives), but there’s a bit of cost cutting going on with those too - particularly A1/A3/Q2 class. SEAT really need to sort out the bulbous steering wheel and the trapezoidal dash and they have a winning formula. I’m also looking at the GTI as I’ve mentioned before. It has the advantage of some really appealing lease deals too (as opposed to PCP) - another thing you don’t get with Audi.

I love my GTI. If my PCP deal wasn’t ending then I might be tempted to keep it but I have the itch for a new car every three years. Thought about leasing myself but I’m unsure about modifying leased cars and I’m always going to be doing bits to my cars.