Next model A3

All those images are on dull days so hard to get an accurate fix on the colour (and the last one in sun is abit blurry).

And the net as noted does not appear to be too accurate.

is this it ? ........

ascari ...

Ascari

I like it.

Looks very modern :icon thumright:

Reactions: Weeb
ascari ...

View attachment 159973

I like it.

Looks very modern :icon thumright:
Yer easily pleased mate lol Ascari Blue is was only available on the RS7 performance, RS6 performance and RSQ3 performance all where introduced in 2016, classy but a tinge boring like most Audi paints, didn't even know the A4 facelift was to get it , obviously to increase interest in the model line up
Ps any colour looks good in rs7/rs6

Reactions: NevMan
Yer easily pleased mate lol Ascari Blue is was only available on the RS7 performance, RS6 performance and RSQ3 performance all where introduced in 2016, classy but a tinge boring like most Audi paints, didn't even know the A4 facelift was to get it , obviously to increase interest in the model line up

Nice, but yes LOVE all RS’s

I think it’s just a case of hey it’s not black, white or grey as is usually the case with 90% of the Audi colours.

RS7 is my dream Audi ... if I had enough cash & a garage wide enough to take it lol !
I was parked next to one at Silverstone, looked amazing ... in Nardo too ;)

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: jungle650, Snake Pliskin and NevMan
Turbo blue very unlike Audi to name a paint colour this and paint renders make any colour look good

Considering that Audi would call a color Racing Mica, I wouldn't be too surprised if they do in fact call it Turbo Blue like many articles have said.

You are certainly right about renders making it look great, so that's why it would be very interesting to see real-life shots of it.

Considering that Audi would call a color Racing Mica, I wouldn't be too surprised if they do in fact call it Turbo Blue like many articles have said.

You are certainly right about renders making it look great, so that's why it would be very interesting to see real-life shots of it.
Balls.... turbo blue etc etc... you came out with guff like this before the facelift and none of it came to fruition

I was parked next to one at Silverstone, looked amazing ... in Nardo too ;)

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

All these nardo's .... Audi must be saving £££££'s on all these primer paint jobs & skipping the top coats lol ;) :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: oli356, Jassyo06, Lehn and 2 others
https://www.carsguide.com.au/car-news/audi-a4-2019-revealed-69607

Well, that's the color that numerous articles and magazines have quoted (new Turbo Blue color).

I don't understand why you are saying I came out with stuff like this before the facelift...I never did...weird...
Oh yes you did on the original face lift still ahead of the curve thread, you really have the hots for any blue Audi .... Bordering on obsession for blue Audi's and if Audi name a paint Turbo blue well it's not the norm, as for Racing Mica Blue... This colour was used on Audi track cars during the 90s just like Jaguar used British racing green on there racing cars in the 50s. The word Mica is short for ceramic as its ceramic particles used in paint mix and not metallic.... .so bit of history behind racing mica blue and unlike Turbo Blue which sounds like it belongs on Chavvy VX corsa

Oh yes you did on the original face lift still ahead of the curve thread, you really have the hots for any blue Audi .... Bordering on obsession for blue Audi's and if Audi name a paint Turbo blue well it's not the norm, as for Racing Mica Blue... This colour was used on Audi track cars during the 90s just like Jaguar used British racing green on there racing cars in the 50s. The word Mica is short for ceramic as its ceramic particles used in paint mix and not metallic.... .so bit of history behind racing mica blue and unlike Turbo Blue which sounds like it belongs on Chavvy VX corsa

I must be getting old, I totally have no clue that I have posted anything like that...

Lol, aren't you obsessed with Blue Audi's as well, given how both of your PFL and FL are both blue...?

As long as the blue looks good, I don't mind if they call it Turbo Lag Blue... lol

This colour was used on Audi track cars during the 90s just like Jaguar used British racing green on there racing cars in the 50s. The word Mica is short for ceramic as its ceramic particles used in paint mix and not metallic.... .so bit of history behind racing mica blue ..... he knoooowwss too maach

Reactions: NevMan and Jassyo06
Turbo Lag Blue... lol[/QUOTE]..ha I like it

Reactions: NevMan and Jassyo06
Apparently 'Turbo Blue' will be available on the A4 S-line 'Competition' (so a new addition to the trim line up) ...of course these early reports do refer a great deal to India so could turn out to be anything....(Vindaloo Blue?!)

Reactions: Jassyo06
Apparently 'Turbo Blue' will be available on the A4 S-line 'Competition' (so a new addition to the trim line up) ...of course these early reports do refer a great deal to India so could turn out to be anything....(Vindaloo Blue?!)
Whilst we are on the A4 face-lift l know fact the so called competition pack is for NA etc etc ie our black Madras edition lol

Reactions: moonlight
It's all PR mate.. . . Building interest
£45,000 for a 400 ps A3 is mad but that has the RS..... marketing hype behind it... Hype that's all it is mate IMHO

Yeah I can't see it happening either.
Doesn't stack up at all does it.
Audi S3 at 300 bhp or whatever it will be and then a Golf R at 400 bhp.
That would throw the branding out completely.

I suppose it also depends on what the likes of Merc and BM do, as they all compete and are often very close around the numbers.

Maybe they will use the RS3 engine :icon thumright:

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Yeah I can't see it happening either.
Doesn't stack up at all does it.
Audi S3 at 300 bhp or whatever it will be and then a Golf R at 400 bhp.
That would throw the branding out completely.
Unless may be there was a Golf RS to compete with the RS3. But doubt that’ll happen.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and NevMan
Last night I had decided to order a TTRS roadster at next opportunity, now I think maybe not with other interesting stuff coming...

For me, the next S3 & Golf R will be identical again. So maybe 320-340bhp.

Then if VW want to create a Golf RS3 rival, then no doubt that'll be the Golf R-400, or Golf RS.

I think there is definitely scope for a "hotter" golf. My next car will be smaller but faster, so will see what is available in 2020'ish from the usual suspects Audi, VW, BMW (sorry, just can't see myself in any Merc)

I've had a few cars now and I must admit the RS3 sportback is the best car I've ever had and puts ticks in all the boxes.
Yes its an RS and that puts a tick in the excitement / sound / occasion box but everything else would apply to an S3 sportback too.
having always favoured coupe's in the past such as the TT and an S5, the 5 door sportback is a revelation.

The small front doors are great for car parks and my garage.
The hatch offers amazing practicality.
The cars proportions are perfect - not too big, not too small - and again goes in my garage a treat whereas the S5 was just a touch wide so had to be careful.
The rear seats and doors are great for when other people are in the car or I need to throw a coat / gym bag / shopping in there.
For what it is its relatively economical.
The performance is easily enough for UK roads to provide excitement and safe overtaking when needed.
I love the Audi styling and the interior is top quality.

I can't see me veering away from a 5 door hatch now.
So yes the next gen S3 sportback is solidly at the top of my anticipated next car list :icon thumright:

Reactions: Jimbob76, TYb, Jcbmally and 2 others
I've had a few cars now and I must admit the RS3 sportback is the best car I've ever had and puts ticks in all the boxes.
Yes its an RS and that puts a tick in the excitement / sound / occasion box but everything else would apply to an S3 sportback too.
having always favoured coupe's in the past such as the TT and an S5, the 5 door sportback is a revelation.

The small front doors are great for car parks and my garage.
The hatch offers amazing practicality.
The cars proportions are perfect - not too big, not too small - and again goes in my garage a treat whereas the S5 was just a touch wide so had to be careful.
The rear seats and doors are great for when other people are in the car or I need to throw a coat / gym bag / shopping in there.
For what it is its relatively economical.
The performance is easily enough for UK roads to provide excitement and safe overtaking when needed.
I love the Audi styling and the interior is top quality.

I can't see me veering away from a 5 door hatch now.
So yes the next gen S3 sportback is solidly at the top of my anticipated next car list :icon thumright:

Would LOVE to get a RS next, but like you eyes firmly on S3 next...let’s see

Would LOVE to get a RS next, but like you eyes firmly on S3 next...let’s see

I just think the next RS3 will be cost prohibitive.
The next S3 will be a step up in cost from the current model no doubt anyway.
Don't think I will be able to financially justify another RS3.
Glad I got an RS when I did and can say I had one, but I am confident the next gen S3 should be an excellent car.
It will just be the soundtrack I will miss.

Glad I got an RS when I did and can say I had one, but I am confident the next gen S3 should be an excellent car.

The current one is cost prohibitive, or I would be in one

I will see what the next 18 months + brings, but would love to scratch the RS itch, but if not, at least S.

Funny enough my new Q5 went in a week or so after I got it as they hadn’t done a few things as part of handover like fill up, fit a bumper protector etc, and was given the Managers new S3 for the day, what a blast. Myself, wife and boys loved it.

Can honestly say if I had test driven one when thinking about swapping from A6 avant, I probably would have bought one. We don’t need a massive car.

Problem with the current S3 now is that it's easy to spec it to £47k. Prices have shot up in recent years, so now a basic Saloon / Sportback is nudging £38k. Add some essential extra's and you are looking nearer £43-45k. That's a lot of dosh for an A3, and it's not even the RS car.

So the next S3 will no doubt start around £40k. Silly money. Then the next RS3 will start around £50k

For me, the S3 and cars in that segment / power etc should be around £30-35k with essential options ticked.

Reactions: Rolly12 and Snake Pliskin
I agree, but it is an across the board thing with manufacturers all banking on those of us taking out PCP's with big GFV/Balloons, and being "less" worried about bottom line, and more about monthlies. Obviously the road tax changes has made some be careful about spec and hitting the £40k limit, but not so all of us. I get myself into a new car every 2-3 years, ensuring monthlies are manageable. I have a £40+ Q5 costing me under £350 p/m, so figure I could do the same with a S3 or similar in a couple years time. That is impossible with RS, unless I put down probably £15k+ deposit which I am not going to do.

Reactions: Jcbmally

Hey Moonlight..here's ya answer lol
Upload 2018 7 12 14 42 8

Reactions: Jassyo06
For those who aren't to keen on the A class dash.

The C class dash looks better and less "bolt on" ...

Reactions: TYb
Audi S3 with 5pot detuned to 335bhp same as SQ3?

That would be no use at all actually a step backwards, far heavier engine even if it where the new aluminium block
My bet would be a 320 bhp engine with more torque and a lighter car maybe 25kg less than the current car