Next model A3

Wasn’t there supposed to be an A3 lift-back? Maybe that will be one of the new variants.

Reactions: pburv
After all this there will be obviously a HUGE drive for sales etc, but it will be catch twenty two for them. Discount to get the sale but will have to sell loads to put a small dent in lost revenue ?? reel in the discount and hope we will all go nuts and buy one, but risky and could lose sales ?? or I am talking utter bullocks and millions of cars will sell because we will all believe we deserve a new car after this. Feel sorry for the guys and dolls who are on commission sales, plus its a thankless job IMO. I couldn't be a salesperson and put up with twats like me, I'd get sacked on day one.
I pretty much said this over a week ago....New A3 launch ...There will be discounts sooner than normal after a new car launch...Goes without saying.....The economy is going to take longer to recover after the virus has been and gone...I would love a new car but after this crisis is over funds are going to be very tight. Either way I hope it's over soon.:blink:

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Jcbmally
If this is the new model and I believe it is, already a 18% discount:
Screenshot 20200321 181354 Chrome

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/audi-plots-a3-liftback-coupé-take-mercedes-cla

This is just the first page I found on it, I’ve seen quite a few sites talk about it in the build up to the new A3

Don't think Audi need to introduce a so Called "Liftback model" just to compete with what Mercedes/BMW have done with the A Class Coupe/2 series....coupe...which is another niche model/market....smaller sales higher prices,hence end of the TT,the Sportback and the Saloon are enough.
l think Audi already know the new car is going to be the best in class...that aside it's mostly folks on this Forum that have jumped ship that are it's worst critics but that's forums for ya....latest Exclusive colour to pop into my Handsome head of late is San Marino Blue...Short list is growing....lol

Reactions: wab172uk, pburv and Kayobong
San Marino blue looks good in pics though never seen it in the flesh. Seems to resemble Sepang but without the purple tint.

Reactions: pburv and Jassyo06
San Marino blue looks good in pics though never seen it in the flesh. Seems to resemble Sepang but without the purple tint.

2 years ago BMW done a load of the 4 series in San Marino Blue....very popular but
DSC 0186
only ever seen it once on a Audi

Attachments

• Messaging1518971545043.jpg
    Messaging1518971545043.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 272
Reactions: pburv, Bells, NevMan and 3 others
SMB is a stunning colour :sign yum:

That S3 would easily pass as Navarra Blue all day long!

Similar in photos but not when viewed in the metal but differences aint worth the extra coin if i am honest...and Navarra aint on the new A3's optional paint list yet

I know the M2/3/4 were quite marmite initially but I really like the stance and bonnet lines.
Personally I think the BMW M Car exteriors look great (bar the new 1 series :puke2:) interiors and RWD are the let down for me.

l think Audi already know the new car is going to be the best in class...that aside it's mostly folks on this Forum that have jumped ship that are it's worst critics but that's forums for ya....

mate ... I’m not sure if you make comments like this tongue in cheek or if you’re serious ?

To say Audi ‘know’ it’s going to be best in class is a ridiculous claim ... none of us have even seen it first hand and until then you have to reserve judgement.

Its hardly breaking new ground on the outside and the interior is a radical departure from typical Audi styling with a very unusual layout.

From what I’ve seen, it looks ok and I may consider an RS at some point but that’s because I like Audi’s ... but that doesn’t make it best in class. I ain’t giving Audi that accolade as a given like you appear to be, for me they need to earn it.

So take the blinkers off mate ... go in with an open mind and don’t roll over and give Audi an easy sale ... if we all did that, they’ll get sloppy and drop quality further and that’s not beneficial to any of us.

I jumped ship but that was down to loving the Merc - for me they have upped their game immensely - and if Audi want me back, they will need to do the same. Whilst I really like Audi as a brand I ain’t giving them my money unless I really desire one of their cars again ... & sorry the new A3 /S3 is not doing it for me. So if I’m a critic, yes I am, but that is based on what I’ve seen so far. I made a considered decision that there are certain elements of the car which are not doing it for me namely - very similar exterior & an interior which isn’t giving me the wow factor.

Reactions: RustyTheSnowman, KenL and NevMan
mate ... I’m not sure if you make comments like this tongue in cheek or if you’re serious ?

To say Audi ‘know’ it’s going to be best in class is a ridiculous claim ... none of us have even seen it first hand and until then you have to reserve judgement.

Its hardly breaking new ground on the outside and the interior is a radical departure from typical Audi styling with a very unusual layout.

From what I’ve seen, it looks ok and I may consider an RS at some point but that’s because I like Audi’s ... but that doesn’t make it best in class. I ain’t giving Audi that accolade as a given like you appear to be, for me they need to earn it.

So take the blinkers off mate ... go in with an open mind and don’t roll over and give Audi an easy sale ... if we all did that, they’ll get sloppy and drop quality further and that’s not beneficial to any of us.

I jumped ship but that was down to loving the Merc - for me they have upped their game immensely - and if Audi want me back, they will need to do the same. Whilst I really like Audi as a brand I ain’t giving them my money unless I really desire one of their cars again ... & sorry the new A3 /S3 is not doing it for me. So if I’m a critic, yes I am, but that is based on what I’ve seen so far. I made a considered decision that there are certain elements of the car which are not doing it for me namely - very similar exterior & an interior which isn’t giving me the wow factor.

So your advice to me is to go and buy a Merc A class or a BMW 1/2 series....and not a Audi.....never gonna happen mate we could debate this point forever you slating the Audi and vice versa....The Audi looks great even on videos so it'll be even better looking in the metal ....l like the styling of the new A3 a lot. l also like the options Audi have available to the buyer...light design front and rear,panoramic roof design which does open and tilts,far more variation in colour choice and yes l am including the Exclusive ones as well...all cars are a compromise....but some are more than others, 330 bhp is another attraction,l dont want a slower car than my current car...neither do l want over 400 bhp because of my yearly running costs...The initial cost of a car l buy comes secondary to the running costs hence l chose a S3 which was well into the Rs3 price bracket last time around and hopefully I'll do the same when that time comes around again ...blah de blah de blah.....de blah lol

So your advice to me is to go and buy a Merc A class or a BMW 1/2 series....and not a Audi.....never gonna happen mate we could debate this point forever you slating the Audi and vice versa....The Audi looks great even on videos so it'll be even better looking in the metal ....l like the styling of the new A3 a lot. l also like the options Audi have available to the buyer...light design front and rear,panoramic roof design which does open and tilts,far more variation in colour choice and yes l am including the Exclusive ones as well...all cars are a compromise....but some are more than others, 330 bhp is another attraction,l dont want a slower car than my current car...neither do l want over 400 bhp because of my yearly running costs...The initial cost of a car l buy comes secondary to the running costs hence l chose a S3 which was well into the Rs3 price bracket last time around and hopefully I'll do the same when that time comes around again ...blah de blah de blah.....de blah lol

That’s a more reasoned argument mate :icon thumright:

Reactions: NevMan
Personally I think the BMW M Car exteriors look great (bar the new 1 series :puke2:) interiors and RWD are the let down for me.

M’s now going AWD...M5, X3M, M8 etc. New M3/4 to follow at some point, and likely M2

Reactions: Bells and Snake Pliskin
M’s now going AWD...M5, X3M, M8 etc. New M3/4 to follow at some point, and likely M2
That is true although based on the styling of their new models I’ll still be disappointed, have you seen the size of the grills on the new 4 series :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Bryant1998 and Snake Pliskin
Haha, was just about to post. 394bhp, so down on A45s

I do wonder how they arrive at these figures ... why 394 bhp ... could they not eek out at least 400 bhp ?

Even though it’s only 6 bhp more ... 400 bhp sounds so much better than 394 doesn’t it.

That is some deficit over the mighty Merc A45s though @ 421 bhp isn’t it :whistle2:

Reactions: NevMan
I do wonder how they arrive at these figures ... why 394 bhp ... could they not eek out at least 400 bhp ?

Even though it’s only 6 bhp more ... 400 bhp sounds so much better than 394 doesn’t it.

That is some deficit over the mighty Merc A45s though @ 421 bhp isn’t it :whistle2:

Believe what want...Audi smoked the last A45 with power outputs and will do the same again this time around enjoy yer 15 minutes of fame whilst you can mate besides it's not all about carwow drag races.... whistle.......

I think 394 hp is 400ps.

I think 394 hp is 400ps.
Correct...ish lol
If you want to be completely accurate, multiply the PS figure by 0.9864 to reach the bhp total, or bhp by 1.0139 to get back to PS.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and KenL
Ha!
Being pedantic the reciprocal (multiplicative inverse) of 1.0139 is actually 0.986290... , so 0.9863 to 4 d.p.

Reactions: pburv and Jassyo06
Ha!
Being pedantic the reciprocal (multiplicative inverse) of 1.0139 is actually 0.986290... , so 0.9863 to 4 d.p.
My brain has started to hurt.:hopelessness: lol

Reactions: Jassyo06
Ha!

Side effects of Cabin Fever setting in already l see lol

Reactions: KenL and Bryant1998
Side effects of Cabin Fever setting in already l see lol

I’m on my 2nd week of working from home, together with my fiancé who also works for the same company. COVID is going to take one of us but more than likely via a blunt instrument...

Shouldn’t complain too much, at least we can work.

Reactions: pburv, Bells, Chris.D and 2 others
There's a lot you don't know I have or have not.............You may be right about my brain though..:friends:
Mine's is going to pulp mate stuck in this house lol so now l have Disney + TV, Apple TV, Netflix, Prime Video,.....its Star Wars binge fest today, tomorrow a Marvel binge fest....anyway it is what it is...

Mine's is going to pulp mate stuck in this house lol so now l have Disney + TV, Apple TV, Netflix, Prime Video,.....its Star Wars binge fest today, tomorrow a Marvel binge fest....anyway it is what it is...
Yep..Perfect timing for Disney+....It's gonna get some serious workout from myself and my boy Sam.:scared2:
I have been sent home until the boss sorts out social distancing in the workplace..
Glad I ain't working with this car detailing business:whistle2:
Most-people-crammed-in-a-Smart-car-Glendale-Cheerleading-Team_tcm25-432009.jpg
Covid 19 Nirvana lol

Reactions: Jassyo06