Next model A3

I can't see the next S3 and Golf R being 340 bhp to 400 bhp ... otherwise the RS3 would need to be close to 550 bhp lol !

I recklon we might see a modest 20 bhp increase maximum taking them to circa 320 bhp.

I also think the Merc A35 will be comparible to the S3 & Golf R in terms of performance statistics ... it may be lighter or include a mile elec motor, but either way I am sure it will match the Golf R and Audi S3 for performance ... if it wants to successfully compete anyway.

Reactions: NevMan
I can't see the next S3 and Golf R being 340 bhp to 400 bhp ... otherwise the RS3 would need to be close to 550 bhp lol !

I recklon we might see a modest 20 bhp increase maximum taking them to circa 320 bhp.

I also think the Merc A35 will be comparible to the S3 & Golf R in terms of performance statistics ... it may be lighter or include a mile elec motor, but either way I am sure it will match the Golf R and Audi S3 for performance ... if it wants to successfully compete anyway.
The 48v system adds weight to the car ie the New A7 is heavier than the old one due the battery and it only powers the peripheral electrical systems, it doesn't improve performance

Same as this^. Was thinking about waiting for the all new A3 but I love the current 8V so I thought why not. Only slight difference with me is I’m going from a PFL A3 to a FL S3 so I am getting a reasonable change out of it.

I'm going from a MG3 to a FL S3, gonna be a huge difference and will take a bit if adjusting I think.

Reactions: NevMan, Jassyo06, Ron240 and 1 other person
The 48v system adds weight to the car ie the New A7 is heavier than the old one due the battery and it only powers the peripheral electrical systems, it doesn't improve performance

I'm thinking more along the lines of say the Golf GTE.
That only uses a 1.4 litre petrol engine but combined with the electric motor gives excellent performance (for what it is).
The electric engine on its own only ha s a range of approx 30 miles, but when combined with the petrol engine the performance is enhanced.
I think the same type of modest electrical power could be enough to slightly enhance the performance of the next S3 / Golf R / A35 ... maybe !

For information 0 to 62 mph times ...

Golf GTE 7.6 seconds (1.4 litre petrol engine)
Golf GTD 7.5 seconds (2.0 litre dirty diesel lol)
Golf GTi 6.4 seconds (2.0 litre petrol engine)

I think the GTE's performance is very impressive when compared to the GTD and GTi.
Things get even more impressive when you compare the MPG figures which are quite incredible for the GTE ...

Golf GTE combined mpg: 166mpg :wtf:
Golf GTD combined mpg: 59 mpg
Golf GTi combined mpg: 44 mpg

Anyway ......

Just saying, if Audi were to apply some of this type of hybrid tech to the next S3 then we could see a jump in power and possibly even better mpg :icon thumright:

Reactions: Martinbanshee and NevMan
To be honest l am mostly a passenger in all the new BMW's lately, they just seem to be improving constantly inside and out, was even in the i8 recently View attachment 159129
I think the i8 is in my top 20 list of ugliest cars ever made.....can’t believe BMW let this get signed off.

Reactions: NevMan and TYb
I think the i8 is in my top 20 list of ugliest cars ever made.....can’t believe BMW let this get signed off.
Wish l could afford a car at that price? l don't think they're ugly at all, just different mate

Wish l could afford a car at that price? l don't think they're ugly at all, just different mate

I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder but it’s not for me, not that I could afford it.

It’s obviously a technical success but I could never be excited by it. So many of them where I live, they hardly make a noise even under load and when they are parked next to Jags, Aston’s, Porches etc they just look silly.

I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder but it’s not for me, not that I could afford it.

It’s obviously a technical success but I could never be excited by it. So many of them where I live, they hardly make a noise even under load and when they are parked next to Jags, Aston’s, Porches etc they just look silly.
Must be a well off part of the country where you live Astons, Porsche and jags *** and anyway l just posted it coz my son had for the weekend a few back and now all the haters are oot on a i8 witch hunt lol calm it girls

Reactions: TYb
Must be a well off part of the country where you live Astons, Porsche and jags *** and anyway l just posted it coz my son had for the weekend a few back and now all the haters are oot on a i8 witch hunt lol calm it girls

Haha I’m not a hater just struggle to like it aesthetically. That did sound a bit a knobby but Cheltenham is full of excotic cars especially when the sun is shining.

Reactions: Jassyo06

It's a decent car, especially performance wise. It does sound pretty good as well when using the petrol side of it - isn't the best looking car no but it's not bad.

I'd have to be a bit more flash though and get something properly noisy, V8, V10 or something along those lines lol

Reactions: Jassyo06 and TYb
Haha I’m not a hater just struggle to like it aesthetically. That did sound a bit a knobby but Cheltenham is full of excotic cars especially when the sun is shining.

They are rare as hens teeth round my way mate, l suppose Cheltenham is a bit like London etc etc, again l wouldn't have one either, a R8 all day long ...

Reactions: MattSedg, Tom.H and NevMan
Do You just come here to..... Post down memory lane..... Nobody is asking you to change your 4 year car.. .mate but again why show interest on the all new A3....

Well said @jasso06, think he needs a memory lane/non-Audi pocket rocket thread elsewhere lol

I'm thinking more along the lines of say the Golf GTE.
That only uses a 1.4 litre petrol engine but combined with the electric motor gives excellent performance (for what it is).
The electric engine on its own only ha s a range of approx 30 miles, but when combined with the petrol engine the performance is enhanced.
I think the same type of modest electrical power could be enough to slightly enhance the performance of the next S3 / Golf R / A35 ... maybe !

For information 0 to 62 mph times ...

Golf GTE 7.6 seconds (1.4 litre petrol engine)
Golf GTD 7.5 seconds (2.0 litre dirty diesel lol)
Golf GTi 6.4 seconds (2.0 litre petrol engine)

I think the GTE's performance is very impressive when compared to the GTD and GTi.
Things get even more impressive when you compare the MPG figures which are quite incredible for the GTE ...

Anyway ......

Just saying, if Audi were to apply some of this type of hybrid tech to the next S3 then we could see a jump in power and possibly even better mpg :icon thumright:

I think you might be right @Snake Pliskin, definitely going to go more hybrid, if only to satisfy WTLP. I gather you have seen MY19 S3 dropping a few bhp, but probably easiest option to satisfy ahead on next generation A3/S3.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
They are rare as hens teeth round my way mate, l suppose Cheltenham is a bit like London etc etc, again l wouldn't have one either, a R8 all day long ...
Lovely town but everything is way over priced and full of flash Harry’s. Good call on the R8. I would love an Aston for the looks and noise.

Anyway ......

Go and borrow a GTE from a dealer. If you can get with 100mpg of the claimed 166mpg, I'll buy you one.

Reactions: NevMan, TYb and Snake Pliskin
Go and borrow a GTE from a dealer. If you can get with 100mpg of the claimed 166mpg, I'll buy you one.

Ha ha ... no car actually realises it’s quoted mpg but even if the GTE is pro-rata with the other cars in terms of real world 2.5 times better mpg then that is pretty impressive.

Ha - Cheltenham is nothing like London thank god, though it does have some nice areas it has plent more sh*t holes - the BMW dealership in cheltenham is amazing, worth a visit just for the cafe, Audi Cheltenham on the other hand, worst dealership I have been in..

Reactions: NevMan and Jassyo06
Ha - Cheltenham is nothing like London thank god, though it does have some nice areas it has plent more sh*t holes - the BMW dealership in cheltenham is amazing, worth a visit just for the cafe, Audi Cheltenham on the other hand, worst dealership I have been in..

I’ve not been in there yet, agree with Blade Audi, their service is shocking, I use Swindon Inchcape instead.

Reactions: JDHOWELLS
I’ve not been in there yet, agree with Blade Audi, their service is shocking, I use Swindon Inchcape instead.

I used both Tetbury and Bristol.. may give Swindon a go when upgrade is due, shame Chelt is so poor as its so close :(

RE the BMW centre, you should go for a visit, its like a really posh shopping centre, lots of glass, and lots of fancy cars and bikes.. my parents are always finding reasons to take their car in to them just for somewhere nice to hang out :)

Reactions: TYb and Jassyo06
I used both Tetbury and Bristol.. may give Swindon a go when upgrade is due, shame Chelt is so poor as its so close :(

RE the BMW centre, you should go for a visit, its like a really posh shopping centre, lots of glass, and lots of fancy cars and bikes.. my parents are always finding reasons to take their car in to them just for somewhere nice to hang out :)

I will definitely pop in when this ones up. I don’t intend to pcp again but it’s a good excuse to have a nose.

Swindon are really good, they’ve always beaten new car quotes. I think tetbury is inchcape also.

Agree, nice place, but plenty cr*p areas. BMW/Mini in cheltenham is amazing, got the wife’s JCW there.

Bought a couple cars from Audi a few years back but they have really gone downhill, hence I now use Tetbury, who I find top notch as far as dealers go.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and JDHOWELLS

Try Tetbury, Mike Hewitt the General Sales Manager is top notch

I will definitely pop in when this ones up. I don’t intend to pcp again but it’s a good excuse to have a nose.

Swindon are really good, they’ve always beaten new car quotes. I think tetbury is inchcape also.

Yes, Tetbury is Inchcape

Yes, Tetbury is Inchcape

I did try tetbury, and they had no problem giving me an s3 for a days unaccompanied test.. but after we sorted a price and I then shopped around I never heard from them again.. I felt a little like they didn’t want my money.. nicer when the dealership chases you a little, so they lost a sale!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan
You can't tell us you'd have an R8 without saying what colour it would be!

I did try tetbury, and they had no problem giving me an s3 for a days unaccompanied test.. but after we sorted a price and I then shopped around I never heard from them again.. I felt a little like they didn’t want my money.. nicer when the dealership chases you a little, so they lost a sale!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sadly that happens a lot doesn’t it, but I suppose I have been lucky with them and have used for a few cars. A number of my mates and work colleagues have got cars from them, as they beat Swindon and Bristol. That said it does depend who you deal with or rather are they near targets. Tetbury do shift a lot of cars

Reactions: TYb and JDHOWELLS
Think the A3 might get the detuned 5pot destined for the new SQ3?

I see the facelift A4 is going to have ascari blue as a colour option.

That is a great blue and might be offered on the A3 platform soon then :icon thumright:

Ascari

Reactions: Bells, VWNCC and NevMan
I see the facelift A4 is going to have ascari blue as a colour option.

That is a great blue and might be offered on the A3 platform soon then :icon thumright:

View attachment 159742

This new Turbo Blue color does look great. I wonder how it looks like in real life, as they have only released renders so far...Need real-life photos...

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
This new Turbo Blue color does look great. I wonder how it looks like in real life, as they have only released renders so far...Need real-life photos...
Turbo blue very unlike Audi to name a paint colour this and paint renders make any colour look good

Having now perused a gazillion images...looks to be one of those colours...especially blues where it appears different according to the conditions ...bit murky or not as murky lol

Upload 2018 7 9 14 31 37
Upload 2018 7 9 14 32 22
Upload 2018 7 9 14 33 59