Next model A3

And from official launch to actual cars on the road, we're looking at at least 6 months. So maybe everyone car order for September delivery?

I think September deliveries should be realistic but that is still 6 months away.
The new A3/S3 just feels like its taking ages to come.

So far not a fan of the new MK8 GTI.

Me niether ... VW nailed it with the Mark 7, as did Audi with the 8v.

These new models coming through are pretty uninspiring compared to the outgoing models IMO.

Reactions: Terminator x, Bryant1998, Kayobong and 2 others

These new models coming through are pretty uninspiring compared to the outgoing models IMO.

Totally agree the mk 7 and 8v are hard to beat . I've just been in Leeds Mercedes as we were passing through to have a look at the A45s they had two in stock one white and the other was black both non aero pack cars just how I'd have one didn't test drive as we had the kids with us as we have been on a day out . Very impressed and they look a lot better in person the seats are very firm but hold you in place really well and look top notch and the whole cabin felt really high end . Gonna wait now and see what the new S3 looks like .

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Totally agree the mk 7 and 8v are hard to beat . I've just been in Leeds Mercedes as we were passing through to have a look at the A45s they had two in stock one white and the other was black both non aero pack cars just how I'd have one didn't test drive as we had the kids with us as we have been on a day out . Very impressed and they look a lot better in person the seats are very firm but hold you in place really well and look top notch and the whole cabin felt really high end . Gonna wait now and see what the new S3 looks like .

totally agree with all that mate :icon thumright:

Reactions: Mr Freeze
Screenshot 20200227 170326 Chrome
Not the most attractive car

According to What Car...the new Golf R is getting 329bhp and a newer 4 wheel drive system and it also mentioned a 350 Bhp variant as well both arriving next year...so doubtful the new S3 will be available to buy this year.....
Screenshot 20200227 165621 Chrome

Lol l never saw the above posts silly me
Besides 329 bhp in the next S3 saloon....might ignite my interest in new cars again coz everything that's come out in the last year....is dreadful to mildly interesting...at best

Reactions: Nige Smith, Sparks43, Flying Scotsman and 1 other person
Having recently changed from an A3 to a Q3 it will be interesting to see how close the interior in particular the new A3 is to the Q3

The all new S3 sportback will be a looker definitely
Especially in saloon guise.......I'd be cancelling that white Mercedes if it where me lol

Reactions: pburv
The all new S3 sportback will be a looker definitely
Especially in saloon guise.......I'd be cancelling that white Mercedes if it where me lol

Ha Ha ... I'm not convinced on that mate but as long as you are that's all that counts lol - the exterior is not overly different from the current model (perhaps not a bad thing considering what VW have done to the Golf) but that interior is just gash and with the reviewers saying the quality has dropped on the interior too, there are far too many negatives for me. I've been loyal with Audi for 12 years but the new S3/RS3 is just not doing it for me. The Merc had caught my eye for a while but then seeing one first hand just amazed me how they had advanced from the old A Class and it was like stepping into a new Audi. Everything just looked and felt right. The cabin is incredible and the materials are very high end and premium. I'm afraid you can keep your funny angled interior of the new Audi mate :)

I just can't get my head around this at all - its all over the place .....

audi-q3-sportback-2020-dashboard.jpg

9d88ff93ac2aa5b40f74f82818fb2744.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: pburv and Jcbmally
Geneva motor show has been cancelled! Gutted as I had tickets... wonder how they will unveil the A3 now?!

Geneva motor show has been cancelled! Gutted as I had tickets... wonder how they will unveil the A3 now?!
Just seen that on McLaren faceache page.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ormesome

So far not a fan of the new MK8 GTI.

Those Alloys belong on the EV model. Talk about rubbish wheel design?

The whole car looks boring and bland from the outside. Cheap and nasty on the inside. It's like VW want to put you off buying one. Not for me.

Reactions: pburv and Kayobong
Those Alloys belong on the EV model. Talk about rubbish wheel design?

The whole car looks boring and bland from the outside. Cheap and nasty on the inside. It's like VW want to put you off buying one. Not for me.

The Gti as taken a massive step backwards in the looks department compared to the Mk7
hope the golf R fairs a lot better in the looks department or I can see a lot of people jumping ship to a different brand .

Reactions: pburv, Snake Pliskin and Kayobong
Ha Ha ... I'm not convinced on that mate but as long as you are that's all that counts lol - the exterior is not overly different from the current model (perhaps not a bad thing considering what VW have done to the Golf) but that interior is just gash and with the reviewers saying the quality has dropped on the interior too, there are far too many negatives for me. I've been loyal with Audi for 12 years but the new S3/RS3 is just not doing it for me. The Merc had caught my eye for a while but then seeing one first hand just amazed me how they had advanced from the old A Class and it was like stepping into a new Audi. Everything just looked and felt right. The cabin is incredible and the materials are very high end and premium. I'm afraid you can keep your funny angled interior of the new Audi mate :)

Already thinking about what exclusive paint colour to get My S3 saloon in mate....ie one that Audi wont steal/copy either lol

Ps Fred & Barneys Daily driver to work was better designed inside than the last A Class.....ergo lol

Reactions: Jcbmally, pburv and Bryant1998
Already thinking about what exclusive paint colour to get My S3 saloon in mate....ie one that Audi wont steal/copy either lol

Ps Fred & Barneys Daily driver to work was better designed inside than the last A Class.....ergo lol

Good luck to you pal if you can’t see beyond an Audi S3. Go get another one & you can fiddle with that gash dash until your hearts content ... Audi will gladly take your money again :moneybag:

I totally agree on the last A class ... it was shizer !

But the current model is a quantum leap on all fronts ... all imo of course :icon thumright:

Reactions: Jcbmally, pburv, Mr Freeze and 1 other person
Good luck to you pal if you can’t see beyond an Audi S3. Go get another one & you can fiddle with that gash dash until your hearts content ... Audi will gladly take your money again :moneybag:

I totally agree on the last A class ... it was shizer !

But the current model is a quantum leap on all fronts ... all imo of course :icon thumright:

Question.... mate have you had a bump to yer heed in the last few months,Symptoms feeling dizzy at times,blurred vision,making RASH DECISIONS....it's known as Concussion.....

Reactions: Jcbmally, pburv and Snake Pliskin
Question.... mate have you had a bump to yer heed in the last few months,Symptoms feeling dizzy at times,blurred vision,making RASH DECISIONS....it's known as Concussion.....

Pmsl :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Jcbmally and pburv
I'm so glad I bit the bullet and bought last year instead of waiting for the new model. I made the jump and bought as I wanted to avoid more Tech stuff that I would not use, and whilst I could get to live with the new outside that interior is so ugly. What are Audi thinking of, it is a mess.

Colin

Reactions: Jcbmally, pburv, John Pilkington and 1 other person

How about an Audi classic blue and not hard to keep looking great... Nogaro Blue...better than Ara or Sepang IMO

Audi-exclusive-RS3-sedan-nogaro-blue-283.jpg

Reactions: Jcbmally and Jassyo06
I'm so glad I bit the bullet and bought last year instead of waiting for the new model. I made the jump and bought as I wanted to avoid more Tech stuff that I would not use, and whilst I could get to live with the new outside that interior is so ugly. What are Audi thinking of, it is a mess.

Colin
Your not buying it ....so dont you worry

Reactions: pburv
How about an Audi classic blue and not hard to keep looking great... Nogaro Blue...better than Ara or Sepang IMO

Nogaro was my in my top 3 of choices for my current car when l was ordering it mate,its very nice indeed...but next time around l want something more bold ...blues are all so similar these days....most of all something that Audi wont copy

Reactions: Jcbmally and pburv
The Gti as taken a massive step backwards in the looks department compared to the Mk7
hope the golf R fairs a lot better in the looks department or I can see a lot of people jumping ship to a different brand .

Basing it on the MK7 Golf. The `R` looked the bland one out of that and the GTI. So it it happens like that with this new MK8, then the R is going to be one very disappointing `top of the range` car.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and pburv

Does look nice that. Personal preference, but I think Sepang is the best Blue Audi have ever done.

Was round my local car detailer on Thursday, to book my car in. He'd just detailed a Purple McLaren 600LT. Looked absolutely stunning. Much better than the bland looking Orange one he did a month or so ago.

Think Purple is a very underated colour. The right shade, on the right car, and it look stunning.

Reactions: Jcbmally, Snake Pliskin and pburv
Does look nice that. Personal preference, but I think Sepang is the best Blue Audi have ever done.

Was round my local car detailer on Thursday, to book my car in. He'd just detailed a Purple McLaren 600LT. Looked absolutely stunning. Much better than the bland looking Orange one he did a month or so ago.

Think Purple is a very underated colour. The right shade, on the right car, and it look stunning.

Audi have done a purple (velvet purple) which looks fantastic ...

Upload 2020 2 29 11 49 47

Reactions: Jcbmally, wab172uk, KieranJ22 and 2 others
Nogaro was my in my top 3 of choices for my current car when l was ordering it mate,its very nice indeed...but next time around l want something more bold ...blues are all so similar these days....most of all something that Audi wont copy

Yellow or green? You don’t see many of those colours on the road.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and pburv

Go the TVR route?!

1F1D46BD 0E78 4D9E 80E6 CB7345ACF56A

Reactions: Jassyo06, Jcbmally, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
Reactions: Snake Pliskin, pburv and Bryant1998

Thats the q3 not the A3 interior. A3 is similar, apparently, but not identical. I remember the 8v interior getting completely slammed on here when first revealed.

As the Geneva show was cancelled, the new A3 will be released via video on March 3rd so says Motor1.com

Reactions: NevMan and Jassyo06
Remember the launch programme is at 09:50 CET which is 08:50 UK time.