Next Gen RS3, or not ???

I always looked at the M5 is a possible next step as its pretty much an upgraded RS3 Saloon in a way, but I think it'd be too big for me. I don't think the exhaust sound is a step up though. More like a side step but it depends on what you like.

Or I suppose RS4/5 but also bigger, as is C63s...another beast

Reactions: PeteRS3lee
Or I suppose RS4/5 but also bigger, as is C63s...another beast

The RS4 and RS5 are cool but they don't seem like the next step to me. I think its the exhaust noise that puts me off. The C63S is more like it but its RWD and I've seen some people complain about not being able to put down the power in that car. Next gen C63S might be 4WD so that should be good. The next M3/M4 will be but looking at that new prototype revealed today, that front grille is terrifying. Went from Beamer to Beaver.

Reactions: PeteRS3lee, Terminator x and Bryant1998
does sound good but for us old folk maybe not so
we like 'sedate'
tea and biscuits
long walks
cruise ships
looking at hills
cloud formations
like we have lost the plot and memory
tea and biscuits
LOL
Totally agree, each to their own but I much prefer the sound of my new RS3 with OPF without the pops and bangs. Guy at my gym has a FL pre OPF and was giving it large in the car park and I could just see the look on some rather ‘fit’ young women thinking what a knob!! Haha

Still running mine in so haven’t stretched the engine but the sound still suits me and definitely still turns heads enough.

But if you’re looking for the sound with the pops etc then yes a FL pre OPF is the way IMO.

Reactions: PeteRS3lee, teslaboy and NevMan
The RS4 and RS5 are cool but they don't seem like the next step to me. I think its the exhaust noise that puts me off. The C63S is more like it but its RWD and I've seen some people complain about not being able to put down the power in that car. Next gen C63S might be 4WD so that should be good. The next M3/M4 will be but looking at that new prototype revealed today, that front grille is terrifying. Went from Beamer to Beaver.

Beaver...brilliant

Reactions: PeteRS3lee and infernox
Haha yeah. I can't see how anyone wouldn't call it that, just look at it.

image_from_ios_28.jpg

It's a shame because I think the rest of the car does look good but the front ruins it.

bmw_concept_4_at_frankfurt_3.jpg

Reactions: PeteRS3lee and NevMan

image_from_ios_28.jpg

It's a shame because I think the rest of the car does look good but the front ruins it.

*leaked drawing from BMW HQ*
2d468824e1d5b849939b5011db2d34d7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: PeteRS3lee, FBF01 and infernox

image_from_ios_28.jpg

That grill will have to get changed before it starts production it looks awful, someone’s getting sacked over that :tearsofjoy:

image_from_ios_28.jpg

Surely they won’t release that, my good g*d!!!

Surely they won’t release that, my good g*d!!!
The designer must be on crack, every new version comes out with a bigger grill, he’s addicted or he/she has a grill fetish.

Reactions: PeteRS3lee, NevMan and infernox
I think that has hit the nail on the head for me.
I've usually been a serial car changer every 2 to 3 years like clockwork, always desperate to change and even looking after 1 year in some cases.
I'm approaching 3.5 years with the RS3 and find myself in the unusual position of still REALLY liking my car and not having an itch to change.
Sure I could change into a face lift, but that would cost north of £15k and the car would be 95% the same.
But from the day I collected the car to even now, the car feels 'special' and makes me smile every time I strike it up and hear that 5 pot fire up.
These really are stunning cars aren't they :icon thumright:
You need to look at an RS4 @Snake Pliskin ... loving mine and the deal on no 2 was so good I had to change. 18 plate now on Audi used www.

You need to look at an RS4 @Snake Pliskin ... loving mine and the deal on no 2 was so good I had to change. 18 plate now on Audi used www.

A tad too expensive for what I want to spend on a car mate - and the RS4 is too big for what I need.
I'm almost considering going the other direction next time and spending a bit less.
I'm enjoying zero payments on a car at the moment and mine is not losing any money at all currently in depreciation.
I may look at a Golf GTi when the new one comes out next year, if the power is up as expected it could be a good car to drive with enough speed to make it fun.

Reactions: PeteRS3lee, infernox, NevMan and 1 other person
Not sure if you guys have seen this yet. The new RSQ3, comes in Sportback and Regular versions. Got the same 5 cylinder I think as the PPF RS3 but with the rev limiting from the new regulations, so this is pretty much how the next RS3 will sound if they don't change it. Also note how the 0-62 time is 4.5 seconds, pretty slow for this engine I think, PPF effects it this much?

love the looks, would the extra weight of this bigger car slow the 0-60 time by a fraction, must be more weight to this than the rs3 would have
could be wrong though, as i normally am

love the looks, would the extra weight of this bigger car slow the 0-60 time by a fraction, must be more weight to this than the rs3 would have
could be wrong though, as i normally am
Yes would think a bit of extra weight would affect by a few 10th’s?

Not sure if you guys have seen this yet. The new RSQ3, comes in Sportback and Regular versions. Got the same 5 cylinder I think as the PPF RS3 but with the rev limiting from the new regulations, so this is pretty much how the next RS3 will sound if they don't change it. Also note how the 0-62 time is 4.5 seconds, pretty slow for this engine I think, PPF effects it this much?

Engine in next RS3 would surely be tweaked for more power than current 400ps? RSQ3 presumably also heavier so would affect the 0-62 time.

Real problem is that by the time the next RS3 is out, the EU will have decreed that it must sound like a Dyson.

Reactions: PeteRS3lee and Terminator x
Engine in next RS3 would surely be tweaked for more power than current 400ps? RSQ3 presumably also heavier so would affect the 0-62 time.

Real problem is that by the time the next RS3 is out, the EU will have decreed that it must sound like a Dyson.
RS4 still 450hp though so Audi are a bit stuck surely?

TX.

Edit - look what is says re the GPF / OPF cars! Top right of screenshot.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk
12e6186c4995a018896dfb81411400e1.jpg

TX.

Next RS3 must be a couple of years away at least so sure by then it will be at least approaching 450ps. It needs to get back ahead of the A45 AMG for starters!

If the new M3 looks like this I’ll be trying me best to get one,defo a step up in a RS3 IMO

Attachments

• 2BCD1A0F-FD8C-4FB5-80DA-30FBA271B050.jpeg
    2BCD1A0F-FD8C-4FB5-80DA-30FBA271B050.jpeg
    27.5 KB · Views: 249
If the new M3 looks like this I’ll be trying me best to get one,defo a step up in a RS3 IMO
Big step up in price, too!

New M3 with essential options is going to be way north of £70k.

Agree, M2 xdrive (if they do one) more likely to be similar price bracket.

Really odd clicking sound from that RSQ3 video when revving. Nice throaty 5 pot sound seriously dumbed down and muted

Reactions: PeteRS3lee and Roxman87

This is true haha I would be hoping for a one a couple years old or like u said M2 x drive.

Reactions: NevMan and PeteRS3lee
Still gonna wait and see 18 months 2 years im gonna make it my mission in life to buy 1 outright fully loaded and be the first ish on a list without even seeing 1, gonna be my last fast car and it will be a keeper (i Hope)
still no idea when or how this process will happen, guessing after the reveal of the new A3 next march
Im clueless
anyone ever done this process before ???????????

Reactions: NevMan
As my Mrs says, "A short fat old man getting out of 1 of these when your expecting tall, muscular ,young man,just aint right, you need a robin reliant at your age you daft ****". I do love a good wife.............love it !!!!!

Reactions: FBF01, Callump01, Terminator x and 5 others

And if its like the current M3/M4, it'll depreciate fast. For example, 18 plate M3 Saloon with 3,721 miles is £42,500 - https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201909041850293?

But an 18 plate RS3 Saloon with 2,000 miles is £41k - https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201905248297040? , this one with 2,400 miles is £42k - https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201906269421288? , and this RS3 Saloon also 18 plate with 3,000 miles is £44,500 - https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201905077687953?

So RS3 Saloon has depreciated way less than an M3 has since base M3 costs £59,905.

Reactions: NevMan and D0C
When we leave the EU, will this mean our cars don’t have to eu compliant. Hopefully we can get some drama back in these RS’s

Reactions: NevMan and sve170
When we leave the EU, will this mean our cars don’t have to eu compliant. Hopefully we can get some drama back in these RS’s

Never going to happen, when we ‘leave’ I’d expect we’ll shadow most of the EU regs as a minimum.

Plus can’t see Audi creating something different just for the UK from the factory.

We are unlikely to leave the EU. But yes if we want to trade cars will have to be EU compliant, yet another reason why we aren’t leaving

Reactions: Bryant1998
We are unlikely to leave the EU. But yes if we want to trade cars will have to be EU compliant, yet another reason why we aren’t leaving
Can't help yourself ;)

Reactions: sve170

‘Unlikely we will leave the EU’ don’t get me started, the majority voted OUT, why do so many not get this

Roll on end of October, free from the shackles of the unelected members of the EU parliament.

‘Unlikely we will leave the EU’ don’t get me started, the majority voted OUT, why do so many not get this

Roll on end of October, free from the shackles of the unelected members of the EU parliament.

TX.

You can see it in the R8 video too which it effects a lot more than the RS3. I'm pretty sure my RS3 doesn't rev higher than 4k rpm at idle though, might need to check. The R8 is limited to 3k rpm which is really low for an NA engine.

Reactions: NevMan

Do you not remember we voted for MEPs in the European elections only this year? Our elected representatives. The election was corrupted says High Court Judge. Enough of this faux information and back to cars.. when is next small electric Audi coming Q3 maybe???

Reactions: infernox

No, the Americans have got it spot on, they live for their cars and cannot ever see them accepting anything like we do in the UK.

We as individuals are being totally dictated too by so many, and successive governments have rolled over and let it happen.

Roll on end of October, out of Europe for good, we can then try and rebuild our country and make Britain what it used to be.

Only my opinion of course

Reactions: Enbarr, PeteRS3lee and Beebee-one