1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Next Gen RS3, or not ???

PeteRS3lee Jun 27, 2019

1. infernox

infernox Well-Known Member Team Glacier Team Mythos Audi S3 Audi RS3 S tronic

I always looked at the M5 is a possible next step as its pretty much an upgraded RS3 Saloon in a way, but I think it'd be too big for me. I don't think the exhaust sound is a step up though. More like a side step but it depends on what you like.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. X3man

X3man Well known member Gold Supporter X3 M40i Carbon Black

Or I suppose RS4/5 but also bigger, as is C63s...another beast

4. infernox

The RS4 and RS5 are cool but they don't seem like the next step to me. I think its the exhaust noise that puts me off. The C63S is more like it but its RWD and I've seen some people complain about not being able to put down the power in that car. Next gen C63S might be 4WD so that should be good. The next M3/M4 will be but looking at that new prototype revealed today, that front grille is terrifying. Went from Beamer to Beaver.

terminator x and Bryant1998 like this.
  5. Riko0073

Riko0073 Well-Known Member Sportback Team Nardo Audi RS3

Totally agree, each to their own but I much prefer the sound of my new RS3 with OPF without the pops and bangs. Guy at my gym has a FL pre OPF and was giving it large in the car park and I could just see the look on some rather ‘fit’ young women thinking what a knob!! Haha

Still running mine in so haven’t stretched the engine but the sound still suits me and definitely still turns heads enough.

But if you’re looking for the sound with the pops etc then yes a FL pre OPF is the way IMO.

teslaboy and X3man like this.
  6. X3man

Beaver...brilliant

infernox likes this.
  7. infernox

Haha yeah. I can't see how anyone wouldn't call it that, just look at it.

[​IMG]

It's a shame because I think the rest of the car does look good but the front ruins it.

[​IMG]

X3man likes this.
  8. Bryant1998

Bryant1998 Active Member

*leaked drawing from BMW HQ*
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

infernox likes this.
  9. Bells

Bells Well-Known Member Team Ara Blue Team Daytona Team V6 Audi S3 Audi S5

That grill will have to get changed before it starts production it looks awful, someone’s getting sacked over that :tearsofjoy:

infernox likes this.
  10. X3man

Surely they won’t release that, my good g*d!!!

infernox likes this.
  11. Slowracer

Slowracer Active Member

The designer must be on crack, every new version comes out with a bigger grill, he’s addicted or he/she has a grill fetish.

infernox likes this.
  12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement