1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Next Gen 2021 Audi A3 Sedan Debut

VWNCC Apr 21, 2020

1. S32B

S32B Registered User

I think the new GTi looks better than expected to be honest. This red looks nice and I like the seats @4:30

Just found out that they are bringing back a manual option for the new GTi as well!!!

I spoke to an Audi sales guy yesterday, saying that I'd be keeping my A5 coupe as there is nothing out that I like. He mentioned the new A3, I said I don't like all the plastic bits on it....you'd have thought I'd just called one of his kids ugly! He proper defended it saying how nice it was bla bla bla :D

Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
  2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. JDHOWELLS

JDHOWELLS Registered User

They over charging for this? The top spec vorsprung is £62k, and that isn’t this model, in fact it looks like the base model which starts at £55k ish, so what the hell they put on this to make it £67k as you cant get it that high on configurator..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Walternate, X3man and PeteRS3lee like this.
  4. PeteRS3lee

PeteRS3lee Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

Terrible thing to say
    Lol
    Proper stalking him now[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X3man, S32B, jassyo06 and 2 others like this.
  5. Mr Freeze

Mr Freeze Registered User

]

6. PeteRS3lee

Think I may have stalked him to the extreme
    Asked if I could fuss the dogs
    My daughter ruined the shot
    Lol

Mr Freeze likes this.
  7. PeteRS3lee

[​IMG]

Bells, S32B, pburv and 4 others like this.
  8. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

Sales people always deflect negative comments on all cars they sell......if VW install a manual gearbox in a Golf GTI I'd be extremely surprised ......besides a DSG is far far superior these days and has always been

S32B likes this.
  9. Mr Freeze

X3man, pburv and PeteRS3lee like this.
  10. PeteRS3lee

Watch this space

X3man, Mr Freeze and Walternate like this.
  11. TYb

TYb Registered User

A good manual box wins, cars have got so sterile with autos, AWD etc

X3man, PeteRS3lee and KenL like this.
  12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. TYb

TYb Registered User

:puke2:

Had a ride in my friends Taycan yesterday, what a car, electric may not have volume but the performance is incredible.

X3man, PeteRS3lee, BarryG79 and 2 others like this.
  14. S32B

S32B Registered User

They are mate, I phoned the local dealership to ask when they will be in the country, he said around October. He then asked "Would you want a manual or auto"...think he said the GTD was auto only, but he was reading all the info off a screen and went through them all so quick I can't remember.

But yeah I think I'd be ticking the auto box option, most of my driving is in and around town/short trips so it's a lot easier. A lot of reviews on the GTi are all saying that everything is touch rather than physical buttons which they don't like!!!

gti.jpg

pburv and jassyo06 like this.
  15. MikhailCompo

MikhailCompo Registered User

...It will probably be a diesel, all 2020 S models seem to be fking diesels and you need to buy the top end A model to get a powerful petrol..... What are Audi thinking....?

X3man likes this.
  16. MikhailCompo

MikhailCompo Registered User

Covid.

17. PeteRS3lee

You would think everything would get cheaper after Covid to bring back some punters not the other way round

18. terminator x

terminator x Registered User

£150k though? Petrol at that price is same performance or better e.g. 911 Turbo.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

jassyo06 likes this.
  19. Mr Freeze

X3man likes this.
  20. TYb

TYb Registered User

£150k but far more tax efficient than the Panamera he’s swapped in.

I can’t describe the feeling, the power delivery is so sudden. It’s the S model, interior is excellent, exterior is subtle but looks special.

21. Chris4410

Chris4410 Registered User

Pretty much the only electric car that would interest me, unfortunately way out of my price range.

On another note I called in to see the new A3 on Saturday, in any trim it is not as nice as the new 1 series. The interior quality has also definitely dropped, ironically the 1 series is the opposite with the current model taking a massive step up in quality from the previous model.

KenL, X3man and TYb like this.
  22. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

And it's fooking Ugly mate....Your friend needs laser eye surgery....

23. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

Fred and Barney's daily driver had similar interior build quality to the last gen 1 series,Ye need to keep that in mind
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 16, 2020
  24. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

**** all to do with that....take into consideration Vorsprung models have well over £10k of options fitted
    ******** mate

25. PeteRS3lee

Stick with my lazy auto box
    So much better than moving my left arm constantly
    I have a right arm for constant moving
    But that’s for a different short stick

pburv and jassyo06 like this.
  26. Mythos

Mythos Registered User

Probably an unpopular opinion on here but I’d go for the old M140i if I was in the market for a hatchback, if you care about the drive that is.

It’s a bargain for how ridiculously fun it is to drive. The interior is well out of date but the exterior looks good if you get some bits done at Motech.

S3 isn’t even comparable when it comes to how it drives, 6 cylinders and RWD...can’t beat it.

Although if I was on the lookout for a daily driver that doesn’t have to drive well, the current S3 is still by a country mile the best looking, I still think it’s the best looking hot hatch even with the new S3, A35, Golf R, new M135i, ect. Exterior still looks up to date, they absolutely nailed the facelift.

jassyo06 and X3man like this.
  27. Deepster

Deepster Registered User

I know they have pulled the 3 door, but have they said anything about the cabriolet?

28. wab172uk

wab172uk Now in an X3 M40i

I prefer the Boxier Q3, to the Sport Back. Looks nice in Red and in Top spec. But wayyyyyy over priced. £67,000 for a Q3? That's RS5 money.

X3man likes this.
  29. wab172uk

wab172uk Now in an X3 M40i

My local VW dealer had a MK7 Golf GTI sat beside a new MK8 Golf outside. Both still covered in White plastic. But you could see inside. The difference between MK7 & MK8 is quite shocking. Even by just looking through the window, the MK8 looked very cheap and nasty compared the MK7. The cheap looking black shiny plastic just looks ....... s**te. Showed my GF who isn't much of a car person (till she met me) even said the MK7 looked far better inside.

There is a video around somewhere from a guy comparing MK7 against MK8, and showing how VW have cheapened the new Golf down. Little things that you may not notice day to day, but they've cut costs with the MK8 that's for sure. Yet, the sales price will no doubt be more?

And it'll no doubt be the same story with the A3. Shove an IPad thingy where the dials used to be. Fill the rest of the space with cheap shiny hard plastic. Charge a premium, and the punters will fall over backwards to buy (PCP) one.

S32B likes this.
  30. TYb

TYb Registered User

Have to disagree, it’s one of the few electric cars which hasn’t gone out of its way to look different.

31. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

l hate battery powered cars...with a passion but like everything in life they have a place in it....company cars.....Folks that have no taste etc etc but for someone to buy a battery powered Porsche at £150k plus when a 911 turbo S is the same price........just my opinion.......love to know what the residuals/reliability will be on these.....on another note av seen 3 Elon Musk's on the hard shoulder in the last month.......No roadside rescue.....unit will have a clue....what to do......lol

Maybe there's an EASTER EGG is some Sub Menu...for a REBOOT....lol

Last edited: Aug 17, 2020
  32. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

That RSQ3 wasnt £67k more like £57k....the sales person that spoke to @pburv hadnt a clue...what he was talking about.....been there as have most of us

pburv and X3man like this.
  33. Flying Scotsman

Flying Scotsman Registered User

Honestly, I am not too excited about the new S3, but I will have to see one in the flesh, for final judgement. My 2017 S3 is paid for, plus I am always reluctant to buy a new model in its first year of production with new ECU, touch screens etc.
    Unless I am blown away by the news S3, which I seriously doubt, I will be keeping my trusty steed as no other car in this class, as of this moment, excites me

pburv, X3man, Mr Freeze and 2 others like this.
  34. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

35. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

On a nice warm day.....if you care about the drive that is....??it's an Audi buyers Forum....so..... how a car drives is irelavant....lol

pburv, X3man and Mythos like this.
  36. Kayobong

Kayobong Registered User

I've test driven the MK8 Golf, and I do agree with the material quality declining. The parts of the car the money supposedly went in to, i.e. the technology really doesn't feel like much of a step up compared to what's offered on the MK7 Golf. I'd much rather take a MK7.5 GTI TCR/Clubsport over any MK8 offering. The looks of the MK8 really don't appeal to me either.

Seems to be a similar story developing with the S3, you've really got to question some of the decisions made by the VW group on their newer models.

unnamed (5).jpg unnamed (6).jpg unnamed (7).jpg

Last edited: Aug 17, 2020
    S32B, Snake Pliskin and Mr Freeze like this.
  37. Mythos

Mythos Registered User

lol, they aren’t THAT bad when it comes to the drive, little bit better than a Fiat 500 :welcoming:

jassyo06 and pburv like this.
  38. S15THM

S15THM Daytona S3 Saloon

I must admit, I sold my 2017 S3 start of this year in anticipation for the new one coming (and I was making decent money on it, so it was a no brained) but the new S3 has disappointed me. Especially the alloy choices etc.

My new girlfriend has a Mk7 GTi and also have to admit I’ve never considered a Golf, but given how the new 8R and 8 GTI looks I’m very tempted to a switch to VW..however agree on the interior. I’ve never considered a Golf before but after driving her GTi I’m very impressed, and at 230 brake it’s no slouch. Doesn’t feel much slower than my S3 did, more than adequate power.

just need to wait on the official unveil of the new 8R whenever that may be, think it looks great and aggressive.

X3man likes this.
  39. Bells

Bells Registered User

I must admit I do think the spy shots of the new Golf R look great, still not sold on the interior though but I’m not a huge fan of the new A3’s either. The Golf will be a great seller if it also has 330 bhp and the new engine that’s rumoured.

Don’t know whether this has been shared before but the latest photos of the Golf in Lapiz Blue look great especially from the rear, spoiler looks good without being a bit too over the top like the A35/45.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/...kswagen-golf-r-best-look-yet-329bhp-hot-hatch

40. Kayobong

Kayobong Registered User

That does look smart, much prefer that to any other MK8 I’ve seen.

Bells and X3man like this.
  41. Snake Pliskin

Snake Pliskin Well-Known Member Supporter

Yeah agreed that Golf R does show promise :icon thumright:

Bells and X3man like this.
  42. Mr Freeze

I'd be shocked if the new Golf R gets 330 hp with the new S3 only getting 310 hp i can see it being the same power as they are pretty much
    the same car .

Could you imagine the sales Audi will lose if the Golf R gets 330 hp :grimacing:

KenL, X3man, Bells and 2 others like this.
  43. terminator x

terminator x Registered User

How can VAG get away with more power in the GR though, surely it will just take sales from the S3?

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

X3man and jassyo06 like this.
  44. S15THM

S15THM Daytona S3 Saloon

There was a lot of rumours about a Golf R ‘plus’ (with the xtra bhp) not sure if there’s any truth in it. Can’t see it myself.