Next A5 when ?

S

Simonb1975

Just a quickie.
Any idea as to when the A5 will be replaced ? Might consider a last minute S5 sportback if the discounts are flowing.

Hard to tell but I would imagine within the next year given the announcement of the new A4.

I'm not that taken by the spy shots or the changes to the A4 so will be looking at taking advantage of the lovely discounts now while the going is good :)

There have been plenty of spyshots of the new A5 as with the new A4 but I got the impression that the A5 testing is about 6 months behind the A4. If so then last orders for an S5 might be around the end of this year - but that's just my guess.

But be careful on the discounts. I got 19% off mine and I have regularly seen reports from others who got similar (S4s and S5s), so I tend to think that's about as much as a dealer will accept. There were definite cases (here on the A4/S4 forum for example) of members looking to get one of the last orders for an S4 and finding that because A4/S4 build slots were going fast, it was difficult to secure one and so the discounts started to disappear. Despite what you might read about Audi wanting to introduce the S and RS's sooner in the launch cycle, there will still be a gap between the last B8 S5 being built and orders for the B9 S5 being taken. So you'll actually find that rather than demand dropping off at the end of the run, it might increase, especially since, as DrE has stated, opinions are divided about some of Audi's design choices for the new model.