Newbie with buying advice please

Yeah I had a printout of the tyresmoke guide that I found through this site. Trouble is that its written for a B6 without MFSW so a lot of the guide is irrelevent as it tells you to replace the SCM and then how to recode for the new SCM, non of which you need to do on a B7 with MFSW. The guide was good for the actual mechanical change though..

The coding was very easy with Vag Com as the software has pop up windows that explain what numbers to change for what options!

The only issue I'm left with (like anyone who retrofits DIS to a pre 2007 B7) is that the DIS keeps telling me that my washer bottle is empty. This is because the sensor simply isn't fitted.
One of the little pop up windows pointed out that in 2007 cars you can code out the washer bottle sensor! Audi obviously realised this was a problem..

Where are you based? there's lots of people who can do the coding if you can do the mechanical..

hey I am based around west london

perhaps I should just pay someone to do the job if I can't find anyone on here
:)

So the bre engine don't suffer the oil pump problem due to gear driven

Any other faults?

Back on topic.. :)

No, thats pretty much it.. I did my research when I bought mine and was advised against the early engine and the 170 version and that was it! As long as its been looked after well then you have nothing to worry about.. just get it bought :)