Newbie With an S3 Few issue need sorting

bennn

Reaction score
Hi

I bought an S3 at the weekend. Paid £3900 for a 1999 with only 64K on it and a full service history of a nice lady who had owned it for 6 years (she hardly drove it so its only seen about 5K between annual services)

Its brilliant black with the blue interior. In pretty good condition apart from the wheels.

Im going to have the cambelt done on the car at midland VW in the next couple of weeks as well as a haldex service.

When i got home i noticed that the MOT had advisorys (should have checked before i took it really) and they were that both rear brakelines are slightly corroded. Is this a big job to replace?

Also i noticed on the drive back the temperature drops slightly below 90 when going steady on the motorway, never goes past 90 though (in traffic and i did hit some serious traffic!) or giving it some beans etc). Would i be right in assuming this is the thermostat? Or could it be something more serious?

The only other thing really is its missing the front fog light surround (grille) on the drivers side so if anyone has one let me know!

Im hoping with £500 or so chucked at it it will be a lovely car

Cheers,

Ben

nice to hear you got your self one, how far below 90 does the temp drop?

Might aswell just ask the garage to do it while its having the cambelt and water pump replaced, if the parts a tenner i cant see the labour being ridculous for that. Cheers

Yeah, fair enough mate. It's a ****** fiddly job, easier to let someone else do it!!

Yeah, fair enough mate. It's a ****** fiddly job, easier to let someone else do it!!

Out of curiousity will they need the bumper off to do the belt? Because one xenon is dimmer than the other so i would like to replace both the bulbs. I can do this myself but if they have the bumper off anyway i could get them to do it.