Newbie with a few questions......:-)

S3Sport_Guy

Reaction score
Hi :hi:

As of Tuesday just gone I am now the happy owner of a new S3 Sportback S-Tronic in Sprint Blue with privacy glass :yum:

Came from a Nissan 350z (owned all 3 facelift versions from 276ps to 313ps at one time or another) so it was a tough choice for me to make the move from RWD to Quattro and also faced the dilemma of stick-shift or S-Tronic - im happy so far:sm4:

Im even more happy with the timing as far as the weather is concerned - did not take a lot of snow to get the Z snowed in:sm4:

Im into my mods but will have to wait for the 3-4k mark before I start that again:sm4:

So, lets get down to business - a few questions if you dont mind answering which I never really found the answers on in the threads I checked. Doing a remap on the S3 Sportback - is the S-Tronic gearbox up to it or does that need a reflash? Will the remap increase the available torque curve up to atleast 6k RPM? Lastly, I know the S3 only has a 60 ltr tank, but the petrol gauge needle moves in the wrong direction even for my liking:ohmy: Im starting to think that the claimed 33mpg combined is optimistic? Oh, also, Shell 99RON Optimax - any benefits using it - no lambda sensor issues?

Thanks - looking forward to being involved in the forum-looks like a great site:icon_thumright:

Hi & Welcome.

What mods you got planned? S-Tronic software does not only benefit from lifting the torque to 500nm (iirc :think:) but also makes the car fully manual in paddle mode and will bounce off limiter! :drool: Please please run it on V-Power only :friends:. Any more questions give us a shout.

N8 :hi:

Hi & Welcome.

What mods you got planned? S-Tronic software does not only benefit from lifting the torque to 500nm (iirc :think:) but also makes the car fully manual in paddle mode and will bounce off limiter! :drool: Please please run it on V-Power only :friends:. Any more questions give us a shout.

N8 :hi:

Thanks N8,

Well knowing what an improvement of replacing OEM cats with Hi-flo cats and sticking a decent exhaust on a 350z does I will go down this road first then do a remap:yum: Milltek seems to be zorst of choice around here?

Yep-meant v-power-devil's own juice:drool: Would have stuck Tescoe 99ron in it if I had not read the manual about bio ethanol fuel:sm4:

Good news about bouncing off the rev limiter with reflash:icon_thumright:

The question about torque was aimed at the fact that max. torque is only available between 2.5k and 5k rpm - could you clarify whether a remap would pusk max availability up to 6krpm at least>

Cheers

Thanks N8,

Well knowing what an improvement of replacing OEM cats with Hi-flo cats and sticking a decent exhaust on a 350z does I will go down this road first then do a remap:yum: Milltek seems to be zorst of choice around here?

Yep-meant v-power-devil's own juice:drool: Would have stuck Tescoe 99ron in it if I had not read the manual about bio ethanol fuel:sm4:

Good news about bouncing off the rev limiter with reflash:icon_thumright:

The question about torque was aimed at the fact that max. torque is only available between 2.5k and 5k rpm - could you clarify whether a remap would pusk max availability up to 6krpm at least>

Cheers

Yeh Milltek is the best in terms of quality/looks and gains. I would have gone for Milltek on mine but they didn't do one for the 2.0TDI Sportback so I had to go custom. You want to go turboback with sports cat or decat, depending on what noise you want. All you need is full milltek, an intake and then a shark performance remap and your looking at 350bhp my son. The power will then be available ALL across the rev range trust me, you'll love it :wub:

Yeh Milltek is the best in terms of quality/looks and gains. I would have gone for Milltek on mine but they didn't do one for the 2.0TDI Sportback so I had to go custom. You want to go turboback with sports cat or decat, depending on what noise you want. All you need is full milltek, an intake and then a shark performance remap and your looking at 350bhp my son. The power will then be available ALL across the rev range trust me, you'll love it :wub:

Cheers for that:)

Can the 2ltr engine take that sort of power without having to do any mods on internals? Mind, the Subaru 2ltr boxer engine can take 400+ bhp over standard 325bhp:rock:

Welcome to the forum! You have good taste in cars sir :hi:

I run Shell 99 all the time along with most S3 drivers. I think the fuel tank on 8Ps are 55 litres aren't they?

Welcome to the forum! You have good taste in cars sir :hi:

I run Shell 99 all the time along with most S3 drivers. I think the fuel tank on 8Ps are 55 litres aren't they?

....I thought the tank was a 60ltr?

I'm with Pete on this one.....Milltek and quality in the same sentence ? you sure?

Hi :hi:

As of Tuesday just gone I am now the happy owner of a new S3 Sportback S-Tronic in Sprint Blue with privacy glass :yum:

Came from a Nissan 350z (owned all 3 facelift versions from 276ps to 313ps at one time or another) so it was a tough choice for me to make the move from RWD to Quattro and also faced the dilemma of stick-shift or S-Tronic - im happy so far:sm4:

Im even more happy with the timing as far as the weather is concerned - did not take a lot of snow to get the Z snowed in:sm4:

Im into my mods but will have to wait for the 3-4k mark before I start that again:sm4:

So, lets get down to business - a few questions if you dont mind answering which I never really found the answers on in the threads I checked. Doing a remap on the S3 Sportback - is the S-Tronic gearbox up to it or does that need a reflash? Will the remap increase the available torque curve up to atleast 6k RPM? Lastly, I know the S3 only has a 60 ltr tank, but the petrol gauge needle moves in the wrong direction even for my liking:ohmy: Im starting to think that the claimed 33mpg combined is optimistic? Oh, also, Shell 99RON Optimax - any benefits using it - no lambda sensor issues?

Thanks - looking forward to being involved in the forum-looks like a great site:icon_thumright:

hey, I also drive a 06 350z and probably will be getting my s3sb some time later today (or hopefully before xmas), any quick views how the two cars drive differently? I know its not fair to compare, but it ain't something that happens everyday to meet someone having the exact same car choices at the same time :w00t: