Newbie with a few questions

Maco

Reaction score
Hi guys, pick up my 2015 A4 Black Edition Plus 150 in sepang blue on Thursday. Previously owned a A3 1.6 TDI back in 2012 & loved the car.

Couple of questions. I’m coming from a Mercedes E250, with 203 BHP so the performance difference is going to be noticeable. My partner test drove the car at the weekend & she said it didn’t feel slow at all but I’m guessing when on the open road we will be able to tell. I’ve looked at a few maps & given the figures shown I could remap the car to around 190/195BHP with a gain of 130NM. With the sizes difference between an A4 & a E class I’m guessing if a remap can give out those figures then I shouldn’t feel much difference. So here goes the question asked a million times, has anyone had it done & can you recommend anyone preferably in the north.

Other question, are there any most do upgrades style wise? Interior or exterior, thank you. Look forward to hearing from you all.

Hey, congrats on the new car!

I just need to check though, it it definitely a B9 because I thought in 2015 it would be a B8.5, especially as you’ve mentioned the black edition bit which I’m fairly certain only appeared within the last year or so with the B9? Someone will correct me if I’m wrong.

I only ask because it may dictate tuners and things for folk being able to answer your original question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe better with a DTUK box ? Not used one myself, but some of the guys on the forum rate them highly.

Hey, congrats on the new car!

I just need to check though, it it definitely a B9 because I thought in 2015 it would be a B8.5, especially as you’ve mentioned the black edition bit which I’m fairly certain only appeared within the last year or so with the B9? Someone will correct me if I’m wrong.

I only ask because it may dictate tuners and things for folk being able to answer your original question.

knew there was something I forgot to ask, I’m a little confused myself on that bit actually. On most of the remap websites I’ve been on like Revo etc it says B9 2015 + so with mine been a 65 plate I thought it most of been a B9. But then on other websites like wiki it says B9 2016 +. I’m starting to believe it’s a B8, didn’t know there was a B8.5 so that could be the case.

knew there was something I forgot to ask, I’m a little confused myself on that bit actually. On most of the remap websites I’ve been on like Revo etc it says B9 2015 + so with mine been a 65 plate I thought it most of been a B9. But then on other websites like wiki it says B9 2016 +. I’m starting to believe it’s a B8, didn’t know there was a B8.5 so that could be the case.

No worries, pop up a photo of the front and we can let you know!

No worries, pop up a photo of the front and we can let you know!

Haven’t collected it yet so I’ve had to pinch a photo from the dealers website, it’s not the best but here you go.

Attachments

• D1EC4DEE-B010-4EE6-A2BF-31B4A91BBC07.jpeg
    D1EC4DEE-B010-4EE6-A2BF-31B4A91BBC07.jpeg
    23.4 KB · Views: 164
Reactions: NevMan
Haven’t collected it yet so I’ve had to pinch a photo from the dealers website, it’s not the best but here you go.
That’s a B8.5 I.e a facelifted B8.

Nice colour mate, enjoy.

You can easily tell by the headlights, check out my profile pic and you can see the B9’s have a more angular light.

Reactions: Maco
That’s a B8.5 I.e a facelifted B8.

Nice colour mate, enjoy.

Thanks mate. It was the colour that attracted us if I’m honest, I didn’t know they had the little spoiler at the back along with the black side skirts so that’s a smart little addition.

Reactions: Riko0073 and Spaceman_RS3
Thanks mate. It was the colour that attracted us if I’m honest, I didn’t know they had the little spoiler at the back along with the black side skirts so that’s a smart little addition.
Had an S3 in Sepang, beautiful colour...enjoy buddy.

Lucky too if tuning is your thing as B9's still can't be tuned given ecu is triple encrypted. Only option is dtuk box etc.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3 and cuke2u
Very nice mate, bet you can't wait. Lovely colour, and top top alloys :icon thumright:

Reactions: Maco
Only the S4 and the RS4 cannot be remapped, lesser powered B9's can be and superchips can do mine http://www.superchips.co.uk/search?make=2&fueltype=3&model=22&variant=3809

As can Maco's with superchips, although I'd choose a Bluefin device over just a remap..

What’s your opinions on bluefin over a remap? If I’m honest I’ve never mapped or chipped a car, but with the power difference between the Audi & my previous Mercedes it’s something I’m seriously thinking about. I always associated a Chip as a cheaper option but I’m clueless really.

I liked the one I had on my Focus, I could remove the map at will and reinstall it again and reuse the device for other vehicles if compatible at around £225, but unfortunately not with my current A4. However I am trying to persuade my partner to have it setup for her current Fiesta.
The difference with you is that the makers warranty has expired, thus you can chose whatever you like..

I liked the one I had on my Focus, I could remove the map at will and reinstall it again and reuse the device for other vehicles if compatible at around £225, but unfortunately not with my current A4. However I am trying to persuade my partner to have it setup for her current Fiesta.
The difference with you is that the makers warranty has expired, thus you can chose whatever you like..

I see your point regarding been able to remove a chip especially when it comes to warranty. I was thinking of taking out some Audi extended warranty for the car, got a quote of £357 If I remember rightly which I didn’t think was bad. Comes with Audi approved used warranty for a year anyway so that’s something to think about at a later stage.

Lucky too if tuning is your thing as B9's still can't be tuned given ecu is triple encrypted. Only option is dtuk box etc.

TX.

This is interesting

****** hell interesting vid!

TX.

Strange how a car with less power and less torque orientated towards family driving could beat a 'S' class car. Something odd there..

Strange how a car with less power and less torque orientated towards family driving could beat a 'S' class car. Something odd there..
A4 Avant 200kgs lighter than the S4, that would make a difference.

I have the a4 avant at 1540kg kerbweight against 1630kg for the S4 equals 90kg...

I have the a4 avant at 1540kg kerbweight against 1630kg for the S4 equals 90kg...
My bad, ticked wrong engine type, still, wouldn't want to carry 90kgs on my back.

Reactions: cuke2u
It's mapped though yes vs standard S4?

TX.

Reactions: Jcbmally
Yea b
It's mapped though yes vs standard S4?

TX.

yea but what was pointed out before was they just quoted the s4 book figures not the recorded times was made out to be much more than it was. Was all very strange

Superchips only produced their remap very recently though, this year in fact, as I've been watching them. There is no mention of their website that the map cannot be installed upon later cars only from 2015 on.
So I can only go on what they're stating and it's the same with Celtic Tuning

A4 Map

Superchips only produced their remap very recently though, this year in fact, as I've been watching them. There is no mention of their website that the map cannot be installed upon later cars only from 2015 on.
So I can only go on what they're stating and it's the same with Celtic Tuning

View attachment 165357
Lots of tuners are advertising remaps but when you contact them and they ask for reg number they then inform you only the early b9 can in fact be remapped at present. I'm on Celtic tunings waiting list and they will contact me when they can they said hopefully will be soon. That was a month ago. 66 plate onwards have a different ecu type no one has unlocked yet but late 2015 early 2016 can be remapped.

Agree on that, so maybe Revo can't. Managed to get Superchips for 66 plate 2.0 TDI A6, but had to go to them to read ECU/Chassis, as was so new.
They aren't offering anything yet for 252BHP 2.0 TFSI

Lots of tuners are advertising remaps but when you contact them and they ask for reg number they then inform you only the early b9 can in fact be remapped at present. I'm on Celtic tunings waiting list and they will contact me when they can they said hopefully will be soon. That was a month ago. 66 plate onwards have a different ecu type no one has unlocked yet but late 2015 early 2016 can be remapped.
Is this likely though as all similar companies have had the ecu for 18 months + afaik and still not cracked it. Ecu is triple encrypted is the rumour.

TX.

Have emailed VAGTech (Revo dealer), so will let you all know what they say. I am thinking the answer will probably be No

Reactions: rasA4
Mine was built April 2016 so should be ok with tuning and have been considering getting it done for a while but concerned as to what effects it may have long term. Does anyone know how much difference there is internally between the 252bhp 2.0 in the A4 and higher output 2 litres in the Golf R or S3? I wouldn't really be wanting to increase the stresses on internal components that weren't designed for the increase.

That said, they've apparently cracked the Bosch MG1 ECU it in the BMW M140 guise (same as on the S4) so I don't know how different the software is but it's a promising sign!

So some B9's can be remapped, so we're both right :)
Which engine have you got and the MY model please..

Have emailed VAGTech (Revo dealer), so will let you all know what they say. I am thinking the answer will probably be No

I’ve spoken to BGT performance in the north east regarding Revo & they said that they haven’t developed the software which I’m guessing means they haven’t cracked the ecu. They could provide a chip but no remap.

So some B9's can be remapped, so we're both right :)
Which engine have you got and the MY model please..
Mine is a Nov 16 3.0tdi 272ps have spoken to a number of tuning companies and when they check the vin number they say it's the later ecu unable to remap.