Newbie with 2007 Audi A6 2.0tdi Bre

cyberjack

Reaction score
Newbie needing advice .. Not sure if i am on the right section of this forum for this but hoping someone who has knowledge of the Audi A6 2.0 tdi engines can point me in the right direction ... My 2007 Audi A6 engine locked up a few weeks ago and kicked a hole in the engine casing ( the dreaded oil pump issue ) i love the old motor as it has loads of room and is a nice driver and would like to put it back on the road again , i have bought an old mk4 tdci Mondeo to limp around in until i get the A6 sorted , I was told the BKD engine's oil pump is made of better stuff and can be ( with a bit of fettling ) fitted to the A6 , I took a chance and bought the engine as a replacement ( it was not dangerous money ) I was told the engine is from an A3 with very few miles and has had a recent cambelt kit replacement .. does anybody know or has anyone on the site done this upgrade ? if so , what did it entail ? was told i would need to swap over the sump and change the oil lifter pipe etc ? .. any relevent and helpful advice would be appreciated , many thx in advance , regards Jack