Newbie - trip reset question

Dean87

Reaction score
Hi all,

New to the forum just picked up my 18 plate nardo on friday, absolutely loving it so far :yes: just a quick question i'm trying to reset the trip odometer using the O.O button on the dash but that doesn't do anything so I'm slightly confused

Any help much appreciated

Dean

Probably because your looking at the car mileage and not the trip computers :)

Probably because your looking at the car mileage and not the trip computers :)

I can reset the trip computers from the steering wheel, on the virtual dash there’s my car mileage which is 120 then a trip reading next to that what says 65, this number I can’t reset, I’m I just been stupid :confusion:

Just briefly press the 0.0 button and it should work. If not, you have a problem

0FB0EF28 65B3 44AD B700 E5351931BDA5

So I’m trying to reset the 91 mile but the 0.0 button doesn’t do anything, any help much appreciated?

I take it you’ve also tried to hold the 0.0 button in for a couple of seconds? A single light press i don’t think resets it, a firmer hold press does.

I suspect you would have tried this though before starting a thread here haha.

Sounds like you have a dodgy 0.0 button, dealer should resolve.

I take it you’ve also tried to hold the 0.0 button in for a couple of seconds? A single light press i don’t think resets it, a firmer hold press does.

I suspect you would have tried this though before starting a thread here haha.

Sounds like you have a dodgy 0.0 button, dealer should resolve.

Firm press I think I nearly pushed it through the dash haha, tried quick single push, 10 second hold, nothing works. Nice start to Audi life trip to the dealers

Luckily for you bud, there's more to come.. :thumbs up::yahoo:

View attachment 150535

So I’m trying to reset the 91 mile but the 0.0 button doesn’t do anything, any help much appreciated?

I think ( and it's only a suggestion so I could be wrong) you need to have the trip also showing on the virtual dash, so where you have date and time just use the left scroll button on the steering wheel and get to one of the trip computers. Then when you press and hold the 0.0 button the other trip ( showing 91.1 in your pic) should reset.

Should reset regardless of what screen you are on. If your ignition is off and you press it, does the screen light up to show the mileage? This is a quick way of checking without the key.

If that works it proves the button works, if not I suspect a faulty button and yet further rubbish quality control.

Reactions: E15
I wish I had issues like this.......

2 weeks 2 days without the car now. 1 more week to come. The car was only registered on 11 December.

I want to kill somebody.

Should reset regardless of what screen you are on. If your ignition is off and you press it, does the screen light up to show the mileage? This is a quick way of checking without the key.

If that works it proves the button works, if not I suspect a faulty button and yet further rubbish quality control.

Will try that today thanks for the heads up on how to do that

Ohhhhh I didn’t know this. I’ll need to try it

It should bring the VC to life showing the ‘off’ speedo and the mileage.

I’ve noticed cars in the showroom don’t always do it, I think with VC cars it is dependent on battery level? That’s just a guess though but with dials it has always worked without fail.

Will try that today thanks for the heads up on how to do that

No worries, just thought it is a way you can test if the button has failed altogether.... if it has, I can see that being a whole cluster?

I wish I had issues like this.......

2 weeks 2 days without the car now. 1 more week to come. The car was only registered on 11 December.

I want to kill somebody.
Yep.
2 weeks and 3 days for me and it still wasn't sorted!

No worries, just thought it is a way you can test if the button has failed altogether.... if it has, I can see that being a whole cluster?

So the misses did this today with the engine off and the the mileage reset, but it won’t reset with the engine on is this right?

Button now works all of the time even when driving so very confused, I had a horrible feeling of a new cluster but thankfully not

What you're saying Dean is that your missus solved this issue for you :haha: ;)

Reactions: D0C, Terminator x and AudiNutta