Newbie to the forum...

andylee

Reaction score
Hi there,

Just joined up and been browsing for a week or so, and have already come across some pretty darn useful stuff!

I've just bought my first Audi, an A4 Avant, B6 1.8T SE. Tried it, loved it, saw potential and bought it!

Believe it's the Votex kit on it, appears to be factory fitted and also found the Audi instructions for it in the boot!

Image182.jpg

First thing to change is going to be the fitting of an RS4 anti-roll bar. Don't really want to change too much, as I also have a Mk1 Golf for weekends! (though it's pieces - again!)

80761808XJmrn06Tweb5-2.gif

Any advice or comments welcome!

Andy

Welcome Andy :)

Looks like a Votex to me too, got any more pics?

You forgot to mention your plan for bigger wheels ;)

nice car indeed... yeah id say bigger wheels aswell:icon_thumright:

Yeah some bigger wheels and Sports Springs as its an SE so it'll only get higher with bigger wheels!
...oh and :sign_welcome:

Welcome Andy ..Nice very nice i have alway's been a fan of the votex kit, but love the S-line even more. Are you going to change the wheel's ?? If so keep your eye's peeled for a full set S-LINE 18" five blade / tyres i may be selling after a full refurb..

Welcome myman and like the rest rims and suspension should be on your list then a remap to help it get down the road that little better.:)

Thanks for all the kind comments!

Wheels may be on the agenda, as will a small drop at some point, but I really don't want to do too much to it.

Has anyone had experience of just having a set of lowering springs? Will it make a big difference to the ride as I don't want it to be crashy?

I think I'd much rather fit OEM sport suspension if anyone's taken theirs off to fit coilies? ;-) Willing to collect! Anybody got a spare set?!?!?

I'm still thinking about this ARB mod but I'm a bit confused with the part numbers - for the Anti roll bar itself do I need 8EO 511 409 AL, or AM?

Cheers

Andy

AndyLee - nice ride. As already confirmed - looks like Votex.

Sport suspension is a decent option: it's pretty firm and a bit lower.... I kept my "weekend Golf" (VERY heavilly stealth-modified '98 Mk3 Cabriolet) for a while, but got too accustomed to the convenience and comfort of the A4 and was doing <100miles a month int he Golf, so sold it in the end :(

RE the RARB: Just PM "PJMSpeedy" - he will usually do a full OEM RS4 RARB incl delivery for less than the stealers... I believe you can fit it yourself with friend, driveway and a pair of axle-stands.... I had all three, but the gravel drive is not best-suited to jacking up 1600kg's of A4 Quattro! 1 hour's labour at the local indy.

Last edited: