Newbie - thinking of 2.0TDI (140) S Line

badgerbrock72

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

im trying to get some info on a A3 SB 2.0TDI S-line, i have a £15K budget and have seen a March 08 at a main dealer for just within budget. Its got heated leather, Bose, light/rain pack and has done 35K miles, full Audi SH.

Couple of questions please...

Is this price about right for a main dealer approved car of that age/spec?

Is the bose option any good, as i do like decent ICE. would i be better looking for a non-bose and going aftermarket (ie, is it easier to upgrade a non-bose than a bose?)

Also, being a 140bhp will it have a DPF, and if so, do these become blocked like im hearing some of the VW golf's do??

Thanks in advance!

Garry:icon_thumright:

Price sounds good enough for 35k main dealer full ASH with heated leather. Auto lights and wipers as well

Don't know about ICE , sorry, but I do know that the 140bhp does not have a DPF. (well my 140 doesn't anyway !)

Sounds a good deal I paid around the same price for my 07 170 TDI last year with slightly more mileage.

I have the BOSE system in my car and to be honest I'm not impressed. I thought it would sound much better than the standard system but it just doesn't sound right.

Definitely not worth the extra cash they charge for it. Don't get me wrong, it sounds OK.......just not much better.

Oh, and mine is a 140bhp and it does have DPF. Not sure when it became standard though because I believe it was originally just the 170 that had it.

Last edited:
I agree with the above post.
I have Bose and im not impressed.
Im looking to change it as I love my base and Bose doesnt!!!

cheers for all replies so far,

would i be better off looking for a 170, or is a chipped 140 just as good? is it the same engine in a different state of tune?

also honest john site talks about some oil shaft that can 'round off' and in turn cost shed-loads to fix, anyone know more about this?

finally - the heated leather - is it just the base of the seat that heats, or the back too??

thanks everyone :)

sounds like a good deal from a main dealer. i'd defo go for it.

re: BOSE, it's an alright "off-the-shelf" system, but don't be expected to be blown away.

Ah - thats the CR engine not the PD engine in the earlier models.

Mines a 2006 2.0l TDi 140 PD engine (BKD)

Cheaper tax for a 140 hp model and if ure as tight as me you will be pleased about the better mileage in a 140 even in a "tuned" one compared to the 170 ,
I dont know anything about the cam wear problems,
Just the base of the seats heat up as far as i know

cheers for all replies so far,

would i be better off looking for a 170, or is a chipped 140 just as good? is it the same engine in a different state of tune?

also honest john site talks about some oil shaft that can 'round off' and in turn cost shed-loads to fix, anyone know more about this?

finally - the heated leather - is it just the base of the seat that heats, or the back too??

thanks everyone :)

Last edited: