Newbie seeks advice...

snakehips

Reaction score
Hi All,
After 5 years in a GTi I've had my head turned by the new A3. Now that the 184PS is available to order I'll be having a test drive in a couple weeks then (if it's any good) jumping straight in to the purchase.
My plan is to get an S-Line Quattro S-tronic fully loaded with EVERY option except Advanced Key, Magnetic Ride and Advanced Parking but that may just be the adrenalin affecting my judgement! Anything on the list of extras that people have found sounded like a good idea at the time but turned out to be a waste of money?
Looking forward to having some fun in this forum!
Snakey

Reactions: Sandra
Welcome to audi-sport.net Snakey and the 8v section. You will get lots of help and information in here and will enjoy the banter. Enjoy the forum. :) x

The pano sunroof is definitely not a waste of money! My car looks fantastic plus loads of light and nice to have open in the warm weather!

The pano sunroof is definitely not a waste of money! My car looks fantastic plus loads of light and nice to have open in the warm weather!

I wanted that but didn't know it actually opened so now I definitely want that! My wife's Evoque has the panoramic roof but it doesn't open so assumed the A3 one didn't either. The roof, tech pack and B&O speakers are the three absolute must-haves for me, all the rest is mainly because I have more money than sense, especially the LED lights (even though I am told they are great).

It's not really panoramic though - it's the same size as any other sunroof, even if the glass that covers it on top appears to be bigger.

Thanks for the tip! But I think an opening smaller roof is still preferable to a larger fixed roof.

Plus one for the pano. 1st thing I spec'ed, just posted link on S3 thread to YouTube video of it. Have to agree it is just a big sunroof inside, not quite full panoramic, but still cool inside and out, and looks really good open.

Last edited:
I wanted that but didn't know it actually opened so now I definitely want that! My wife's Evoque has the panoramic roof but it doesn't open so assumed the A3 one didn't either. The roof, tech pack and B&O speakers are the three absolute must-haves for me, all the rest is mainly because I have more money than sense, especially the LED lights (even though I am told they are great).

whats weird is your not the first person to say that! Am sure somebody else on here said they didn't order pano roof as advised by dealer it didn't open !

+1 for the pano roof, have it on mine and wouldn't be without it :)