Newbie....S3 owner....Advice needed

OiNK

Reaction score
Hi,

I have just bought myself a second car a second hand 2007 Audi S3 with 75k on the clock. It has a full Audi history and to be honest the very first thing I'm thinking is....remap....but my question and worry is, would it be safe to map the car given it is ten years old with that many miles on the clock? Or would it be wiser to leave it alone? The car is totally standard.

Appreciate some feedback from anyone with experience, I am new to the Audi scene.

Thanks

If the service history is valid, why not but don't go too daft!! Brakes and suspension will need to be checked out along with the auto box ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It's a manual box. I have the car going in on Monday for a check up, but yes the history appears valid, lots of Audi receipts and a book full of stamps. I would only really be looking into stage one...around the 300 mark? Nothing crazy.

I was the same, same year same mileage but I left it alone for a year, enjoyed it as it was. Clutch started to slip in 5th after 11 months so had that done and then went for the map.

Where are you based?

I'm sure if the car has been serviced regularly and well looked after it should be ok.

Any good tuner will check it over carefully before doing any work and you should make sure that they do.

The clutch and flywheel have just been replaced before my purchase so that shouldn't be an issue. I'm based in Northern Ireland.

Would you advise staying away from generic maps like revo then?

I paid £340 for custom and I'm happy with it. Mates of mine who are massive petrol heads can't believe how nice it drives. Heard a few guys say they had generic and they said it ruined the drive but they were dsg mines manual. I'm sure someone on here will pipe up with more info but in my eyes I got a custom cheaper than what I could get a plug and pay

with your car being a pre facelift mind there wont be much you can do to the styling of the body work

Personally a set of coilovers and arbs first, get the car to handle before making it faster

Reactions: S3Alex
Hi,

I have just bought myself a second car a second hand 2007 Audi S3 with 75k on the clock. It has a full Audi history and to be honest the very first thing I'm thinking is....remap....but my question and worry is, would it be safe to map the car given it is ten years old with that many miles on the clock? Or would it be wiser to leave it alone? The car is totally standard.

Appreciate some feedback from anyone with experience, I am new to the Audi scene.

Thanks
So what I should tell about mine 54 plate @ 166k miles and stage2? (140 to 225hp, 2.0 tdi)

164k, done twice coventry - gatwick airport (plus other minor trips) and still running xD (no noises or bangs, other than miltek exhaust noise)