Newbie needs advice ...

Skywalkerr

Reaction score
Morning everyone, fairly new to the Audi scene, we've just purchased a 2016 A3 2.0 tdi s-line sport back .
Loving it so far, such a good looking car :hearteyes:
Anyway just realised it don't have the auto lights/wipers ect , but so desperately want the welcome home/walk away lights thingy.
Is there a way of activating these without having to go the whole shebang of getting the sensors fitted by AUDI. :fearscream:
Don't really want to start ripping car to bits to have this work, as other half knows what I'm like once I start, as I had a Scoob and spent thousands in end on mods
And I've sincerely promised I'll leave this pretty much standard
Any help would be great , also is there any other small tweaks/mods that you must do, and I'll just make out it's essential maintenance
Thanks in advance :sign imnew:

Reactions: DJAlix
If you look for any post by @DJAlix you'll find a link in his signature to all manner of possible modifications that can be done in the software using VCDS. There's a VCDS users map too, which will show you where to find a member who can do the mods, in exchange for a small number of beer tokens.

Reactions: Skywalkerr, Audi Bairn, Scottyg and 1 other person
Thanks for reply , seen this VCDS, mentioned, what's this lol Told you I was a newbie lol ...

Thanks for reply , seen this VCDS, mentioned, what's this lol Told you I was a newbie lol ...
VCDS = Computer based sorcery via expensive software and even more expensive cables.

Reactions: CookD, Ozmosis, Skywalkerr and 1 other person
Morning everyone, fairly new to the Audi scene, we've just purchased a 2016 A3 2.0 tdi s-line sport back .
Loving it so far, such a good looking car :hearteyes:
Anyway just realised it don't have the auto lights/wipers ect , but so desperately want the welcome home/walk away lights thingy.
Is there a way of activating these without having to go the whole shebang of getting the sensors fitted by AUDI. :fearscream:
Don't really want to start ripping car to bits to have this work, as other half knows what I'm like once I start, as I had a Scoob and spent thousands in end on mods
And I've sincerely promised I'll leave this pretty much standard
Any help would be great , also is there any other small tweaks/mods that you must do, and I'll just make out it's essential maintenance
Thanks in advance :sign imnew:
Without a Rain, Light and Humidity Sensor and a new Light Switch you are not gonna get Auto Wipers working. Have seen people "kinda" get CH / LH style lights working via coding only. I say kinda because, for example, in order for CH Lights to work you would need to pull on your high beams before getting out of the car in order to trigger them. LH lights need a sensor so are never gonna work. Auto Lights and Wipers is actually one of my most popular retrofits and involves only removing / replacing 2 trim parts :)

Reactions: tele2050 and Audi Bairn
Without a Rain, Light and Humidity Sensor and a new Light Switch you are not gonna get Auto Wipers working. Have seen people "kinda" get CH / LH style lights working via coding only. I say kinda because, for example, in order for CH Lights to work you would need to pull on your high beams before getting out of the car in order to trigger them. LH lights need a sensor so are never gonna work. Auto Lights and Wipers is actually one of my most popular retrofits and involves only removing / replacing 2 trim parts :)

Thanks for reply too, how much do
You charge for the auto lights wiper fit , also where are you based
Many thanks

Has anyone tried this retro fit? any issues.

Also does anyone know how much would Audi charge?

Thanks
Done this loads without issues. Audi would prolly not take this job on as they generally do not get involved in retrofits.

Reactions: tele2050
should probably have mentioned this first, would it still work on a non s-line 8v? :sign imnew:

I thought S-Line was near top of the range trim, baring the S3? to not have auto lights & wipers is pretty lame by Audi especially since it's a FL 2016 model... Or do they all come in poverty spec SE form and then you add things on?

Last edited:
I thought S-Line was near top of the range trim, baring the S3? to not have auto lights & wipers is pretty lame by Audi isnt especially a FL 2016 model... Or do they all come in poverty spec SE form and then you add things on?
Audi charge for everything but as far as I am aware, in the UK anyway, S-Line and above trim levels gained Auto Lights and Wipers as of 2015 from the factory.

Reactions: Ormesome