Newbie looking at S3's

joe6886

Reaction score
Hello chaps. Just signed up on here, anyway im looking to buy an S3 in the next few weeks.

Just wondering what people have done to connect their Ipod to the standard Audi headunit. I have a Pioneer HU in my car at the mo with an Ipod adaptor but dont want to fit an aftermarket HU to the Audi, my days of messing with things is over.

Anyone got any experiances with one of these:

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=4643

Is'nt really clear what its like, how it connects ETC?!

Anyway thats it for now, if I need to know anything else ill pop the questions in here.

as a newbie i recommend you choose your options & hold out till you find one with them. Also a Phatnoise is just as good as an ipod if not better but you choose.

Thanks, yeah i've spotted the one I want. Hopefully go see it on the weekend.

Yeah I saw about this Phatnoise thing, but I have my Ipod already so does'nt make sense to buy another MP3 player when I could just buy a cable or adaptor of some description (hopefully)

Yeah i've seen them too, anyone got one of these? Easy to install and can you control the Ipod through the original stereo? I'd be looking for the ICE link plus i'm guessing?

Hi Joe,

The Dension Ice-Link is great, I have one in my S3 (which is for sale I might add, see the trading post or PM!) it plugs into the CD changer port on the back of the head unit, so you can't have both changer and iPod connected at the same time, unless you can get some sort of switch. You can control the iPod with the head unit, track advance/****** and skip forward/back. Works great and far beter than any FM transmitters I have heard.

Regards, John.

im sure ive seen audi do their own ipod kits, they also fit them too.
could be worth checking it out mate
Ash

Went to look at the S3 today, loved it so i've bought it. Picking it up on tuesday.

Now on the Stereo side of things again, it has a tape up front with a CD changer in the boot. I want the Ipod link so that means I won't be using the changer. So is there a single slot CD player that I can use and then plug the Ipod into that.

I want it to be an Audi one though, so will any single slot Audi cd player do or does it have to be something specific? It hase Bose aswell so does this make a difference.

Something like this im guessing?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GENUINE-AUDI-...oryZ3293QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

joe6886 said:
Went to look at the S3 today, loved it so i've bought it. Picking it up on tuesday.

You didn't mess about there did you. :thumbsup: So what did you buy then, more info required!

Oh and welcome to the world of rattles and super dipped headlights, sorry, over cynical, spent the last week trying to fix both. :sob:

No mate, been looking around for a bit. Told my dad wanted to go look at this one so went and got it. Its 52 reg, 33,000 miles in Yellow. Will get some pics when I collect it, dont wana say too much incase I jinx it but I cant wait.

Just been and collected it tonight and i'm loving it. Such a good cruiser on the motorway, effortless power. So far so good, cant wait to drive it tomorrow now.

Heres the pics that were on Pistonheads, not had time to get any of my own yet.

923341.jpg
923342.jpg
923343.jpg
923344.jpg
923345.jpg
923346.jpg

that looks mint, very nice car :)

i saw that on pistonheads

did you pay £13695 for it

Yeah its mint. Nah got a considerable amount off the asking price.

How much did you pay for it if you dont mind me asking joe. I'm about to sell a very similar car: imola yellow, 52 plate, 23k miles, 18" RSTTs and I was wondering how much i could expect.

PM me if you wish

Thanks