Newbie introduction

Jonesy3.2

Reaction score
hey Guys & Gals

I'm new to this forum & thought I'd just say Hi.

I'm new to Audi ownership - (picked up my A3 3.2 last week) having previously owned a subaru impreza wrx which I unfortunatley crashed & wrote off last month! (wife won't let me have another scoob!)

Got to say, so far really enjoying the a3 experience - the interior quality is light years ahead of the subaru & the big, normally aspirated V6 is amazing.

I was an active member of "scoobynet" & look forward to contributing to this forum.

Cheers

Jonesy

Hello mate, what happened with the scooby then, did it all go a bit pear shaped when give it some beans or..

yeah, lost it exiting a roundabout but only at about 40 mph. The car flipped round violently & ended up crossing the central reservation into 3 lanes of oncoming traffic!

I know the impreza has a reputation as a great handling chasis, but imho it's understeer set up is very unforgiving if you get it wrong, & once out of shape is unrecoverable (as I demonstrated!)

So far I'm really pleased with the A3, far less conspicuous than the subaru, handles at least as well, way more comfy etc etc + scoob returned no more than 22mpg - even taking it easy! My A3 is so far averaging ~29mpg.

29??? I've got a 2 litre turbo and can only get 25mpg.

Guess I drive it like I stole it!

Jonesy3.2 said:
So far I'm really pleased with the A3, far less conspicuous than the subaru, handles at least as well, way more comfy etc etc + scoob returned no more than 22mpg - even taking it easy! My A3 is so far averaging ~29mpg.

That is amazing. Even keeping the cruise set at 65mph on my 70 mile morning commute I can't, and I mean CANNOT, get above 27mpg. What's your secret?

Jonesy3.2 said:
yeah, lost it exiting a roundabout but only at about 40 mph. The car flipped round violently & ended up crossing the central reservation into 3 lanes of oncoming traffic!

I know the impreza has a reputation as a great handling chasis, but imho it's understeer set up is very unforgiving if you get it wrong, & once out of shape is unrecoverable (as I demonstrated!)

My first car was a 3 series and I did the same thing, about 50 mph leaving around about. My insurance doubled to £1800 the following year! Lesson learnt. Planning on doing anything with the A3 then, Haldex change, coil overs?

Thanks for the welcome Guys!

Had a 'spirited' drive in it today over 100 miles covered in total & average 21.7 mpg :))) - gues it was too good to last!

Still pleased with the performance, but I do think I'll mod something soon. I know remaps dont add big bhp figures to n/a engines, but there seem to be a few tuners out there offering gains of 15 bhp with increased torque & driveability - anyone done this to theirs?

I'll post some pics of both new & (whats left of) my old car soon!

Cheers

Jonesy

Hi Jonesy
Glad to hear somebody else enjoying their 3.2! MPG is entirely a matter of right foot - my wife gets 28 - 32 but I struggle to get above 26 on the rare occassions I get to drive it!:drag:

staz1000 said:
29??? I've got a 2 litre turbo and can only get 25mpg.

i got a 2TFSI Quattro and on the way to and from work which is 15miles on B roads going through a couple of towns i get an average 34-35mpg if i am driving nicely.

In fact on one occassion when i was REALLy being nice on the throttle i saw 38mpg over the same 15miles but there was no traffic, only a few traffic lights.

Oh welcome to the forum btw Jonesy

Jonesy3.2 said:
hey Guys & Gals

I'm new to this forum & thought I'd just say Hi.

I'm new to Audi ownership - (picked up my A3 3.2 last week) having previously owned a subaru impreza wrx which I unfortunatley crashed & wrote off last month! (wife won't let me have another scoob!)

Got to say, so far really enjoying the a3 experience - the interior quality is light years ahead of the subaru & the big, normally aspirated V6 is amazing.

I was an active member of "scoobynet" & look forward to contributing to this forum.

Cheers

Jonesy

Hi and welcome :)

I traded my WR1 in for my Audi :)

Instant power with the 3.2 NO TURBO LAG !!!!!