Newbie introduction and question...

biggaz76

Reaction score
Hi all, please forgive me if i commit a few grammatical mistakes, or indeed post new threads that have been discussed elsewhere!

I have recently purchased an A3 2.0 TDi Sport. No problems with it so far, however was wondering if it is possible to retro-fit the front armrest that you get with the SE. Have got an arm rest from a scrappie, hoewever, it looks like there could be some cutting involved with the centre console - something that my wife is none too pleased about. I have done a search through previous posts, however i was unable to find exactly what i was after. From what i did read though, it all seems very friendly, with most people willing to help each other out. I hope i can offer something in return!

Any help would be most gratefully recieved!

Hi mate - you must get the cardboard template or you are risking making a very expensive mess

Firstly, thanks to you all for the warm welcome.
Secondly (and i am hoping this is not as obvious as it seems) where do you get the cardboard template from?
Thirdly, will a simple nut and bolt hold it in place? Whilst browsing through the threads, I seemed to recall a thread where it had to be a certain type of nut. I could also be very easily mistaken about this point...

Thanks!

I bought my kit from a dealer, you will have to get the template from a dealer I guess, and no not any old nut and bolt will do, its a special nut that tightens/expands into the hole and then the nut goes into that.