Newbie introduction and question

biggaz76

Reaction score
Hi all, please forgive me if i commit a few grammatical mistakes, or indeed post new threads that have been discussed elsewhere!

I have recently purchased an A3 2.0 TDi Sport. No problems with it so far, however was wondering if it is possible to retro-fit the front armrest that you get with the SE. Have got an arm rest from a scrappie, hoewever, it looks like there could be some cutting involved with the centre console - something that my wife is none too pleased about. I have done a search through previous posts, however i was unable to find exactly what i was after. From what i did read though, it all seems very friendly, with most people willing to help each other out. I hope i can offer something in return!

Any help would be most gratefully recieved!

The armrest fits in a slot between the ashtray and the cubby hole. You access the bolt that holds the armrest in by removing the rear ashtray. If you haven't got a slot then you have to cut a hole in the center console! Believe it or not you can't order a console with a hole already in. If you (or your wife) are worried about cutting it it might be easier to get a console from a scrapyard with a hole cut in already.