Newbie here(to this section) MyAudi

quattrov6tdi

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I have been missing for a while and used post in the A4 section but I am back now as I just bought a 2013 A6 Allroad 3.o quattro. Love it so far but I have loads of questions and I hope ye will be tolerant of me. I did a fair bit of retrofitting on the A4 and found the information here invaluable. I will use the search function as much as possible so as not to waste people's time and ask questions already dealt with.
Firstly I assume I have the C7 version judging by the pictures posted here already and secondly when I tried to register MyAudi, I got a vin number already in use (probably previous owner), is there a work around for this?
Thirdly, the MMI unit as the sim card slot so I am guessing I just get a sim and it will open up the extra features to me. Thanks in advance and I hope to catch up with some old friends.

Hoping to retrofit keyless entry and power boot as soon as the funds allow.
Cheers

The SIM opens up many functions. It could be used as a phone or as data connection for Wifi.

Reactions: quattrov6tdi
You can just remote sim it from a android phone. Can't seem to do it on the Apple

Hi FM, thank you for replying I tried the sim and it didn't go great to be honest it kept taking precedent over my bluetooth connected phone. There was a you tube vid saying you could go in to settings and select mobile for calls and sim for data but I don't seem to have that option. I checked with my mobile provider and I have free all you can eat data so I guess I will just use my mobile. However the feature I wanted was goole earth in the sat nav but that didn't work either :-(

Scrap the last message, it works now with my phone, i think as it displays o2 instead of 3 as service provider. I got google earth on sat nav :)

I have a query about retrofitting key less entry, where do I post it please. Just general questions before I order parts

Scrap the last message, it works now with my phone, i think as it displays o2 instead of 3 as service provider. I got google earth on sat nav :)

Where you able to get google earth, Audi connect and twitter etc using the data from your iPhone?

I currently have a sim with unlimited data in order to get these.

Using the iPhone data would be better

You need a phone with RSAP Bluetooth profile, I don't think iPhone has this?

Where you able to get google earth, Audi connect and twitter etc using the data from your iPhone?

I currently have a sim with unlimited data in order to get these.

Using the iPhone data would be better

To be honest, I am all over the place on this one. Firstly it was a Samsung S8 and not an Iphone. Secondly it seems very temperamental, everything works with the sim card installed, google earth, Audi connect and weather, traffic etc. But when I connect my phone it only connects as a media player and contacts. I have googled it and it seems I have to access a secret green menu to change a setting to allow sim card for data and bluetooth for phone use. However the coding needs to be done with vcds to access this menu and my better (worse on this occasion)half threw out my cable as she thought it was a scartlead ...grrrrr

To be honest, I am all over the place on this one. Firstly it was a Samsung S8 and not an Iphone. Secondly it seems very temperamental, everything works with the sim card installed, google earth, Audi connect and weather, traffic etc. But when I connect my phone it only connects as a media player and contacts. I have googled it and it seems I have to access a secret green menu to change a setting to allow sim card for data and bluetooth for phone use. However the coding needs to be done with vcds to access this menu and my better (worse on this occasion)half threw out my cable as she thought it was a scartlead ...grrrrr

That’s classic as my Vcds got buried in a box of cables for the very same reason!

My late C7.5 facelift with MMI plus works well with the SIM card giving the data for google earth and Audi connect.

My daughter thinks the fact the car itself has a WiFi hotspot is cool but it still seems crazy to me that once you’ve connected your smart phone via USB port that the MMI can’t use its data.

My old parrot head unit used to that.

As an aside despite having 2018 updates to maps I still find myself using google maps on the phone as the traffic updates and even just the routes it uses are much better.

A colleague has the 2017 version which allows update to use CarPlay so at least he can mirror his iPhone.

I can connect my Samsung as remote sim or hands-free only. The text messages I get every time I connect and disconnect as remote sim are annoying though

I finally got it to work with a bit a help from my new vcds cable (damn you wifey)and the secret menu on the MMI. Google earth is the job and you use the internet to search for destinations. The bluetooth connected phone won't show text messages on the MMI screen now ...grrrrrr

Can u help me with secret green menu activation pls ?
I have a6 c7.3.p0 tdi 272bhp face lift model from end od 2015 and can't find how to do it .I have vcds and ee contract sim but ee will not give me suplicat sim for use in my car only unfortunately ans and when i connect my Samsung s9 via bt my phone have no internet connection so probably have to do what u did but...secret menu not activated.

Can u help me with secret green menu activation pls ?
I have a6 c7.3.p0 tdi 272bhp face lift model from end od 2015 and can't find how to do it .I have vcds and ee contract sim but ee will not give me suplicat sim for use in my car only unfortunately ans and when i connect my Samsung s9 via bt my phone have no internet connection so probably have to do what u did but...secret menu not activated.

So sorry I haven't been here in a while. I hope this helps you