Newbie, but not Audi

Dan Willis

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just registered as I'm trawling the web for information on S3 Saloons.

A bit of history - personally I've only ever had a 2002 TT 220. That was a... hmm, nice words... it wasn't great. It cost a lot to keep, fell to bits and felt underwhelming. I was extremely happy to get rid of it.
That said, my wife had an S5 (v8) coupe for nigh-on 5 years and that was a brilliant car. She now has an S1 Sportback that we purchased last year as we had on the way, and now have, a little one.

So, next week I'm 90% sure I'm ordering a (in stock) S3 Saloon in Navara. It'll be my first auto, but such is life - but it ticks all the boxes and looks fabulous.

So any advice, or general "that car sucks/best car in the world" is of course all welcome.

I'll try to only ask a few stupid questions.

Side note; I tend to drive the poorer relation cars like old Vauxhalls - and have a Monaro VXR as a toy, and an "in progress" restoration of a 1981 DeLorean. I'm very much a petrol head - but new to new Audis and the like. Less spanner, more shiny.

Cheers!

Hi Dan, welcome to audi-sport.net. You will find lots of info in the A/s3 8v section. Good luck with getting the car. Navara is a stunning colour.will look forward to pics if you buy. Enjoy the forum :)