1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie, but not Audi

Dan Willis Jul 6, 2018

1. Dan Willis

Dan Willis New Member

Hi all,

I just registered as I'm trawling the web for information on S3 Saloons.

A bit of history - personally I've only ever had a 2002 TT 220. That was a... hmm, nice words... it wasn't great. It cost a lot to keep, fell to bits and felt underwhelming. I was extremely happy to get rid of it.
    That said, my wife had an S5 (v8) coupe for nigh-on 5 years and that was a brilliant car. She now has an S1 Sportback that we purchased last year as we had on the way, and now have, a little one.

So, next week I'm 90% sure I'm ordering a (in stock) S3 Saloon in Navara. It'll be my first auto, but such is life - but it ticks all the boxes and looks fabulous.

So any advice, or general "that car sucks/best car in the world" is of course all welcome.

I'll try to only ask a few stupid questions.

Side note; I tend to drive the poorer relation cars like old Vauxhalls - and have a Monaro VXR as a toy, and an "in progress" restoration of a 1981 DeLorean. I'm very much a petrol head - but new to new Audis and the like. Less spanner, more shiny.

Cheers!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Sandra

Sandra Administrator Staff Member Administrator TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group Audi S3 quattro Platinum Supporter S tronic Audi Main Dealer

Hi Dan, welcome to audi-sport.net. You will find lots of info in the A/s3 8v section. Good luck with getting the car. Navara is a stunning colour.will look forward to pics if you buy. Enjoy the forum :)