Newbie - Audi S3

David83S1

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hi all

About to buy my first Audi and not joining the group lightly. Going for an Audi S3 Hatchback Misano Red !! (Coming from a DS3 1.6thp) I am a self confessed detailer so expect many pictures once I get it.

One thing i cannot decide on......LED headlights or Advanced Key? Need to pick one as cannot justify both (Thats just greedy)

Votes please

It would be LED headlights for me. Purely for those indicators.

Justify both, extra hours work, you wont regret it.

For me, it would be neither

Advanced key? Oh dear....

6a013486d00cf4970c017ee7ee21bc970d-pi

Reactions: steeve, OliJ, Martinbanshee and 3 others
Haha Yes I know the advanced key is a "touchy subject" round these parts. Do like the idea of button start though ! ...but I think the LED lights might win me over as they do look pretty damn nice :)

Don't get either, LEDs aren't even the matrix ones and advanced key.... well... all you have to do it search the forum and you'll have hours of entertaining reading...

What else have you specced?

LED's aren't that much brighter that the Xenon's on there already and just seems like a gimmick. The indicators you're never going to see them in action

Haha yes Ive read all about the Advanced key on here .... quite the taboo subject. Good point on the LEDs .....and if they are no different and not the matrix ones i just read about then maybe i could save myself some dollar here. ....or maybe i could spend it on the parade red interior instead :)

My spec is:

S3 quattro Hatchback Misano Red
Comfort pack
Privacy glass
Interior light pack
Folding/heated mirrors
Black nappa seats
B&O
Advanced key

Might take off Advanced key and add either sport seats or parade red sports seats...?

Not ordered yet ....plan to place order Saturday

From experience I'd definitely get the LEDs. Much better than the adaptive Xenons I had on my 8P. For the relatively little extra cost (on an S3) they're worth it. The cornering function is very useful. Advanced key? Now THAT'S a gimmick!

I originally wanted tech pack......it is impressive ...but honestly i would never use it. I know my way around ....and if i dont I will use my phones free satnav. (Holding out hope for Android Auto)

Hi David & :welcome!: to ASN

Nice car & nice spec. buddy

Good idea IMHO about ditching the LED lights & advanced key & going for the parade red interior. Red calipers would finish that spec off nicely ;)

Whatever you choose, make sure it suits your needs & keep us all updated :thumbs up:

I originally wanted tech pack......it is impressive ...but honestly i would never use it. I know my way around ....and if i dont I will use my phones free satnav. (Holding out hope for Android Auto)
Fair enough :)
Can i tempt you with mono.pur then?

Have you gone for manual or s-tronic. I believe adaptive cruise is the bendy bits of a knees legs.

Thanks for the welcome BH .....yes I think parade Red would look nice ....although I like the sports seats with cross stitching a lot too! Will see what the test drive car has Saturday and go from there......

Haha ...Ooops Sorry Psy! Is it any good?

I went for manual as I have driven an Audi with Stronic and wasnt that impressed. ....OK let me rephrase that .....for a car like this i think manual is more fun ....more control over the car and more feedback from driving. Now on my next car which might be more laid back and sensible ....i would 100% have Stronic !!

Reactions: s31jay
No worries :)

Not too sure, won't get car until mid January. From peoples reviews and pics on here i think it just finishes off the interior along with the interior light pack which i see you've specced.

Ordered on 20th August. Was going to wait until March to collect to get a 15 plate but just going to get it mid January and start enjoying it :)

Haha ...Ooops Sorry Psy! Is it any good?

I went for manual as I have driven an Audi with Stronic and wasnt that impressed. ....OK let me rephrase that .....for a car like this i think manual is more fun ....more control over the car and more feedback from driving. Now on my next car which might be more laid back and sensible ....i would 100% have Stronic !!

Remember, S-Tronic is quicker, also I'd add Mono-Pur for the small additional cost.

Ha....Mono Pur .....?!?!?! Does anybody pick that option lol

Mono Pur adds extra trim with colour stitching to the door arm rests and knee pads. For me, it adds an extra bit of class and was the first option I ticked. Relatively cheap too.

Wow....thats some wait! Maybe mine will be a 15 plate then ....although im really not that fussed.

Yeah, quite a wait but well worth it :)

I think the saloon adds a couple of months to the order time as they need to carve them from solid lumps of awesome :)

You'll probably be looking at March if you place an order in the next couple of weeks.

S-tronic is faster yes ......but by by 0.4 of a second lol ....now unless im racing in the F1 and being timed by tag heur ....i doubt i will notice :) How much is mono pur again? £125? .....I am really at my limit with the budget and I've lost count of how many times i have reconfigured the thing?!?! Think im sticking with what i have and changing advanced key for Parade red sports seats

Mono Pur adds extra trim with colour stitching to the door arm rests and knee pads. For me, it adds an extra bit of class and was the first option I ticked. Relatively cheap too.
Our S3s come with Mono Pur as standard, but it certainly helps improve the 'classy' feel of the interior.

Reactions: Psyman79
Aha you have gone for the saloon!! ....yes they are carved in the foot hills of Germany from solid lumps of moon rock ....March is perfect for me !! Cant wait to have it ordered so i can stop thinking about my chosen options

The parade red interior comes with red stitching on all trim....no need for Mono pur !!!

Good point. The demo S3 at Aberdeen Audi has the parade red and it does look pretty nice in a red car. Not so sure about other colours but its all personal taste. I think if its between that and super sports seats i'd probably go SSS.

Have you been given an idea of discount yet? You should be looking for between 8 - 12% depending on dealer.

I am a Red addict so Misano Red with Red seats/stitching is perfect for me!!

Aha ...Finally some pricing talk.....So here's my current quote:

S3 3dr Misano Red 6Spd

£34325

Buying on an Audi Solutions - 3yr - 10K miles per annum

£2000 Deposit

GAP cover

3yrs Servicing

£460pcm

After many many quotes I don't think this is too bad ......What are peoples thoughts?

Hi David, welcome to the Forum.
Great spec, love the colour but I can recommend the comfort pack which you have specified. I agree with you regarding a manual and the Tech Pack too. If you don't use it why spend all that money?
Advanced key? Not for me in a month of Sundays.

Our S3s come with Mono Pur as standard, but it certainly helps improve the 'classy' feel of the interior.

Are you sure? It's listed as an optional extra on the Audi configuration tool at £295.00

Lose the gap, it's so much cheaper elsewhere and normally a better level of cover.