Newbie..A5 questions

Ich

Reaction score
Hi all, I will be buying my first audi in a few months and have some questions as coming from BMW I have no idea. Firstly the car in question is the a5 2.0tdi its on a 2009 plate it is the 3 door coupe I believe? what is the technical name for this particular shape. Secondly I think this car must be the 'se'? it doesnt have the DRL's and doesnt have cruise control.. bit of a shame that audi didnt include even cruise on this type.

I think when I do buy the car I would like to get it mapped and get some S-Line wheels and lower it a little... ive done a bit of research on this and the gains from the map seem great for this engine! Finally what mileage should the belts be changed? I know this car has been very well looked after but was told a belt change may be due around this mileage its either on 46 or 56k.

Thanks all anything else you can let me know about this car would be great!

Welcome! Congrats on your new purchase! What colour you gone for?

The model platform is called the B8. It was 'facelifted' in 2012 to have new front and rear bumpers and new headlights. This is often called the B8.5.

Yes the SE is a bit bare as far as trim goes. On my old 2009 2.0TFSI Sport I had DRL, sunroof, folding mirrors, cruise, AMI (allows you to connect phone/ipod to music system in the glovebox) and BT calling. I sort of made sure it had these things, as retro-fitting them is very costly (although cruise control is actually fairly cheap...).

Map, new wheels and lowering sounds like a great start. No info on the 2.0TDI gains, but understand the old 170PS version was a little lack lustre, so a map would be a great idea. Only issue is that it gets a bit wheel spinny being only FWD. Thats where having quattro really comes into its own, but understand this is pretty pricey!

Cant help you on the belt, but Audi do have fixed service pricing so might be able to find info there. If nothing on this forum, check out A5OC. I'm more regular over there as its a but more active than the A5 section here.

Hey thanks for the info thats what I was looking for. The colour is almost a beige I cant really put my finger on it. It does have some extras like the phone connect (not sure if its an extra) it has the alcantra seats in which look really nice. I just made an account on a5oc so il head over there thanks mate!

Should of really done that over PM...now Sandra is going to shout at me for encouraging members to a different forum....!:help: