1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie - 2 duff audi's... 3rd time lucky

TFSIAVFCA6 Sep 4, 2018

1. TFSIAVFCA6

TFSIAVFCA6 New Member

Good Evening,

Been looking at this forum for a good while to get a fair idea of what to expect of pending Audi purchases... the good,bad & ugly. Thing is you just never know what you will end up with.
    So I took the plunge and bought my first Audi, An MRC tuned A6 C6 3.0 tfsi. It was all that I wanted from a car, fast, roomy and looked great. After a week of ownership noticed it smoked from the rear exhaust quite a bit, then driving one morning engine management light came on. Cut a long story short an emission test found empty cats, issues with o2 sensors and most worryingly 2 oil leaks gearbox & engine. After speaking with the dealer it was agreed that the car would be returned and I'd get most of my money back.
    Onto my 2nd Audi Disappointment....last week Tuesday I picked up a 2013 Audi S4 Black Edition which I thought was everything I could hope for.
    Driving back from my destination which was 2.1/2 hrs I got to within 5 minutes of my home when the epc light goes on along with the engine management light. Car goes into limp mode and judders to my house.
    Called the trader and advised what happened, also mentioning the oil monitor reading which was on minimal. Apparently this car was serviced before it was sold but he didn't check to see if it got done...
    He advised get the car serviced, plugs oil etc and they will foot the bill.
    The next day took the car to my trusted mechanic again then set off to work.
    Car was serviced but the epc/eml was not gonna be a quick fix because the compression In cylinder 3 read a big fat 0 while the other 2 read 150. The mechanic recorded the test so I sent it too the trader.
    Within 2 days the car was on a trailer back to the dealer and my account was fully imbursed.

Did this put me off the 4 rings???

Nope... I found another beauty which I was hell bent on seeing.

It came in the shape of an A6 C7 3.0 tfsi which was the same colour as the S4 and had 20" concave rotor alloys.

So went to see/drive it saturday gone and once again, I'm smitten but on an even higher level than the previous Audi's.

This time the car comes with 15 month warranty and a full service, inspection and better still, I got a call from the trader to advise the rear diff had an oil leak which is getting fixed. Will be picking up the A6 at the weekend and I can't wait.

So will it be 3rd time lucky or not....

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Sandra

Sandra Administrator Staff Member Administrator TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group Audi S3 quattro Platinum Supporter S tronic Audi Main Dealer

Welcome to audi-sport.net. Hopefully the car you collecting at the weekend works out better than the first two. We looking forward to some pics and hearing more about the car.

4. TFSIAVFCA6

TFSIAVFCA6 New Member

Thanks for the welcome Sandra.
    Will definitely get some pictures up and keep y'all updated with my planned modifications. Future plans is a visit to MRC or weekend trip to JD Engineering to provide the stage 2 upgrade.

Sandra likes this.