Newbee looking for advice please

Scott thompson

Reaction score
Hi I've just joined the forum I'm looking at buying a 11 plate a4 s line 170 tdi black edition with 66k are there any common faults and what to look for? Also with any diesel you hear horror stories about the DPF would it be worth getting it remapped out? Any tips would be great many thanks Scott

I've had a 2007 b7 A4 2.0TDI Sline for 3 years and not had any problems with it was a lovely car and great to drive and like i said never had any issues with it. I traded it last week for the 2011 2.0TDI 170 sline black edition quattro with 59k on the clock. Got to say the car is fantastic, great through the gears, a lot of power and drives fantastic. I;m thinking of getting it remapped which should take it up to around 210bhp.

Stay away from the 2.0 Petrol versions though as they are heavy on the oil and if not fixed will damage the engine. I've never had any issues with Audi diesels and as far as dpf filters go cant comment as ive never had a problem.

DPF is usually only an issue if a lot of your mileage is crawling around in town. As long as you get it out on a run every other week you shouldn't have any issues. You can get issues also with DPF's if a sensor fails such as the DPF pressure sensor. The ECU is unable to determine how blocked the DPF is and this can lead to it getting really blocked up.
If you remap a car and keep the DPF this can make the potential for DPF issues greater especially if you don't do decent mileage to keep the DPF clear.

Thanks for the responses much appreciated away to see the car tomorrow hopefully it's as good as it looks from the pictures I've seen