New (yes more) plans for the car..

just don't get this euro look thing. Must be getting old :sos:

Doesn't work for me either, Am I getting old too? :tocktock:

EDIT: yes I am getting old, been looking at A4 avants

im going to be all yank here and say there gonna look SYK bro.

2 Audis with merc rims in 1 week, superb!!!

Boydie, no was referring to Jonny's current Speedlines. However it is the Black CH that I am ordering that I want a white line too. They come with a stainless steel lip as standard but wanted a more pronounced white line, and if I can I'd prefer to use tape so that it can be removed or colour changed. White to red etc. How easy is it to apply the tape in a perfect circle?

Take a look at this site http://shop.foliatec.com/foliatec/f...ateId=1&page=felgenshop.jsp&groupId=79&point=

They do custom "rings" in different colors. Just need to put in the wheel diametre and how wide you want the ring to be. The come in finished circles too :)

Doesn't work for me either, Am I getting old too?

It's got nothing to do with age, IMO.
You're evidently quite happy with the standard product.
If you're not, don't buy it, in my book.

I've been surrounded by people modifying bikes for years, whilst I get ribbed for keeping mine standard.

A/ I'm not an attention seeker.
B/ Their modifications rarely make the bike better, often worse.

I don't see any difference in the car world.:rolleyes:

I know I'm a BMW owner now and I shouldn't 'really' be on the forum anymore, but I have enjoyed it for a few years.
It's really deteriorated recently though.
Mods mods mods, all of them ****** awful, IMO.:puke2:

Cue lazy 'grandad' accusations (I'm 41)
I could counter that with 'pesky kids', but I won't.:noway::)
I'll just say that with maturity, comes taste.:rolleyes:

Hmmm, yet you chose an aftermarket version on a BMW 3-series (all be it approved by BMW) as your next dar, with revised bumpers, alloys, suspension, etc....

Each to their own I say - If people want to make their car individual then fair play to them, some will do more than others and some may take it to far, but there is nothing wrong with it!

But it's already been modified?

The BMW 3 series is a good car, the Alpina modifications arguably make it in to a great car (cracking engine no doubt).
I just think your comment here is a bit of a contractdiction?
I could find it easier to understand if your drove a boggo standard 320d or something, but you've got more power out of the engine, bigger sport wheels, lower ride, aggressive splitter, boot spoiler skirts etc....
Just feels like you've already bought a 'tuned' car only yours is BMW endorsed! And you clearly think they've done a good job judging by the way you talk about it.

Why is it bad for any of us to want to modify our cars?

Am I making sense here???

Why is it bad for any of us to want to modify our cars?

It's not bad, I just think it shows you're not happy with the standard product, which begs the question as to why you bought it.
I also feel, in seeking to be 'different', you just end up looking pretty much the same.
Like Goth teenagers.
I also feel is devalues the brand.
Audi used to stand for unobtrusive, quiet and unassuming taste, didn't it?

Nice Leon, looks really good. You obviously DO have a steady hand.
Bowfer, I may add that yes Alpina make cracking engineering enhancements, but the exterior modifications look ****** awful IMHO. Would you buy a BMW 3 Series of any type and then add Alpina wheels, skirts, spoliers, bumpers etc?

It would appear I'm in good company, L60N, as there are evidently plenty on here that want passers-by to assume they're ***** too...

I'm off though, the website's being deleted from my favourites list.
Sick to the back teeth of modding threadzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

T'ra, have a chavtaaaaastic time.:icon_thumright:

people modify the car to put their own mark on it, hence why its called customising. While they may like and be happy with how it looks, they may feel it could look better, or wanting to step things up a bit, so thats why they do it. Like my car, i love it, i love the wheels, but i still feel that IMO i can make it better, so thats what im doing. Right, who's up for moshing to some dark seedy music while i apply some dark eyeliner, then off out to cut ourselves?

people modify the car to put their own mark on it, hence why its called customising. While they may like and be happy with how it looks, they may feel it could look better, or wanting to step things up a bit, so thats why they do it. Like my car, i love it, i love the wheels, but i still feel that IMO i can make it better, so thats what im doing. Right, who's up for moshing to some dark seedy music while i apply some dark eyeliner, then off out to cut ourselves?

I dont know why you bother trying to justify it mate, he knows exactly why people do it, but cant relate...

I call it narrowmindedness, others may disagree.

Further evidence is how he cant even see the similarities with his own choice of run around. Talk about narrowminded hypocricy!

Bit sad when some one can't be open minded to other people's preferences. Clearly missing the point of 'modifying'.
No car is perfect so there's always room for improvement and personalisation. It's human nature to want to make YOUR posessions and personality instantly recogniseable as you own.

To use an analogy it's like moving into a new house. No one keeps it exactly as it was originally, you love the house, it's design and features but you change it to your taste.

So in Bowfers theory... anyone who does any DIY is clearly 16-30 and a shellsuit wearing chav....Strange way of looking at things.

It would appear I'm in good company, L60N, as there are evidently plenty on here that want passers-by to assume they're ***** too...

I'm all for people having opnions, but I simply don't understand why you elect to come in to this forum bowfer.
You hate the A3, you hate modding, you clearly hate chavs and the last time i looked in here we're all clearly maxpower reading, maccy dee's eating, gothic, shellsuit wearing to$$ers!

Your mates who mod there bikes - are they c0cks too? Simply for wishing to make their bikes personal to them too?

I'm all for constructive comments and banter and i'm not saying you have to say "cooooool" to every mod you see, but to simlpy say everyone that mod's their cars are ***** is OTT frankly!

Maybe i'm missing something I don't know!

I'm all for people having opnions, but I simply don't understand why you elect to come in to this forum bowfer.
You hate the A3, you hate modding, you clearly hate chavs and the last time i looked in here we're all clearly maxpower reading, maccy dee's eating, gothic, shellsuit wearing to$$ers!!

I do beleive he has resigned from the forum ;)

T'ra luvvy..!

Woop Woop :moa:

No more silly petty arguments with him

Even though he is a sheep shagger I feel inclined to agree with Bowfer to an extent. Some of the **** that people are doing to cars goes right over my head. For example, sacrificing your boot for a big **** off stereo system. What is all that about? Don't they go on trips anywhere?

Even though he is a sheep shagger I feel inclined to agree with Bowfer to an extent. Some of the **** that people are doing to cars goes right over my head. For example, sacrificing your boot for a big **** off stereo system. What is all that about? Don't they go on trips anywhere?

Relevance?

Relevence? Modding of cars is it not? Are ridiculously large stereo systems not classed as modding? Wasn't this topic related to modding and the chav scene? Am I missing something here?

Look, this thread has feck all to do with what you dont understand, i.e. Huge stereos taking up boot space...

Or are you politely saying that changing your wheels is chavvy too?

Cant beleive i actually had to spell that out... *groan*

Mr "18" RS4s, ABT 35mm springs, Detailed by Ziebart"

Sorry... I couldnt resist... :)

:iagree:

woah, this thread is moving fast...

edit..

:iagree: with an earlier post... :blahblah1:

Aye but some mods are ***** in my opinion. My mods are not Eurostyling nor what I would term as OTT. Some are imo.

Come on you tarts.

Only read threads you want to!!!!

Aye but some mods are ***** in my opinion. My mods are not Eurostyling nor what I would term as OTT. Some are imo.

and people might think your mods are *****, which according to some now makes you a chav just like us, innit. :tocktock:

It's not bad, I just think it shows you're not happy with the standard product, which begs the question as to why you bought it.
I also feel, in seeking to be 'different', you just end up looking pretty much the same.
Like Goth teenagers.
I also feel is devalues the brand.
Audi used to stand for unobtrusive, quiet and unassuming taste, didn't it?

never a truer word spoken :applaus: