New winter wheels:-)

ajax1976

Reaction score
After a couple of months of searching I've finally found my new winter wheels. I'd been looking for something a bit different from the norm but more importantly cleared my calipers without running chunky spacers, got lucky with these on both counts. Mercedes(Ronal) 2 piece Alioths, 18x8.5J, they've got a bit water bleeding on the lip under the lacquer but for the price I can't complain. As I'm using them as winters I'm going to get the lip chrome powder coated and I'll paint the centres myself, chuck my winter tyres on and I'm good to go.

Alan

Reactions: Amason007, Big Al and lukey baby
Nice! Nice brakes too! Are those ML55 discs? I have some of those calipers to put on. Notice you've stocked up on the wood for the winter! :cold:

Nice! Nice brakes too! Are those ML55 discs? I have some of those calipers to put on. Notice you've stocked up on the wood for the winter! :cold:

Yeah I'm running ML discs, got Pagid ones from ECP for £38 each, Open the centre bore up by 1mm then a straight fit

Yeah, benefits of living next to a wood:) Got to keep the stove going in the garage, my sheds stacked up with more ready to go!!

Had a play with some paint today, not sure if I'll stick with it tho, got another shade to try.

Reactions: Babasanalex and Amason007
Now that's what I call low profiles.
On the first pictures, I couldn't see any rubber, and on teh later painted picture, you can just see some.

And I thought winter tyres were better with higher profiles, to help with the irregular surfaces!
(Still seeking "tongue-in-cheek smilie :rolleyes:)

Now that's what I call low profiles.
On the first pictures, I couldn't see any rubber, and on teh later painted picture, you can just see some.

And I thought winter tyres were better with higher profiles, to help with the irregular surfaces!
(Still seeking "tongue-in-cheek smilie :rolleyes:)

These are to be my extreme winter wheels, no need for tyres, think ice skates:think:

Got the barrels back from the powder coaters this week, finished in chrome powder coat, centres are all painted and cleared, bolts polished and all built up again. Tyres hopefully on this week:)

Reactions: g00se
I like them....silver...winter....you will be cleaning them every week...that colour will hide a multitude of sins....I would keep em on for a while....they'll grown on you.

BR
A

I agree, they look awesome like that. Silver would look too OEM plus need constant cleaning as said already. I spent ages cleaning mine today, rolled the wheels on the car 4 times to clean all around inside with a little brush! Did you change your rear brakes for S4 items yet? I'lll be doing this when I put my Porsche 6 pots on.

Not dark anymore but not silver, a bit of both, shadow chrome. Quite like them but really I'm just tired of messing about with them so that's them done.

Nice.. I like the colour above ! - they look great!

Alan, I like this new silver finish much more that the previous dark one. Looks great! :)

Much better quality wheels than most people use for winter rims. Very pretty!
And the disc/calliper size presumably decided you could not decrease the rim size, to give a more compliant side-wall, which assist footprint.

How did you chose the colours? Were you tempted to go for the "matching hub-caps" effect, where the wheels match the car colour? (I likes that on the older Mercs, with the chrome caps and the centre zones colour coded to the car)

Sold the Merc wheels on, didn't like the car on 18's so gone back to 19's. Tyres on and fitted hopefully this weekend:)

Reactions: Pat., Craig Cull, Jimbo.King and 1 other person
Aye, they look a tad less busy than the Mercs....

What boots are you going for, for them?

BR
A

Aye, they look a tad less busy than the Mercs....

What boots are you going for, for them?

BR
A

Exactly what I was thinking Al, much cleaner and simpler looking. I know most folk are liking concave style wheels at the mo but personally I think the A4 suits a flatter style wheel. I've always loved BBS RCs and these were the closest I could find in 19" fitment and can run these with no spacers, centre caps are cheap rubbish but have a plan in store for those;-)
Picked up a pair of Vredesteins and a pair of Falkens over winter so I'll chuck them on in mean time and look for some new winter tyres over summer for next year.

Exactly what I was thinking Al, much cleaner and simpler looking. I know most folk are liking concave style wheels at the mo but personally I think the A4 suits a flatter style wheel. I've always loved BBS RCs and these were the closest I could find in 19" fitment and can run these with no spacers, centre caps are cheap rubbish but have a plan in store for those;-)
Picked up a pair of Vredesteins and a pair of Falkens over winter so I'll chuck them on in mean time and look for some new winter tyres over summer for next year.

These Fellas? Vr sessantaxl

Vredestein - 235/35 ZR19 TL 91Y VRED ULTRAC SESSANTA XL €186 a pop up here....***!

Sold the Merc wheels on, didn't like the car on 18's so gone back to 19's. Tyres on and fitted hopefully this weekend:)

Wow, now that's what I call low-profile.
Why, those rims almost look like they're on the deck(ing)
;)

Not sure about these being simpler wheels; lots of detail to have to clean there, so a simpler swept spoke (and not split rims) might be easiuer to keep clean.

;)