New windscreen

Bishop187

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I got a chip in my windscreen and got Autoglass to come out to repair it. They recommended a new screen or trying to fix it but it could make it bigger. So I rang them and said I wanted OEM screen from Audi, but my insurance won’t cover the cost of one from Audi because my cars over 3 years old. They will only cover an after market one to the same spec. Has anyone had there screen replaced. Not sure whether to get them to try a repair instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had MY2019 A7/screen replaced as it had cracked from a stone chip. The replacement via Autoglass was OEM Audi branded.

Given how rare an A7 is I’d be surprised if anyone even makes an aftermarket one. I’d book into Autoglass and ask when at the appointment whether it’s Audi branded or not and go from there.

Reactions: Bishop187
I had MY2019 A7/screen replaced as it had cracked from a stone chip. The replacement via Autoglass was OEM Audi branded.

Given how rare an A7 is I’d be surprised if anyone even makes an aftermarket one. I’d book into Autoglass and ask when at the appointment whether it’s Audi branded or not and go from there.

Insurance would have covered yours as it’s less than 3 years old and probably no has had time to release one for ur car. I’m guessing urs is a C8

Last edited:
Not had one on the A7 (gone now) but is this 3 year rule new?
I've had windscreens fitted by Ag on car older than 3 years before and insisted on genuine ones.
Funnily enough a friends Golf which constantly had water in the front footwell area has been diagnosed by a badly fitted non-genuine windscreen where the size is not quite to spec and the additional sealant used to hide this has failed.

Do the oem ones even work with HUD etc?

Autoglass basically said that they can fit an oem one for £650+ and that my insurance won’t even cover upto a certain amount.

the aftermarket ones are often made by the same company as the OEM ones, OEM ones have an Audi logo and a tiny manufacturer logo, the aftermarket have a bigger manufacturer logo and no Audi logo

I've always requested genuine Audi glass, and my last screen was replaced by Audi anyway so they supplied it

I can only speak for LV but they don’t have an OEM under 3 year rule and will replace with after market regardless of age as per T&C’s. The A7/had only been out for a few months and it was supplied OEM. I had fully expected it to be after market as they wouldn’t cover an OEM one.

As said the market for A7 screens after market screens isn’t going to be crowded based on demand so go get one ordered and ask if it’s got 4 rings before the fit.

I spoke with Autoglass today and they said it would be to oem spec. I told them my car had HUD, front cameras and the screen is insulated too. She said that they have all that info on the system. She also said that it’ll probably be the same screen but without the Audi rings. So I’m booked in on Thursday hopefully all goes well

Probably be an FK screen... which make the Audi ones

Ok so got the new windscreen in. Everything looks good, HUD seems the same and so does the road noise. Got to wait for the rain and night to test the rain sensor and the LED Matrix lights.

They replaced it with Fuyao glass. So I found out to my horror, it’s a Chinese company . But don’t some more research and it turns out they make OEM screens for BMW’s and others. So I feel a little better. Anyone heard of these guys.

Ok so got the new windscreen in. Everything looks good, HUD seems the same and so does the road noise. Got to wait for the rain and night to test the rain sensor and the LED Matrix lights.

They replaced it with Fuyao glass. So I found out to my horror, it’s a Chinese company . But don’t some more research and it turns out they make OEM screens for BMW’s and others. So I feel a little better. Anyone heard of these guys.

Hey Bishop, how did this turn out in the end, did you have any problems with rain sensors and auto / matrix lights with the not-quite-OEM replacement windscreen? HUD working okay?

Hey Bishop, how did this turn out in the end, did you have any problems with rain sensors and auto / matrix lights with the not-quite-OEM replacement windscreen? HUD working okay?

Everything was pretty much perfect to be honest. No issues with anything. Only thing was, had to take it to an Autoglass Centre to replace the screen, rather than them fitting it at my house. That was so they could calibrate all the systems.

Reactions: SlapNutz and elchet