New Window regulator fitted, possible alignment issues

bigchewie

Reaction score
Alright guys, not posted in a while,

the other day, my driver door window, on 06 sportback jammed up, It had been sticky and then stuck, ECP had a regulator in stock locally, so got a new regulator assembly and fitted that, I used this DIY as a vague guide to bolt positions etc
http://www.audiforum.ca/2nd-gen-a3-typ-8p-8pa-2003–present-84/diy-2007-audi-a3-window-regulator-replacement-72706/

I got it all stripped out no problem, my cable assembly was seized up, replaced and reinstalled, when I reinstalled I had the window approx 3/4 up so to make it easier to hold onto and for access in door, the window went down but I could not get it back up, stripped out again, reinstalled original orange window clips rather than the ones in the kit. lubricated the tracks and worked window by hand prior to installing, installed and window appeared to work but then when going for more / full travel, it was slow making a grinding/Gruanching (heard Edd China use Graunching before ) noise, on upwards direction. I am pretty sure my alignment is off, I have tested the motor on its own, no issues, I tried loosening the lower guide retention bolts as per this post
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/window-regulator.239744/

Also when I first reinstalled it I tried originally moved it with the lower bolts out. I did kill my battery when doing all this (on charge now as I type,) does anyone have any words of wisdom on how to correctly align it, I only have elsawin on my old (read broken) PC, but I got this quote from this thread

Got this info from electronic service manual ( Elsawin ). Try this and if no joy I'm sorry but I've run out of ideas !!

After installing the electric motor and attached wiring, first turn the ignition on and then off again. Then raise door window as far as it will go and keep window lifter switch pulled for approx. 2 seconds. The window lifter is now in the basic setting and the opening/closing function is activated

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/window-motor-problem.92000/#post-934773

Cheers in Advance, this is starting to do my box in.

Any Ideas, guys, on how to correctly align, I had it working for a few days but the upper frame of window wasn't lining up correctly, well the shut lines, so adjusted that and the window now jams, I need to strip it off again anyhow as the door pull cable must've became disconnected.

Sorry I'm no help, but I'd like an answer to this too. Mines the same after I fitted a new regulator, won't go up without assistance

I've had this problem I sorted it out by loosening the smaller torx screws which hold the runners in place then run the window up/down then retighten

Thats my plan this morning, loosen torx on runners, after checking door frame alignment (it was on and can't be helping,)hope to hell it run smooth, before I rip it apart again.

So 2 things, i guess obvious make sure door frame is aligned correctly and does anyone know what kind of detrimental effect it would have to run without the lower torx screws in?

Okay, so running without the torx at the bottom of the runners, struggled to get the door frame to line up and i have stripped out the top t45 bolt on the latch side of the door. will see how it lasts but.will be on the lookout for a window frame assembly now