New wheels

Jeebsy

Reaction score
24906324786_0a8cac829e_c.jpg

I'm getting A6 Le Mans wheels shortly to go on this

Current rims are 8.0j x 18 ET43 235/40, new are 8.5j x 19 ET48 225/35. Checked https://www.rimsntires.com/specspro.jsp and it said they will sit slightly closer to the arch than the current wheels but not by much. I can't afford hubcentric spacers at the moment so was thinking about 5mm ones from Demon Tweaks - think that would work OK for the time being?

I've got same wheel spec to go on mine when weather gets better
Just run them without spacers and see if it bothers you enough to put spacers on
I'll be running mine without
Mine are the BBS/Speedline et48 8.5x19

Reactions: Jeebsy
Just run them without spacers and see if it bothers you enough to put spacers on

That's the sensible thing to do...i've just got OCD with stuff like this and like to get it nailed first time. You confident your setup will run OK?

Last edited:
ET48 , that is the opposite way, so will be further away from the wheel arch not closer, maybe as its a 8.5j it will be the same as an et43 overall.

ET48 , that is the opposite way, so will be further away from the wheel arch not closer, maybe as its a 8.5j it will be the same as an et43 overall.

Yeah i think the calc was 1.6mm closer, presumably because of the extra width

That's the sensible thing to do...i've just got OCD with stuff like this and like to get it nailed first time. You confident your setup will run OK?
I'm sure they'll be fine
Can't wait to fit them

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    905.9 KB · Views: 248
They'll look great, when are you fitting them?

Jeebsy will you be selling your old wheels?

You need to use spacers 5mm min. I had 19 inch Et 43 although they did not rub on the suspension upright on the jack they will when the tyres warm up and when the camber changes when cornering, I had this happen to me and wrecked 2 front tyres the inner wall will slowly break down with the friction and fail.

This may also be due to the tyres being 255/35/19 which is what most audi's run on 19 inch wheels.
The correct ET for the B7 and without using spacers is 35 and better to run 245/35/19 tyres 255 is a bit wide for the front on the B7.

The wheels with the rims are 225 and i'll be running them for a while, also the rims are 8.5j

Would I need to new bolts if i got 5mm spacers?

Picked them up tonight - dunno if i should take them straight in for a refurb tomorrow or run them for a bit and see how I feel

IMAG3314 by wjheenan, on Flickr

Reactions: Stanningtonglen
Don't forget to bolt them on before you drive off !

Reactions: moorzy, Jeebsy and Stanningtonglen
Need centre caps for these. Conveniently Audi have both 68 and 69mm variations....anyone know what size goes with these wheels?

Assuming they are wheel part number 4F0601025BA you'll need centre cap part number 4B0601170A 7ZJ.

With no spacers the wheel will have 11mm less inner clearance and extend a further 1mm out from the original 8J ET43 wheels. Outer isn't an issue, not sure on inner clearance. A good look at how close the inner rim and tyre wall get to the suspension upright on your existing wheels will give you a good idea.

Based on my experiences a 10mm front and 13mm rear spacer should look good and negate any/most inner clearance issues.

If I ever get 19s, it'll be the same ones. I love them.

Reactions: Jeebsy
Assuming they are wheel part number 4F0601025BA you'll need centre cap part number 4B0601170A 7ZJ.

With no spacers the wheel will have 11mm less inner clearance and extend a further 1mm out from the original 8J ET43 wheels. Outer isn't an issue, not sure on inner clearance. A good look at how close the inner rim and tyre wall get to the suspension upright on your existing wheels will give you a good idea.

Based on my experiences a 10mm front and 13mm rear spacer should look good and negate any/most inner clearance issues.

If I ever get 19s, it'll be the same ones. I love them.

Cheers pal. I trawled loads of forums last night and got 4B0601170A as the part number so got four caps on the way - appreciate your help though.

I'll look at getting spacers when payday comes. Wheels going on tomorrow, hyped!

Please post some pics. I'm still in two minds if I go for them or 18-inch DTMs or Le-Mans style.

Worth getting the proper bolt caps 321601173A Z37 (standard), 4F0601173A Z37 (locking) and the cap removal tool 8D0012244A if you haven't already. Z37 is a colour code for grey metallic, but they are available in black also. I can't stand nice wheels with grotty bolts showing.

If you do get them refurbished, any ideas on colour?

They're getting refurbed as we speak. Going for this colour:

12508734_1421080791251753_512481562658333463_n by wjheenan, on Flickr

Didn't want to go too dark as my car is quite light and dark wheels can lost a bit/look smaller than they are.

Hadn't thought about bolt caps - cheers for the links. Centre caps won't be here until Thursday so you'll have to wait until then for pictures!

The tyre was rubbing against the upper arm so just had a hectic lunch break driving around Glasgow trying to get spacers and bolts. Hopefully that will do the trick and I can collect in a couple of hours

I thought the 255s would be OK after checking on a couple of websites but turns out not - spacers for the time being then went it's new tyre time i'll bin them.

IMAG3337 by wjheenan, on Flickr