new wheels ??

ribena

Reaction score
hi

been looking for some wheels a bit different from the norm

what do you all think of these in 18" on my ebony black avant sport quattro ????

fspolishedprod.jpg

Nice wheels mate, post a pic of your car and maybe some one could do a photshop for you.

i think they would look real nice.
only problem i can see maybe the brake disc.
Its an oppinion thing, but if you have big open wheels its nice to see some big disc action going on behind them.
Nice wheels all the same though.

heres hoping if anyone wants a play

DSC02351.jpg

took me hours to figure out I can't host photos on btyahoo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

jaysback - hhmm know what you mean and had'nt thought of that

i think they'll suit the colours really well but am a bit worried about them looking angular and sharp compared to the car ( even tho' they are round /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif)

cheers jason

I like /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

new brakes will be on the way soon, standard sizes but grooved probably

hows the ICE coming along??

They look OK but I prefer the original Star alloys.

How do I resize my pictures to fit the page like that?

wilko - thx for the opinion I'm torn between the two, but for the price of replacement tyres and a bit more I can get new wheels and tyres and the missus probs won't even notice

as regards piccies I just uploaded them to photobucket and then linked the larger pic (not thumbnail) to here and they sized themselves /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

oh *** /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

one advantage of indecisiveness is that I'll never hang myself /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif

If I was going to swap them, I'd go for the RS6's.

I feel they would need to be "Audi" wheels.

wwweeeellllll

my name is on a set of 8x18 et35 bright/hyper silver RS6 reps with 235/40/18 Goodyear F1's

ordered tarox g88 grooved discs and fast road pads ( needed rather than wanted)

also in at the stealers for a full cambelt 10k miles early ready for --

a custom remap and RR session at jabbasport on June 23rd /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

can't wait /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

sounds like it should be sorted in one big hit.
as will your bank account. lol
will be very nice when done though.

will you be selling the 5 stars ?
my cars just been done at jabba , whoa .

chris

ebbs - what car do you have, what sort of gains did you get ?

yes the stars will be available asap tyres are p zero's and have 2x5mm and 2x4mm tread on them

my pm's/home are down at the mo' so send me your email address to sthomas22@btinternet.com and I'll send you some piccies when they are off

Any chance one of you photoshop aces could gimme an idea of what the 'nuvolari' wheels would look like on a B6.

Go on puuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrllllllleasssse!

heres mine with 18" Nuvolari alloys.The pic is took off my phone but you get the idea.
audi-a4-nuvolari.jpg

i`ve got a a4 avant 100 ,
started at 104 bhp and went up to 143 bhp
and has 381 nm ,
means nothing to me , but pulls like a sod .

Cheers James.

Looks really well. Think I'm gonna go for those myself.

I may well have done but I like the style of the trapeze I have. They are 16" which most of you seem to think are tiny, but hey, I like em. Also just had to get two new tyres and had two about 6 months ago!!

update

been waiting for a phone call back on the hyper silver rs6's then I found some 18" 5 Star replicas and am going with those /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

told you I was indecisive

got to wait a fortnight tho' /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

took notice of opinions and they should just be noticeably different on the car

booked in for a full detailing and polish session on sunday and should get to learn how to polish using a PC/orbital machine polisher

shiny shiny slick wet look shine coming this way /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

thanks for the linky ds, some nice vehicles on there

update -

pics thread

now with 18" stars + tarox grooved discs and fast road pads + F1's and Jabbasport generic remap as the rolling road was poorly.

slightly diff offset at ET35 pushes the wheels out a tad and it gives it real presence on the road and the handling is much more solid and planted

remap was initially not what I expected but the more miles I do the mid range pull is just awesome now

brakes give much better bite, hardly any fade although the whine from the grooves is a bit disconcerting at first ( a good upgrade well suited to the power increase) - still waiting on rear discs and pads

also changed the lights again any comments welcome ( still not 100%?? )

done now, everything I need or want in a car :)

lights look real chavy , need to change them ,

what to sell them ?? i know someone who would like somerhing like that . ?

I like the lights , nice touch .

looks better in the flesh(metal)