New wheel choice

• Any

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Any help

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

kieran-S3

Reaction score
so I’m looking to upgrade my S3 8V wheels currently running standard wheels and they’ve been painted awfully (not in my ownership)..

I’m currently looking at:

OZ Grandturismo
OZ Italia
MOMO Revenge
BBS CH-R Nurburgring

Any advice would be most appreciated!!

Attachments

• 0619FFF2-E8CD-40B2-9A9A-24079EE30B67.jpeg
    0619FFF2-E8CD-40B2-9A9A-24079EE30B67.jpeg
    266 KB · Views: 1,040
Did you get them powder coated? If so how much did it cost if you don't mind me asking?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

No they’ve been very poorly sprayed and it was before my ownership of the car so can’t help you im afraid.

No worries, thanks

Reactions: kieran-S3
Think the OZ Italia would look best but that’s just what I’d personally go with. @kieran-S3 I’d go with whatever you think looks best

Stock wheels repainted and cut properly :icon thumright:

Reactions: Jimbob76
All subjective of course, but I personally prefer the OEM+ look myself. A bit of hunting can find you some great deals. I doubt these....
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/19-inch-...326857?hash=item48c582c489:g:k3AAAOSwzldcnfHB

S l1600

....would work out more costly than the after-market options you're considering (when you factor in decent tyres as well), and would give a much classier end result IMO. I'd have these in a heart beat myself if I was feeling flush.

I also think you need a little contrast between the body colour and the wheel colour. Black wheels can look great against light paint (silver, white), or against a bright colour like red, but I'm not a fan of the black on black 'murdered out' look personally. But like I say, each to their own and your choice will be the best choice for you mate :thumbs up:

Last edited:
Reactions: RossN14 and NevMan
Did you get them powder coated? If so how much did it cost if you don't mind me asking?

Had some A6 alloys done just over a year ago, and cost about £60 per wheel, by a fairly local reputable firm.

Do t have the car or alloys anymore, but here is a pic (obviously many colours and shaded to choose from)

c6caeb83e901b4e95d9e7fbd42c78960.jpg

+2 on the BBS CHR
Wouldn't necessarily go nurburg ring tho, just regular.
I think the red ring looks a tad halfords.
But other colours look sublime

MASSIVE BBS fan here Agree on the regular CH-R

Reactions: davc and CHEZ