New wheels rota grid drifts?

190sline

Reaction score
Hey guys looking at getting some new wheels this week really fancy rota grid drifts. I want to check that the sizes I have here will fit my b6 Quattro so the wheels are 18x9.5 et20 looking at having some stretch in the form of 225/40/18 tyres will the offset be ok and the wheels not to wide to hit the top arms?

Pretty sure the et will be incorrect. You should be sticking between 35-45

Yeah man 20et will stick out loads.
Mine r et30 and only just tuck under lip. And they do rub.

Rotas fitted perfectly, (5x100, 9.5 et38) 15mm spacer at front and 20mm at back. For those who want to know, the back definitely needed a spacer, hit top of the coil mount without! could probably get away with a 5mm at the back if you weren't running 9.5 with a 15mm at the front. Had to go 20mm rear for look and handling characteristics. The clearance between the inner rim protector and the strut in the front however is roughly 2-3mm so JUST fits. Tires are stretched 225 and managed to keep the tread in the arch (rears fine, front just), can definitely lower the car in the rear with no problems, may need to roll arches or camber to the get the fronts nicely inside. One thing to note, these are LOUD rims, the thick flat wall of each spoke gives a very audible propeller like tone, and the spacers create a frequency at around 80kmh that begins to ring and never lets off as speed increases. So, if you're willing to loose a bit of that soundless s3 interior for that wiiiide super phat look, then its well worth it!

Rotas fitted perfectly, (5x100, 9.5 et38) 15mm spacer at front and 20mm at back. For those who want to know, the back definitely needed a spacer, hit top of the coil mount without! could probably get away with a 5mm at the back if you weren't running 9.5 with a 15mm at the front. Had to go 20mm rear for look and handling characteristics. The clearance between the inner rim protector and the strut in the front however is roughly 2-3mm so JUST fits. Tires are stretched 225 and managed to keep the tread in the arch (rears fine, front just), can definitely lower the car in the rear with no problems, may need to roll arches or camber to the get the fronts nicely inside. One thing to note, these are LOUD rims, the thick flat wall of each spoke gives a very audible propeller like tone, and the spacers create a frequency at around 80kmh that begins to ring and never lets off as speed increases. So, if you're willing to loose a bit of that soundless s3 interior for that wiiiide super phat look, then its well worth it!

PICTURES?

Yeah, each to there own but would only put them on Jap cars personally. Then again saw a nice b5 with them the other day so who knows it might work maybe it just depends on suspension setup and wheel/car colour.

reviving an old thread here! Sorry didn't see you guys wanted me to post pics!! will do, when i'm up :p still in bed right now :D however, I'm looking at lowering now, coil overs of course, buuut will the damn things fit?? I've only got 2-3mm of clearance up front (on the inside) anyone met with similar issues?

View attachment 29708View attachment 29709View attachment 29710 IMG 0443

Those sizes are for an 8L S3 not a B6 A4

my car with 19 x 8.5 rota gridsCar

Reactions: barkclark
That looks spot on! Is there much concave with them being 8.5?

Cheers. There's a slight concave but not as much as the 18 x 9.5.